Zed's Wonderful Winter Sale

ZedTheMan

23 Dec 2019, 21:05

What a wonderful time of the year it is, for me to sell some keyboards and parts :D

I've gained a good few things in my collection since the last thread, and really need to offload some of my collection, and a few projects I never got to.

All prices are negotiable, and trade offers are welcome. Purchases are to be made via Paypal, and the buyer pays shipping. (I can do specific services upon request, otherwise my default shipping choice will be whatever is most economical for both of us.)
Feel free to call me out if any of the prices seem unfair, many are just estimates.
Also I live in Central USA. I am willing to ship worldwide but do know that I am unlikely to take trades internationally unless you are willing to pay shipping for the both of us. (Unless the offer is VERY compelling)
PM me or respond in the thread with any questions or offers. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.

Item 1:
IBM Model M (Grey Badge, no date label)
Sold:
Spoiler:
Buckling spring, I've cleaned it. It's nice, works well. The classic, the famous. PS/2 Variety.
Price: $55+ Shipping

Additional Pictures:
Spoiler:
Item 2:
Focus FK-2001 (With non-original FK-2001 box!)
Sold:
Spoiler:
Alps SKCM White Pine. I rate them a solid 8.7/10 in condition. Different from NOS, but I like them for their own charm, they feel deep and slightly clunky, but not clunky like bamboo alps. The white keycaps were unfortunately bleached and warped in an attempt to deyellow them, as I had left them in hot liquid for longer than desired. Examples of this are shown. The keyboard is still functional, but... I'm sorry for that kind of problem. It is also missing the . keycap.
Price: $35+ Shipping.
Value is mostly from the switches and chassis, (light plastic, but still quite nice for sound). It's been thoroughly cleaned and used to be my main white alps board.

Additional Pictures:
Spoiler:
Item 3:
Dell AT101W
Alps SKCM Black (Bamboo) I rate them around 6.5/10 in condition.
Black Alps, AT101W. Good starter Alps board. Uncleaned. Black alps are clunky but are great when linearized, IMO.
Price: $27+ Shipping

Additional Pictures:
Spoiler:
Item 4:
Apple Extended Keyboard
Sold:
Spoiler:
Alps SKCM Salmon (Pine). I rate them around 7.3/10 in condition. Noticeably non-NOS, and some binding when intentionally pressed off-center. Nonetheless, a wonderful switch and a wonderful board, with a very deep sound, and PBT keycaps (Besides spacebar, though some keycaps are shining, this is pictured) Cleaned. No cable, ADB protocol.
Price: $45+ Shipping

Additional Pictures:
Spoiler:
Item 5:
Acer 6011 Keyboard
Sold:
Spoiler:
Alps SKCM White (Pine). I rate these 2.5/10 in condition. Several switches straight up do not work, and a few don't even click properly. I planned to put in some hua-jie switches to replace the bad white alps, but never got around to it and probably never will. A nice QWERTY alternative to an AT101W. Dirty and uncleaned, and the spacebar stabilizers don't seem to work. (Parts may be missing, didn't check) Pad printed (?) legends, have a bit of wear
Price: $10 + Shipping

Additional Pictures:
Spoiler:
Item 6:
Epson Q503A
Sold:
Spoiler:
Fujitsu Leaf Springs (Third Generation, Linear). Wonderful linear switches, excellent weighting, very smooth. Needs cleaning and some lubrication in this state, though. Condition is probably 7.8/10, some binding off center and scratchiness, but these clean up
very well from the last board I had with them and regretted selling so much I bought this one (only to sell again, but not because it's bad or anything). I originally intended to do something I saw once on another leaf spring board, where snacksthecat (Shoutout to this wonderful guy) cut some matrix traces, replaced with diodes where appropriate, and wired up to a controller to allow for NKRO. I'm doing this same process with some other boards but honestly won't be getting to this one anytime soon. Likely unable to be converted without a controller replacement. Thick, doubleshot cylindrical keycaps, vintage fujitsu always was good with that.
Price: $50 + Shipping

