Tried to sell 62 Amber Alps for $200 (after having already listed other items separately) and then this happened...

User avatar
PlacaFromHell

18 May 2020, 07:59

I was thinking on defending the OP until he admitted to having replaced the switches with others much more abundant and less desired in the market (which consequently respond to a much lower price). Not at scam because it's kinda implicit at least, but that's very trickster and unfair. Imagine something more drastic, you buy a Ferrari which says it was repaired because of faulting parts, nothing else specified. Then you close the deal and the thing has a motor taken from a tractor. You're abusing from the small letters.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, please be clearly with your sell and don't bother anyone.

Slom

18 May 2020, 08:05

kelvinhall05 wrote:
17 May 2020, 23:42
I am not gonna side with anyone here, I think both sides of this argument are ridiculous. Andj00 isn't directly scamming someone, but leaving out critical information (even if he is willing to give it) is a dick move. Kind of like a car dealership not telling someone buying a used car about a massive oil leak, but oh, they're willing to tell them if they ask!
I'm not sure where you are living, but in my country the dealer would have to take the car back.
andj00 wrote:
18 May 2020, 00:45
All I can say is I've heard everyone's thoughts. [...]
but you keep on scamming:
andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 23:56
zrrion wrote:
17 May 2020, 23:53
andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 23:46
The Amber Alps switches were replaced with White Dampened Alps switches in this specific unit.
You gonna update the listing with that info, after all, you've already typed it up here it would be a simple copy paste and the listing would be good to go?
No way in hell I'll buy dampened creams for 130usd though, I don't want to hop on the "prices are too high" bandwagon because I don't pay attention to the market rate for anything and can't speak with authority on the matter, but this is certainly way too high for dampened cream, you would be better off selling the thing without switches IMO.
Nope you just experienced what it’s like to be a customer. You read something you cared about, you asked about it and got your answer.

Thanks again for your input.

User avatar
andj00

18 May 2020, 08:17

PlacaFromHell wrote:
18 May 2020, 07:59
don't bother anyone.
Oh I'll try my best not to bother anyone. Thanks. You can be sure about that.

User avatar
andj00

18 May 2020, 08:18

Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:05
but you keep on scamming
As far as I'm concerned, the posting has all the information that is needed. Thanks for your input though!

Slom

18 May 2020, 08:21

andj00 wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:18
Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:05
but you keep on scamming
As far as I'm concerned, the posting has all the information that is needed. Thanks for your input though!
As far as the law in my country is concerned, it has not.

I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not in the US, but still:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fraudulent_concealment
Last edited by Slom on 18 May 2020, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
andj00

18 May 2020, 08:25

Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:21
andj00 wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:18
Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:05
but you keep on scamming
As far as I'm concerned, the posting has all the information that is needed. Thanks for your input though!
As far as the law in my country is concerned, it has not.

I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not in the US, but still:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fraudulent_concealment
The information is there and anyone can inquire within. Thanks though.

"...that this material fact was not within reasonably diligent attention, observation, and judgment of the plaintiff"

Slom

18 May 2020, 08:32

andj00 wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:25
Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:21
andj00 wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:18


As far as I'm concerned, the posting has all the information that is needed. Thanks for your input though!
As far as the law in my country is concerned, it has not.

I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not in the US, but still:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fraudulent_concealment
The information is there and anyone can inquire within. Thanks though.
No, the information is not there. I just checked, there is no picture of the switches, and nothing in the description even mentions that you replaced the switches. ALL of the switches, mind you.

BUT you DO know that the switches are replaced, and you DO know that this is important to some of the potential buyers (you are posting here, after all). THAT makes it you responsibility to mention it without being asked about it.

That you refuse to do so, shows that it is fully intentional.

User avatar
andj00

18 May 2020, 08:33

Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:32
No, the information is not there. I just checked, there is no picture of the switches, and nothing in the description even mentions that you replaced the switches. ALL of the switches, mind you.

BUT you DO know that the switches are replaced, and you DO know that this is important to some of the potential buyers (you are posting here, after all). THAT makes it you responsibility to mention it without being asked about it.

