//gainsborough's actual downsizing thread

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

13 Apr 2020, 00:03

Hello once again DT marketplace!

The time has come for an actual downsizing sale. This listing has some of my nicer keyboards as well as some projects that have been sitting around for a while that I have had good intentions for, but just haven't found the time to compelte. Prices are a bit all over the place, but I tried to ignore the sentimental value I have for some of these as best I could.

keyboards

1. Realforce 101 with EC9009 keycaps: $220 + shipping (sale pending)
This board is almost in NOS condition. It comes with original box and plastic bag-wrap too! I swapped the caps out for EC9009 and am not 100% sure where I put the original caps >_<. The 9009 is in amazing condition with no shine at all. The remaining 9009 set is included in the purchase.

pics in spoiler:
Spoiler:

2. Acer KB-101 project (SKCM blue alps): $250 + shipping (sale pending)
I bought this off eBay for $200 thinking I scored an awesome deal on some blue alps.... nope. The alps in this thing were SKCM white. I honestly didn't even know this could come with SKCM white. Luckily I had some blue alps lying around and turned it into a reso. project. The caps were pretty yellowed and pad printed, so I think I sold them to someone in an alps cap blowout sale type thing and this has been sitting around waiting for caps. I never found any, though. The switches aren't even soldered in place. You'd be buying an almost finished project. Just needs stabs and caps and switches soldered in and you have a very nice KB-101A

pics in spoiler:
Spoiler:

3. unknown black board with alps clones and dolch-ish caps: 40 + shipping
could be a neat project and comes with a 7u dark spacebar, which is neat. Otherwise, this thing is scratchy AF. I would only buy if you wanted to use caps or replace switches. Haven't tested it either but it should work with an AT adapter

pics in spoiler:
Spoiler:
4. FK-555: 40 + shipping
pretty beat up. White alps are also scratchy. Bought as a project and again just let it sit around. The previous owner I think just wanted it for the badge but was also surprised it came with white alps. At least I am not the only one to be surprised by white instead of blue, hahaha.

pics in spoiler:
Spoiler:
SOLD ITEMS
Spoiler:
1. Undampened cream alps: 210 + shipping
2. Zenith ZKB-2R (upgraded edition): $310 + shipping

Thanks for looking! PM me if you have any questions! I am open to offers as well but I think for now I'm looking for around the price I've listed at.

Stay home. Stay hydrated. Stay safe. Happy easter!
Last edited by //gainsborough on 15 Apr 2020, 18:34, edited 3 times in total.

LightningXI

13 Apr 2020, 00:57

The pic of board number 4 I think is the wrong link =)

GLWS, gains!!

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

13 Apr 2020, 03:58

good catch! Thanks, man!

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

13 Apr 2020, 04:57

Wow, this is a lot of keyboards! I gotta come back through and take a look when I have some time tonight.

But I wanted to pop in because I saw the topic and I have to ask; what do you plan to stand your monitor on after you offload all your keyboards? Well I presume you're not offloading all of them. Maybe you plan to keep the Monitor Boards?

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

13 Apr 2020, 05:00

LOL!!! Snacks... you know me too well.

But yes, the "monitor boards" I am keeping...

EnthusiastDude

13 Apr 2020, 11:29

It's a pity that you're based in the US, the Zenith looks really interesting in my opinion.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

13 Apr 2020, 17:55

You have good taste! It's a pretty nice board.

I'm open to shipping anywhere - but it can be expensive to ship internationally. The Zenith isn't exactly "light" either >_<

EnthusiastDude

13 Apr 2020, 21:50

Yeah, I don't think shipping it to the EU is worth it, but thanks for the offer.

Elrick

14 Apr 2020, 10:41

//gainsborough wrote:

I'm open to shipping anywhere - but it can be expensive to ship internationally. The Zenith isn't exactly "light" either >_<
Just received TODAY my https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/in ... ail&p=6173

It only cost me a $31.00USD. Couldn't believe my luck here when sending this keyboard out from the United States to Convict Town.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

18 Apr 2020, 20:54

Elrick wrote:
//gainsborough wrote:

It only cost me a $31.00USD. Couldn't believe my luck here when sending this keyboard out from the United States to Convict Town.
Nice, shipping between US and AU is usually criminally expensive. How did you send it //gainsborough? Even when I have checked parcelmonkey, it has come to like $50 minimum for a keyboard.

Elrick

21 Apr 2020, 05:11

snacksthecat wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 20:54
Elrick wrote:
//gainsborough wrote:

Nice, shipping between US and AU is usually criminally expensive. How did you send it //gainsborough? Even when I have checked parcelmonkey, it has come to like $50 minimum for a keyboard.
Difference here is that I bought from Mechanical Keyboards and they supplied the shipping quote 'Gainsie' is bound to the Shipping Rapists of America here. They will not match MK's shipping cost, especially to foreign countries that keeps on licking the US of A asshole, no special deals given here.

Just so glad I still have access to buy off MK's site and also avoid ScoMo's rancid shipping tax levy, to my home address. If you're living here in Convict Central, then all's good when buying off Mechanical Keyboards site.

Return to “For sale”