Additional Pictures:
Spoiler:
Item 7:
NEC APC-H25
Sold:
Spoiler:
NEC Vintage Linear switches. Condition 6/10, kinda scratchy and binds, but well weighted. I wanted to sell previously but due to an accident where something heavy fell on it, several switch stems broke off and the project effort I had went down the drain as I didn't care to source replacement switches. I did end up pulling out the stems from the caps, though (And had to painfully dig out the stem from the up arrow (pictured, I have tested with the down arrow spot, it does hold the stem well and works fine as it is even if it looks a bit jank). A real shame, I would love to sell it to someone who will give it a proper treatment. I tried cleaning it, but the plate still looks really dirty. Externally lubed switches with dry film ptfe lubricant. Needs a controller replacement rather than traditional conversion. No cable. Has some really neat locking switches as well.
Price: $1 + Shipping to anyone who will finish this project and post about it here.

Additional Pictures:
Spoiler:
Item 8:
Infinity Whitefox Mechanical Keyboard
Zealios Switches (Unknown weighting, v1). OG Cherry WoB doubleshot keycaps (with some DCS Midnight modifiers)
A modern keyboard for once! Zealios V1 are a nice switch for the people who wish Cherry Browns were a little more tactile and a lot smoother. The keyboard is aluminium and stabs are lubed. Includes all of the keycaps from a cherry G81 that had the WoB caps, and some pictured DCS midnight modifiers. Includes pictured cable and original box. Keyboard designed in part thanks to our robot overlord. Programmable.
Price: $120 for the keyboard without keycaps, $150 with. If you choose with, it includes all pictured keycaps. + Shipping
Alternatively, one can buy just the OG Cherry keycaps (1800 layout), for $55 (Doesn't include DCS Midnight keycaps, though. If interested, the full set will be pictured upon request)

Additional Pictures:
Spoiler:
Item 9:
Stock HHKB black keycaps (topre mount)
Sold:
Spoiler:
Not much to say, thick PBT, and dark on dark legends.
Don't have an HHKB so don't have much use for these.
Price: Make an offer + Shipping
Pictures:
Spoiler:
Item 10:
Model Z62 keyboard by Zero One Tech Co. (AKA 0.01)
Cherry MX Clears. Interesting layout, nice PBT DSA keycaps. White backlighting, and programmable. (Software is weird, I am happy to provide links and help when possible). Aluminium case. Type C cable. Couldn't handle the layout, so I'm selling it.
Price: $60 + Shipping

Additional Pictures:
Spoiler:
Item 11:
Northgate OmniMac Ultra keyboard
Alps SKCM White.
I'm selling this to help fund the purchase of a WANG keyboard I want to buy, and only because I already have a couple other Omnikeys. This is the Mac version of the Omnikey Ultra (non-t), and it is in excellent condition. The switch, case, and cap condition are easily 9.5/10 or greater. The switches feel very nearly NOS. However, it is not 100% perfect. The logo is unfortunately missing and I made my own "replacement". When I bought it, it had a couple of switches that had physically broken and were missing caps. I replaced those switches with NOS skcm whites I had left over from a previous project. The missing caps I replaced with some pad printed ones with the same font and profile. (When pictures come I can get the exact ones) I did end up buying a full OmniMac keycap set from Northgate Keyboard Repairs, but they are yellowed. I am happy to include some of those keycaps to replace the pad printed ones, (I can retrobright them too, but that will take some time and a bit of money), or I can also throw in the whole set. It speaks ADB and PS/2 from the settings I've found.
Price of OmniMac as it stands: $85+shipping, these switches are in very good condition and as an Omnikey Ultra the quality is generally fantastic. If you want the replacement keycap set in full that will cost $25, a bit less than I spent on them. If you just want the replacement caps retrobrighted that's $10.
Pictures:
Spoiler:
0222201407a.jpg
0222201407a.jpg (3.6 MiB) Viewed 7710 times
0222201407.jpg
0222201407.jpg (4.62 MiB) Viewed 7710 times
Stay tuned, I have many things coming in the future, lots of IBM! M122, more Model M, and a 3101 Beamspring!
Last edited by ZedTheMan on 05 Mar 2020, 01:54, edited 12 times in total.

