Tried to sell 62 Amber Alps for $200 (after having already listed other items separately) and then this happened...

jsahmiens

17 May 2020, 18:48

two IBM 5140s, mind you. I had both in my cart at some point before reaching out to you just to be sure. rarely on eBay do I expect sellers to have gutted out original parts, and "'cleaned and restored by hand" is not an indication of anything at all. it's unreasonable and just plain irresponsible to leave out that sort of detail.

User avatar
andj00

17 May 2020, 18:50

jsahmiens wrote:
17 May 2020, 18:48
two IBM 5140s, mind you. I had both in my cart at some point before reaching out to you just to be sure. rarely on eBay do I expect sellers to have gutted out original parts, and "'cleaned and restored by hand" is not an indication of anything at all. it's unreasonable and just plain irresponsible to leave out that sort of detail.
But you did reach out and I told you it did not contain them right? Good, just wanted to check.

User avatar
zrrion

17 May 2020, 19:03

Lying by omission is still lying dude. Just because you're willing to fess up when caught doesn't make it cool. You don't get credit for doing less than the bare minimum.

User avatar
andj00

17 May 2020, 19:07

zrrion wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:03
Lying by omission is still lying dude. Just because you're willing to fess up when caught doesn't make it cool. You don't get credit for doing less than the bare minimum.
Well, I'll make certain future postings take that transparency into consideration.

forter4

17 May 2020, 19:15

mcmaxmcmc wrote:
17 May 2020, 02:28
forter4 wrote:
16 May 2020, 18:52
mcmaxmcmc wrote:
16 May 2020, 10:47



Take that to heart, considering that even a 17-year-old lashed a criticism like this to you. :?

You gotta change, man. And it better be for the better.
Well, other than him posting a lot, your criticism is unfounded
Well, other than the lack of prior knowledge and the backstory behind the whole ordeal, your comment is certainly an ignorant one.
no, I pretty much got the jist of it. I also noticed you didn't even bother to address my rebuttals at all
Last edited by forter4 on 17 May 2020, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zrrion

17 May 2020, 19:27

For the prices you set you should have the respect for your buyers to not have to be told this sort of stuff. "Don't lie about the condition/quality/nature of your items" is baseline for being a seller at all and if you can't do it then you aren't a seller you're a scammer. The fact that you got caught trying to scam someone and have carefully worded your promise not to try to scam people later doesn't mean shit IMO, not with how vile you are acting towards other critics in this thread.

User avatar
andj00

17 May 2020, 19:28

zrrion wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:27
For the prices you set you should have the respect for your buyers to not have to be told this sort of stuff. "Don't lie about the condition/quality/nature of your items" is baseline for being a seller at all and if you can't do it then you aren't a seller you're a scammer. The fact that you got caught trying to scam someone and have carefully worded your promise not to try to scam people later doesn't mean shit IMO, not with how vile you are acting towards other critics in this thread.
Again, in the product description it reads "cleaned and restored to working condition by hand". I didn't post that to Deskthority, it's on ebay. As far as ebay is concerned, i'm sure most people here message the seller asking for them to remove a keycap, or some more information about their product. I respond to all those questions and am transparent.

What you're asking me to do is be even more transparent, which I've said I'll do.

Not sure what else needs to be discussed. But thanks for your advice.

User avatar
dogmantime

17 May 2020, 19:43

andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 18:38
-The item description says cleaned and restored to working condition by hand, my username is present there for anyone who wanted to cross-reference, and I reply to all questions about my items.
Mate your words on the 5140 page are "Restored to working order by hand but being sold for parts since I do not have a power cable to test." direct quote. Firstly that doesn't make any sense, how would you know it is in working order if you haven't tested it? How do you know it wasn't working before with the brown alps still in there? This already is seeming like a farce, for all you know you may have rendered it less than fully working by replacing the original switches with whatever you put in there. I do not believe you're making these mistakes by accident. For a hopeful alps switch enthusiast this is incredibly vague and shady, they could easily excitedly buy the item without proper diligence thinking they've found an alright deal on brown alps, where would that leave them? In a big mess of shipping fees and return woes.
andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 18:38
-We're talking about 30 year old hardware here, when I open up a keyboard and see no dust on the plate that's pretty pristine in my opinion. But I'll refrain from using those terms here on Deskthority.
You should probably stop using those terms everywhere, pristine means as good as New, spotless, untouched. We're not talking about 30 year old hardware here we're talking about a dissonance between your words and your actions, man. You've literally used those words to describe boards that are quite clearly dirty, I'm not sure how much clearer I can make myself.
andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 18:38
-In my past experiences, Alps Arabic keycaps sell for quite a bit and I was using my past price of an Arabic AEK set, I didn't just pull a random number out of my ass. As soon as someone asked me for a picture of the undersides I posted it. Not sure what your issue was with that.
Arabic AEK =/= your doubleshot abs, thin, pad printed set. AEK caps are mid-thickness dyesub PBT, and searching for the various localisations of them has become a rewarding endeavour for us. Comparing the two sets like that you might as well be pulling a random number out of your arse. Not showing the undersides was, as I said, a curious omission to make given your past methods.

