Tried to sell 62 Amber Alps for $200 (after having already listed other items separately) and then this happened...

Muirium
µ

18 May 2020, 18:44

Check my profile, wee man. Come back to me on that when you’ve been part of DT as long as I have.

andj00

Muirium wrote:
Check my profile, wee man. Come back to me on that when you’ve been part of DT as long as I have.
*bows down to the godly Muirium*

Muirium
µ

18 May 2020, 18:47

That’s nice. Now how about you see about an attitude change once you’re back up?

andj00

Muirium wrote:
That’s nice. Now how about you see about an attitude change once you’re back up?
Damn dude, seven years. You've had a stick up your ass for this long? lol :lol:

Muirium
µ

18 May 2020, 18:50

Nah. Just since you showed up! I’m usually nice.

andj00

Muirium wrote:
Nah. Just since you showed up! I’m usually nice.
Cool. Glad I could bring out the "real" you for all your friends to see.

elecplus

18 May 2020, 19:10

User andj00 has been banned for 2 weeks for excessive rudeness and contributing nothing beneficial to the community.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 May 2020, 20:55

we don't ban people because they are annoying.

WhiskyTangoLima

18 May 2020, 21:37

Thanks mods. Seen this guy around elsewhere, always trying to flip and generally pull one over on the end user. I’m surprised it took this long for him to get banned by anyone, honestly.

Muirium
µ

18 May 2020, 22:47

Give him a couple of weeks to cool off. If he’s still swinging punches every which way like a drunken sailor with an inferiority complex, then it’s time to contemplate Matteo’s implicit question. Because like it or not, there’s always a line to cross, somewhere.

WhiskyTangoLima

18 May 2020, 23:32

Muirium wrote:
18 May 2020, 22:47
Give him a couple of weeks to cool off. If he’s still swinging punches every which way like a drunken sailor with an inferiority complex, then it’s time to contemplate Matteo’s implicit question. Because like it or not, there’s always a line to cross, somewhere.
Definitely agreed, but I think the annoying factor was quickly overwritten by his inability to claim responsibility and his attitude towards the people in here who were being sincere in their criticism.

enrique.aliaga

19 May 2020, 01:23

Good riddance!

headphone_jack

19 May 2020, 04:13

What a wreck of a thread. Glad to see him gone.

andj00

19 May 2020, 04:24

lol My ban was lifted an hour after it was given, I was waiting for someone to notice. Unfortunately no one did. Does no one look at the little "Who is online" thing at the bottom? haha

This will be my final comment in this thread (pinky promise). Goodbye!

WhiskyTangoLima

19 May 2020, 05:19

andj00 wrote:
19 May 2020, 04:24
lol My ban was lifted an hour after it was given, I was waiting for someone to notice. Unfortunately no one did. Does no one look at the little "Who is online" thing at the bottom? haha

This will be my final comment in this thread (pinky promise). Goodbye!
Yikes, you really could have come back and said something to help your case, but no, you made things worse.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

19 May 2020, 07:55

andj00 wrote:

*bows down to the godly Muirium*
this is what everyone should be doing

Gnho

20 May 2020, 02:18

//gainsborough wrote:
17 May 2020, 04:28
- and worse, is part of a small sample size of comments on this website for which serve as the basis for how members will judge you as a seller and a person.
Talk like a true math professor! :lol: :lol:

jsahmiens

20 May 2020, 02:48

Gnho wrote:
20 May 2020, 02:18
//gainsborough wrote:
17 May 2020, 04:28
- and worse, is part of a small sample size of comments on this website for which serve as the basis for how members will judge you as a seller and a person.
Talk like a true math professor! :lol: :lol:
well, andj is a statistics student, after all.

mcmaxmcmc

20 May 2020, 05:39

Well, this is a pretty good example of how a person with narcissistic personality disorder reacts to criticism.