ppCircle

23 Dec 2019, 21:18

Don't rush, I have to collect money :lol:

ZedTheMan

24 Dec 2019, 00:03

1223191656.jpg
1223191656.jpg (4.63 MiB) Viewed 9945 times
A glory shot of everything to come! Hardware, software, keyboards... A lot of these have restoration to be done so I haven't made individual listings yet. There may be more to come!

And what's this I spy in the corner?
15771421289298880556198742048445.jpg
15771421289298880556198742048445.jpg (3.58 MiB) Viewed 9945 times

John Doe

24 Dec 2019, 01:15

3727 or 3101 beamspring?

ZedTheMan

24 Dec 2019, 01:47

3101. It's almost ready, "all" I have to do is solder up and flash the cypress I've got with CommonSense.

ZedTheMan

29 Dec 2019, 02:59

First batch of 10 items up and listed. Consider this a "bump". More to come, do check by!

fireworm

29 Dec 2019, 08:15

Pm sent.

AdrianMan

29 Dec 2019, 13:30

Pm'd

ZedTheMan

08 Jan 2020, 16:51

A good few things have sold or are pending sold. Thread updated.

ZedTheMan

16 Jan 2020, 21:34

Bump

phinix

17 Jan 2020, 15:13

I've been looking for IBM Model M.
Registering interest:)

Could you please add some close-up photos?
Why it doesn't have label?
Do you know how old is it? Manufacturing date?
Is it stock, or was it modded?

ZedTheMan

29 Jan 2020, 22:23

Bump: some price reductions incoming.
Sorry for no response phinix. I can answer some of the questions.
The label is missing as it wasn't there when I got it unfortunately, but insides put it at probably early-mid nineties. It's stock but I've cleaned it. Most but not all rivets in place. I'll get some close-ups later today.

Zariith

30 Jan 2020, 22:48

PM'd

ZedTheMan

04 Feb 2020, 21:57

Bump, Model M sold.
I may just be selling some of the stuff that needed work as is moving forward due to a lack of time.

ZedTheMan

11 Feb 2020, 04:23

Bump.

ZedTheMan

14 Feb 2020, 06:14

Bump

ZedTheMan

16 Feb 2020, 04:20

Bumpity.

shine

18 Feb 2020, 13:13

That battleship (not the battlecruiser at the right) is an M or an F?

If it's an F i'm interested

ZedTheMan

18 Feb 2020, 21:00

M. I do have an F but that one is a personal favorite.

ZedTheMan

21 Feb 2020, 16:57

Bump. Put up OmniMac Ultra keyboard. Pictures coming soon.

ZedTheMan

24 Feb 2020, 16:56

Bump. Added pictures for OmniMac, lowered prices on everything.

uncleaner

29 Feb 2020, 22:48

Is your Apple Extended Keyboard still available?

ZedTheMan

01 Mar 2020, 00:36

Yes it is, sorry for not responding sooner.

ehagerty

01 Mar 2020, 19:05

PM sent

ZedTheMan

09 Mar 2020, 21:10

Bump

smleeeeee

04 Jun 2021, 00:54

Is the OmniMac still available?

hellothere

04 Jun 2021, 00:56

smleeeeee wrote:
Considering I own it, the answer's no :D.

smleeeeee

04 Jun 2021, 00:57

hellothere wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 00:56
smleeeeee wrote:
Considering I own it, the answer's no :D.
Haha one day..

hellothere

04 Jun 2021, 01:06

Well, I'm currently typing on a OmniKey Plus, if you want to send me an offer ...

smleeeeee

04 Jun 2021, 02:19

Gonna pm you

Return to “For sale”