forter4

17 May 2020, 19:43

zrrion wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:27
For the prices you set you should have the respect for your buyers to not have to be told this sort of stuff. "Don't lie about the condition/quality/nature of your items" is baseline for being a seller at all and if you can't do it then you aren't a seller you're a scammer. The fact that you got caught trying to scam someone and have carefully worded your promise not to try to scam people later doesn't mean shit IMO, not with how vile you are acting towards other critics in this thread.
lol my guy..."vile"?

no where in his posts did he seem vile. More than a little sarcastic? Sure. Vile? I mean, if that's your perspective on what "vileness" is, I'm not sure what you'd think if he actually called someone names the way people were calling him names

User avatar
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

17 May 2020, 19:50

It’s true most people who’ve been “around the block,” as it were, definitely ask the seller about switches on eBay, but a lot of new people in the hobby won’t have a prior bad experience from which to think that asking the seller is that important. By replacing the switches in the 5140 you’ve altered the integrity of the original machine. You know as well as I do that 95% of the time someone buys a 5140 on eBay is for its switches, and you’re intentionally leaving out the fact that it doesn’t have the switches ppl are looking for out of, from what I can only guess is, fear that it won’t sell.

I take moral issue with that, personally. It’s be like buying a knife set where you’ve only seen pictures of the block, getting said knife set in the mail, pulling out a knife and realizing all the blades have been replaced with paper cut-outs.

Here’s maybe a better question: if you assume that people will ask for switch detail on eBay, why not disclose it on the product description anyway? You’ll just have to keep responding to the same messages every time.

User avatar
andj00

17 May 2020, 19:51

dogmantime wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:43

Mate your words on the 5140 page are "Restored to working order by hand but being sold for parts since I do not have a power cable to test." direct quote. Firstly that doesn't make any sense, how would you know it is in working order if you haven't tested it? How do you know it wasn't working before with the brown alps still in there? This already is seeming like a farce, for all you know you may have rendered it less than fully working by replacing the original switches with whatever you put in there. I do not believe you're making these mistakes by accident. For a hopeful alps switch enthusiast this is incredibly vague and shady, they could easily excitedly buy the item without proper diligence thinking they've found an alright deal on brown alps, where would that leave them? In a big mess of shipping fees and return woes.
Restored to working order in this case meant it didn't have a working keyboard until I gave it a working keyboard. So if someone tried it to use it, they could actually use it. However, I didn't have a power cable to plug in and test. Everyone here should always do their due diligence and inquire from the seller.
dogmantime wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:43

You should probably stop using those terms everywhere, pristine means as good as New, spotless, untouched. We're not talking about 30 year old hardware here we're talking about a dissonance between your words and your actions, man. You've literally used those words to describe boards that are quite clearly dirty, I'm not sure how much clearer I can make myself.
Well, in my opinion (which I'm entitled to) NOS / NIB means new, spotless untouched. Nowhere in my posts did I mention those acronyms anywhere.
dogmantime wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:43

Arabic AEK =/= your doubleshot abs, thin, pad printed set. AEK caps are mid-thickness dyesub PBT, and searching for the various localisations of them has become a rewarding endeavour for us. Comparing the two sets like that you might as well be pulling a random number out of your arse. Not showing the undersides was, as I said, a curious omission to make given your past methods.
If someone valued it at the price I posted then they valued it for that price. Don't know what to tell you. For future reference, how much would you sell that specific set of arabic alps for?
Last edited by andj00 on 17 May 2020, 19:53, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
andj00

17 May 2020, 19:52

//gainsborough wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:50
It’s true most people who’ve been “around the block,” as it were, definitely ask the seller about switches on eBay, but a lot of new people in the hobby won’t have a prior bad experience from which to think that asking the seller is that important. By replacing the switches in the 5140 you’ve altered the integrity of the original machine. You know as well as I do that 95% of the time someone buys a 5140 on eBay is for its switches, and you’re intentionally leaving out the fact that it doesn’t have the switches ppl are looking for out of, from what I can only guess is, fear that it won’t sell.

I take moral issue with that, personally. It’s be like buying a knife set where you’ve only seen pictures of the block, getting said knife set in the mail, pulling out a knife and realizing all the blades have been replaced with paper cut-outs.

Here’s maybe a better question: if you assume that people will ask for switch detail on eBay, why not disclose it on the product description anyway? You’ll just have to keep responding to the same messages every time.
This is noted and I will do that in my future postings. This is now my 3rd time saying this?

jsahmiens

17 May 2020, 19:55

andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:52
//gainsborough wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:50
It’s true most people who’ve been “around the block,” as it were, definitely ask the seller about switches on eBay, but a lot of new people in the hobby won’t have a prior bad experience from which to think that asking the seller is that important. By replacing the switches in the 5140 you’ve altered the integrity of the original machine. You know as well as I do that 95% of the time someone buys a 5140 on eBay is for its switches, and you’re intentionally leaving out the fact that it doesn’t have the switches ppl are looking for out of, from what I can only guess is, fear that it won’t sell.