That you refuse to do so, shows that it is fully intentional.
"...that this material fact was not within reasonably diligent attention, observation, and judgment of the plaintiff"


No, sorry I think you're wrong.

Image

Slom

18 May 2020, 08:49

attention:
The switches are not mentioned.

observation:
The switches are not visible on the pictures.

judgement:
andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 23:12
If they don't take that upon themselves, too bad.
I'm not even going into your lying about the keyboard not working in the first place (It was working when you got it, right?)
Last edited by Slom on 18 May 2020, 08:51, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
andj00

18 May 2020, 08:50

Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:49
attention:
The switches are not mentioned.

observation:
The switches are not visible on the pictures.

judgement:
andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 23:12
If they don't take that upon themselves, too bad.
Yeah, you're just pulling hairs. Switches are a keyboard part are they not?

User avatar
andj00

18 May 2020, 08:52

Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:49
I'm not even going into your lying about the keyboard not working in the first place (It was working when you got it, right?)
Again, pulling hairs. What else do you want to talk about?

Slom

18 May 2020, 08:54

andj00 wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:50
Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:49
attention:
The switches are not mentioned.

observation:
The switches are not visible on the pictures.

judgement:
andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 23:12
If they don't take that upon themselves, too bad.
Yeah, you're just pulling hairs. Switches are a keyboard part are they not?
You see, I'm done here. You clearly admit to behavior that I (And a few other people here) consider scammy and fraudulent.

User avatar
andj00

18 May 2020, 08:57

Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:54
andj00 wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:50
Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:49
attention:
The switches are not mentioned.

observation:
The switches are not visible on the pictures.

judgement:
Yeah, you're just pulling hairs. Switches are a keyboard part are they not?
You see, I'm done here. You clearly admit to behavior that I (And a few other people here) consider scammy and fraudulent.
That's fine. We can agree to disagree. Goodbye!

EnthusiastDude

18 May 2020, 09:45

So you're saying that the amber alps were malfunctioning and you had to replace them to get the apple iic to work again?
Because if that's the case, you should at least mention that when you're selling the amber alps.
And if that's not the case, then why did you replace them in the first place?

User avatar
andj00

18 May 2020, 09:49

EnthusiastDude wrote:
18 May 2020, 09:45
So you're saying that the amber alps were malfunctioning and you had to replace them to get the apple iic to work again?
Because if that's the case, you should at least mention that when you're selling the amber alps.
And if that's not the case, then why did you replace them in the first place?
Go re-read my posts in reply to the IBM 5140 comments if you really want to understand.

If you really don't understand after that, you can message me about it. You're just commenting for the sake of argument at this point.

Slom

18 May 2020, 10:47

EnthusiastDude wrote:
18 May 2020, 09:45
So you're saying that the amber alps were malfunctioning and you had to replace them to get the apple iic to work again?
Because if that's the case, you should at least mention that when you're selling the amber alps.
And if that's not the case, then why did you replace them in the first place?
He harvested the working switches. The why has to be: He wanted to sell the ambers for teh moneys.
andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 20:29
I rendered the keyboard useless, making it not in working order, I then restored the keyboard to working condition, making the unit in working condition.
Last edited by Slom on 18 May 2020, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
andj00

18 May 2020, 10:47

Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 10:47
EnthusiastDude wrote:
18 May 2020, 09:45
So you're saying that the amber alps were malfunctioning and you had to replace them to get the apple iic to work again?
Because if that's the case, you should at least mention that when you're selling the amber alps.
And if that's not the case, then why did you replace them in the first place?
He harvested the working switches, and replaced them:
andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 20:29
I rendered the keyboard useless, making it not in working order, I then restored the keyboard to working condition, making the unit in working condition.
Hey, long time no see!

Slom

18 May 2020, 10:51

andj00 wrote:
18 May 2020, 10:47
Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 10:47
EnthusiastDude wrote:
18 May 2020, 09:45
So you're saying that the amber alps were malfunctioning and you had to replace them to get the apple iic to work again?
Because if that's the case, you should at least mention that when you're selling the amber alps.
And if that's not the case, then why did you replace them in the first place?
He harvested the working switches, and replaced them:
andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 20:29
I rendered the keyboard useless, making it not in working order, I then restored the keyboard to working condition, making the unit in working condition.
Hey, long time no see!
Ok, one last subtle point. Totally OT, but threads here are not "owned" by the first poster :) That answer was clearly not directed at you.

