[SOLD] 'Industrial Grey' Powder-Coated, Xwhatsit'd, ANSI-Modded IBM Model F107 (4704) w/ Unicomp APL Keyset

Wingpad

13 Nov 2019, 20:07

I sold the board on 11/17/19. Thanks for stopping by!

Timestamp and Photos:

I am selling my beloved F107 that has had extensive work done to it. It is 'Industrial Grey' Powder-Coated, Xwhatsit'd, ANSI-Modded, and has an APL keyset from Unicomp. The plate was powder-coated black and, for the entire build, see this post.

The keyboard works superbly, but there are a few things to note about it. Firstly, since it is a project keyboard that has not been bolt-modded (i.e. 2-3 bolts added along the center-line to keep everything together), the switches can get jostled during shipping and will need adjustment afterwards. I will do my best to ensure that it is packed well, but you should feel comfortable servicing it if necessary. Secondly, the top plate has a slight bend to it. This is a common issue that does not interfere with the usability of the board but be aware that the case does not seal completely. I received it this way, and I am unsure whether anything can be done to fix it. Finally, it is missing a few of the screws but finding replacements shouldn't be a problem (anything that matches the originals will do).

Not really sure how to price this -- there hasn't been a huge market for F107's lately. I am asking 550 USD shipped to the CONUS, and will quote shipping to other countries. I will entertain offers on it, but bear in mind that this is a rare piece that has had a lot of work put into it.
Last edited by Wingpad on 17 Nov 2019, 20:13, edited 2 times in total.

Elrick

14 Nov 2019, 04:01

Congrats on all your work here.

Would of actually put through a bid but Ellipse still owes me my F77. Still have not heard anything from him or even received anything as of yet.

If he's done a runner with all my money, then maybe I would buy your keyboard as the last hope of ever owning and using an F Keyboard.

Good luck with sale, truly worth acquiring.......

Wingpad

14 Nov 2019, 14:34

Thanks Elrick! Sorry to hear back about your woes with Ellipse... keep me abreast of your decision if you see it is still available.

MostlyHarmless

14 Nov 2019, 14:45

Sent a PM

karlmartin95

15 Nov 2019, 14:38

Elrick wrote:

Would of actually put through a bid but Ellipse still owes me my F77. Still have not heard anything from him or even received anything as of yet.

If he's done a runner with all my money, then maybe I would buy your keyboard as the last hope of ever owning and using an F Keyboard.

Where did you find the F77? why did you lend it to ellipse? I found one in the streets

kmnov2017

15 Nov 2019, 15:13

karlmartin95 wrote:
Elrick wrote:

Where did you find the F77? why did you lend it to ellipse? I found one in the streets
He means the new ones that are being built by ellipse. 4 years or so in the making....

karlmartin95

15 Nov 2019, 15:33

kmnov2017 wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 15:13
karlmartin95 wrote:
Elrick wrote:

He means the new ones that are being built by ellipse. 4 years or so in the making....
Oh sorry!

Quartz64

17 Nov 2019, 19:17

PMed

Return to “For sale”