Redmaus Megasale

User avatar
Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

09 Aug 2019, 19:35

caiko wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 18:55
NOS
That's unfortunate to hear, I sent you a PM about it.
snacksthecat wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 19:15
Not trying to minimize your concern but this is exactly why I hate selling keyboards online, especially to people I don't know. You end up spending all your time playing customer service rep and "making things right" for people.

Maybe my eyes are bad but I don't see any bleeding in your photo. I see the yellowing, but I probably would have missed it if I was selling a pile of boards.
Yeah I guess I can see a tiny hint of yellowing in one of the assemblies I have out right now, but its not something I noticed until now. Yours looks worse, I don't remember it looking like that honestly.
I like to take care of my buyers, but with all the requests and PM's I get it can be difficult to keep track of everything.

User avatar
brasspanels

16 Aug 2019, 21:24

Sent a PM Redmaus!

( I hope I correctly sent one :P new around here :D )
Last edited by brasspanels on 16 Aug 2019, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.

Wazrach

16 Aug 2019, 21:52

Are you still selling the AT cables? I would like to chop off the connectors and make a USB cable for my F127. :P

User avatar
Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

16 Aug 2019, 21:55

Wazrach wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 21:52
Are you still selling the AT cables? I would like to chop off the connectors and make a USB cable for my F127. :P
Yeah! Shoot me a PM ;)

Wazrach

16 Aug 2019, 22:35

Redmaus wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 21:55
Wazrach wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 21:52
Are you still selling the AT cables? I would like to chop off the connectors and make a USB cable for my F127. :P
Yeah! Shoot me a PM ;)
PM'd!

Nightcrawler

17 Aug 2019, 10:05

deleted

xicanoink

21 Aug 2019, 22:03

PM'd!

User avatar
Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

21 Aug 2019, 23:04

xicanoink wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 22:03
PM'd!
Replied :)

User avatar
Coco

26 Aug 2019, 04:56

PM'd ^.^

xicanoink

26 Aug 2019, 20:44

Thanks Redmaus!

Package arrived today and I opened one of them and omg what a pristine beauty!

In perfect condition, box, foam, cable in plastic, wow, like stepping back in time. That sound of pressing a brand new buckling spring key!

Super happy I jumped at the chance to own these!

MostlyHarmless

29 Aug 2019, 16:38

PM'd!

Dikkus

01 Sep 2019, 05:29

xicanoink wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 20:44
Thanks Redmaus!

Package arrived today and I opened one of them and omg what a pristine beauty!

In perfect condition, box, foam, cable in plastic, wow, like stepping back in time. That sound of pressing a brand new buckling spring key!

Super happy I jumped at the chance to own these!
Were any of the rivets broken off when you got it? That's what I fear the most when it comes to really old M's. I hear they break off even if they're unused.

xicanoink

03 Sep 2019, 23:16

Dikkus wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 05:29
xicanoink wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 20:44
Thanks Redmaus!

Package arrived today and I opened one of them and omg what a pristine beauty!

In perfect condition, box, foam, cable in plastic, wow, like stepping back in time. That sound of pressing a brand new buckling spring key!

Super happy I jumped at the chance to own these!
Were any of the rivets broken off when you got it? That's what I fear the most when it comes to really old M's. I hear they break off even if they're unused.
I only opened it to drool on it a bit and to marvel at the newness. I hit the majority of the keys and they all sounded amazing. So, I did not even think about taking it apart, and probably won't until maybe next year when I decide if it goes into my closet museum or if I put it into rotation.

I have to admit I'm probably not the best at knowing if a rivet is off or broken. I've read some guys here can tell just by the sound. I do have a couple of regular M and and M122 that are not bolt modded and they are pretty old. So far no issues or any "dead" keys.

Can anyone describe what you would feel for if a rivet was off?

User avatar
JP!

04 Sep 2019, 00:31

If you shake your keyboard side to side you usually can hear or feel something moving around inside the keyboard when there are broken rivets. If none are missing you can often find one after lightly prying at one with your finger nail. This seems to be a bigger issue with the earliest of Model M's but none are immune so at least we can bolt mod to recover from this scourge. If enough rivets break off or break off in crucial locations then certain keys will not work at all and you won't feel the magnificent tactility which the Model M is known for.

User avatar
Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

04 Sep 2019, 00:54

xicanoink wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 20:44
Thanks Redmaus!

Package arrived today and I opened one of them and omg what a pristine beauty!

In perfect condition, box, foam, cable in plastic, wow, like stepping back in time. That sound of pressing a brand new buckling spring key!

Super happy I jumped at the chance to own these!
So am I, I hope you enjoy it! It's astounding how different NIB is compared to used.
Dikkus wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 05:29
Were any of the rivets broken off when you got it? That's what I fear the most when it comes to really old M's. I hear they break off even if they're unused.
I have some with little to no broken rivets, and some NIB boards with quite a few that you can hear rattling in there. I think this is partly because they were stored in an environment were they were very hot, so the rivets still had an excuse to break off. Not at all a problem if you plan to bolt or screw mod.

cli

04 Sep 2019, 18:53

Maybe I'm a snob, but after using my silver badged IBM Model M for a while I find other IBM Model M and Unicomp sound and keyfeel meh. Wonder how a NIB SSK compares to a silver badged Model M.

User avatar
Myoth

04 Sep 2019, 18:59

cli wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 18:53
Maybe I'm a snob, but after using my silver badged IBM Model M for a while I find other IBM Model M and Unicomp sound and keyfeel meh. Wonder how a NIB SSK compares to a silver badged Model M.
you're not a snob if you use a Model M :mrgreen:

cli

04 Sep 2019, 19:50

Myoth wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 18:59
cli wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 18:53
Maybe I'm a snob, but after using my silver badged IBM Model M for a while I find other IBM Model M and Unicomp sound and keyfeel meh. Wonder how a NIB SSK compares to a silver badged Model M.
you're not a snob if you use a Model M :mrgreen:
:D :D
Well, the silver badged IBM Model M and a SGI Bigfoot with early whites keeps getting back on my rotation list.
The IBM F-AT is getting used less and less, the newness wears off. Maybe time to do a Ansi spacebar mod to rekindle the relationship

MostlyHarmless

29 Sep 2019, 17:18

PM'd

User avatar
alh84001
v.001

01 Nov 2019, 09:28

I'm obviously late to the party - whatever happened to the white whale and 5140s?

Post Reply

Return to “For sale”