Who exactly is "just commenting for the sake of argument at this point."?
Last edited by Slom on 18 May 2020, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
andj00

18 May 2020, 10:52

Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 10:47
He wanted to sell the ambers for teh moneys.
A little bit of that, a little bit of genuinely wanting to help get Alps into the hands of the community.
Last edited by andj00 on 18 May 2020, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
andj00

18 May 2020, 10:53

Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 10:51
Ok, one last subtle point. Totally OT, but threads here are not "owned" by the first poster :) That answer was clearly not directed at you.

Who exactly is "just commenting for the sake of argument at this point."?
You said you were done “here”. “Here” is this thread.
Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 10:51

You see, I'm done here.

Shihatsu

18 May 2020, 11:27

Well, we didn't had a shady scammer here for a while :D

User avatar
andj00

18 May 2020, 15:53

Shihatsu wrote:
18 May 2020, 11:27
Well, we didn't had a shady scammer here for a while :D
:roll:

User avatar
Myoth

18 May 2020, 16:00

andj00 wrote:
18 May 2020, 10:52
Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 10:47
He wanted to sell the ambers for teh moneys.
A little bit of that, a little bit of genuinely wanting to help get Alps into the hands of the community.
LOL

jsahmiens

18 May 2020, 16:18

Myoth wrote:
18 May 2020, 16:00
andj00 wrote:
18 May 2020, 10:52
Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 10:47
He wanted to sell the ambers for teh moneys.
A little bit of that, a little bit of genuinely wanting to help get Alps into the hands of the community.
LOL

good guy andj, this was all just a huge misunderstanding. but it should be revised to:

"A little bit of that, a little bit of genuinely wanting to help get white dampened Alps into the hands of the community."

User avatar
kbdfr
The Tiproman

18 May 2020, 16:19

I just can’t believe The Demongolator hasn’t posted in more than 3 years.
Looks like it’s time for him to step in again :lol:

User avatar
andj00

18 May 2020, 16:37

Myoth wrote:
18 May 2020, 16:00
andj00 wrote:
18 May 2020, 10:52
Slom wrote:
18 May 2020, 10:47
He wanted to sell the ambers for teh moneys.
A little bit of that, a little bit of genuinely wanting to help get Alps into the hands of the community.
LOL
Ooooh hilarious.

User avatar
andj00

18 May 2020, 16:38

jsahmiens wrote:
18 May 2020, 16:18
Myoth wrote:
18 May 2020, 16:00
andj00 wrote:
18 May 2020, 10:52


A little bit of that, a little bit of genuinely wanting to help get Alps into the hands of the community.
LOL

good guy andj, this was all just a huge misunderstanding. but it should be revised to:

"A little bit of that, a little bit of genuinely wanting to help get white dampened Alps into the hands of the community."
Yeah glad I could clear that up for you.

User avatar
andj00

18 May 2020, 17:02

Deskthority Logic:

Call person you don't like names, treat them like shit, make fun of them, use profanity and other toxic statements, make assumptions and judgments about their experiences in the hobby.....

....and then get upset when said person doesn't listen to your list of demands.

:lol:

Image

Last edited by andj00 on 18 May 2020, 17:24, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Muirium
µ

18 May 2020, 17:09

Aye. You’re the one who came here, ya diddy. Awa ya go!

User avatar
andj00

18 May 2020, 17:10

Muirium wrote:
18 May 2020, 17:09
Yup. You’re the one who came here, ass hat. Awa ya go!
Thanks for the warm welcome! :?

edit: oooh, more profanity, toxicity and name calling!!

i think someone here mentioned it was "vile" to do that? you might be considered "vile" here by your peers. :|

edit2: the user called me an "asshat" and then edited their comment to remove that statement. I wonder why? Did they realize they were being childish? lol
Last edited by andj00 on 18 May 2020, 17:33, edited 2 times in total.

Post Reply

Return to “For sale”