Please, if a person you know (friend, family member, SO) reacts this way or has a similar attitude as Andj00 here, please research about it and try to convince them to go see a doctor. It'll be hard, as they'd be up their head about it, but please try if possible. The disorder can be very problematic to a person's mental health and relationships, so if you still have that relationship and want to keep it going, please act. You don't want a person like Andj00 here. Let this thread be a lesson.

As for @Andj00 -- well, I wish him well, but I hope somebody near him would realize and get him to consult a doctor. I doubt he'd go there himself though, considering how much he's up in his head in this thread, thus hoping somebody else related to him getting him to do so. Not sure if you can even afford to do that during these trying times, though. I don't think even your blatant keyboard flips would put a dent on that receipt.

You lose, Andj00. Let this be a lesson to you too.

ZacAndCheese

20 May 2020, 17:51

Normally don't post anything on Deskthority, but felt the need to leave this here. Guess he didn't take the criticism the way he should have.
notdoneyet.jpg
notdoneyet.jpg (186.29 KiB) Viewed 531 times

ntv242

22 May 2020, 14:22

ZacAndCheese wrote:
Normally don't post anything on Deskthority, but felt the need to leave this here. Guess he didn't take the criticism the way he should have.

And what exactly is that way? He is free to slap whatever price on his merchandise, especially on ebay.

WhiskyTangoLima

23 May 2020, 04:47

ntv242 wrote:
22 May 2020, 14:22
ZacAndCheese wrote:

And what exactly is that way? He is free to slap whatever price on his merchandise, especially on ebay.
He is scalping, which is very predatory to the newcomers to this community. He is also uninformed, and cannot make accurate assessments of the quality of the switches. Take a look at the ages of his accounts, he is incredibly new to this community.

ntv242

23 May 2020, 07:25

WhiskyTangoLima wrote:

He is scalping, which is very predatory to the newcomers to this community. He is also uninformed, and cannot make accurate assessments of the quality of the switches. Take a look at the ages of his accounts, he is incredibly new to this community.
You are making a lot of assumptions here and I don’t want to get into tackling those assumptions since that would make me sound like defending OP. While i am not really on anyone’side here. I just think that you can criticize his posts his behaviors here all you want but stretching that to even his ebay posts is kind of ridiculous.

mcmaxmcmc

23 May 2020, 12:00

ntv242 wrote:
23 May 2020, 07:25
WhiskyTangoLima wrote:

You are making a lot of assumptions here and I don’t want to get into tackling those assumptions since that would make me sound like defending OP. While i am not really on anyone’side here. I just think that you can criticize his posts his behaviors here all you want but stretching that to even his ebay posts is kind of ridiculous.
When he outright tries to scam people on eBay by hiding information, misinforming conditions of the items he's selling (on reddit and eBay), doing all of this in such a greedy, unempathetic way, and shunning genuine criticism, something's wrong with him. His behavior is oozing out of all of his pores, and it's clearly shown here.

Yes, stretching to his eBay post is reasonable. He's the same person selling the same items and using the same underhanded methods.

I think many others have already explained this in the thread.

Excelso

24 May 2020, 13:31

There is always this kind of people who have some kind of problems related to the perception of reality. Whenever someone asumes he is been told he is stupid when you tell him not to do something stupid I assume he will never be able to have any productive conversation with peers. If you add that he is omiting very important information in the selling posts and he uses the "ask anything" and "read (incomplete) description" at the same time is a clear clue he is actually trying to scam people.

jsahmiens

27 May 2020, 05:10

here's a good example of my experience on eBay these days:

- get a new notification for one of my watched terms: "silicon graphics keyboard"
- open eBay to check what it is
- see that it's just the bigfoot case, without PCB, caps, or switches, listed for $45 shipped
- it's probably andj, but I click anyway just to check who is selling it
- it is andj (big surprise)
- close eBay and lose hope of finding highly sought-after vintage keyboards in unmodified condition for a reasonable price on eBay ever again

Return to “For sale”