I take moral issue with that, personally. It’s be like buying a knife set where you’ve only seen pictures of the block, getting said knife set in the mail, pulling out a knife and realizing all the blades have been replaced with paper cut-outs.

Here’s maybe a better question: if you assume that people will ask for switch detail on eBay, why not disclose it on the product description anyway? You’ll just have to keep responding to the same messages every time.
This is noted and I will do that in my future postings. This is now my 3rd time saying this?
OK, then you can start with the apple IIc that you have for sale :D

edit: which has been gutted too with a vague "restoration" note in its description, btw (now updated)
Last edited by jsahmiens on 17 May 2020, 20:21, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

17 May 2020, 19:56

I'm asking why you're not doing this one current posts, not future posts, mate.

User avatar
andj00

17 May 2020, 19:56

jsahmiens wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:55
andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:52
//gainsborough wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:50
It’s true most people who’ve been “around the block,” as it were, definitely ask the seller about switches on eBay, but a lot of new people in the hobby won’t have a prior bad experience from which to think that asking the seller is that important. By replacing the switches in the 5140 you’ve altered the integrity of the original machine. You know as well as I do that 95% of the time someone buys a 5140 on eBay is for its switches, and you’re intentionally leaving out the fact that it doesn’t have the switches ppl are looking for out of, from what I can only guess is, fear that it won’t sell.

I take moral issue with that, personally. It’s be like buying a knife set where you’ve only seen pictures of the block, getting said knife set in the mail, pulling out a knife and realizing all the blades have been replaced with paper cut-outs.

Here’s maybe a better question: if you assume that people will ask for switch detail on eBay, why not disclose it on the product description anyway? You’ll just have to keep responding to the same messages every time.
This is noted and I will do that in my future postings. This is now my 3rd time saying this?
OK, then you can start with the apple IIc that you have for sale :D
Already done, go check.

User avatar
andj00

17 May 2020, 19:57

//gainsborough wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:56
I'm asking why you're not doing this one current posts, not future posts, mate.
All my current posts now reflect this.

User avatar
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

17 May 2020, 19:57

jsahmiens wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:55
OK, then you can start with the apple IIc that you have for sale :D
I don't have an apple IIc for sale. Do you have me confused with someone else?

User avatar
andj00

17 May 2020, 19:58

//gainsborough wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:57
jsahmiens wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:55
OK, then you can start with the apple IIc that you have for sale :D
I don't have an apple IIc for sale. Do you have me confused with someone else?
They were talking to me.

User avatar
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

17 May 2020, 19:58

gotcha.

forter4

17 May 2020, 20:02

//gainsborough wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:50
It’s true most people who’ve been “around the block,” as it were, definitely ask the seller about switches on eBay, but a lot of new people in the hobby won’t have a prior bad experience from which to think that asking the seller is that important. By replacing the switches in the 5140 you’ve altered the integrity of the original machine. You know as well as I do that 95% of the time someone buys a 5140 on eBay is for its switches, and you’re intentionally leaving out the fact that it doesn’t have the switches ppl are looking for out of, from what I can only guess is, fear that it won’t sell.

I take moral issue with that, personally. It’s be like buying a knife set where you’ve only seen pictures of the block, getting said knife set in the mail, pulling out a knife and realizing all the blades have been replaced with paper cut-outs.

Here’s maybe a better question: if you assume that people will ask for switch detail on eBay, why not disclose it on the product description anyway? You’ll just have to keep responding to the same messages every time.
Totally agree with you as I try to be as transparent as possible when selling things online. But I don't know, I find these things he did to be mistakes rather than genuinely trying to scam people

User avatar
andj00

17 May 2020, 20:07

forter4 wrote:
17 May 2020, 20:02
//gainsborough wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:50
It’s true most people who’ve been “around the block,” as it were, definitely ask the seller about switches on eBay, but a lot of new people in the hobby won’t have a prior bad experience from which to think that asking the seller is that important. By replacing the switches in the 5140 you’ve altered the integrity of the original machine. You know as well as I do that 95% of the time someone buys a 5140 on eBay is for its switches, and you’re intentionally leaving out the fact that it doesn’t have the switches ppl are looking for out of, from what I can only guess is, fear that it won’t sell.

I take moral issue with that, personally. It’s be like buying a knife set where you’ve only seen pictures of the block, getting said knife set in the mail, pulling out a knife and realizing all the blades have been replaced with paper cut-outs.

Here’s maybe a better question: if you assume that people will ask for switch detail on eBay, why not disclose it on the product description anyway? You’ll just have to keep responding to the same messages every time.
Totally agree with you as I try to be as transparent as possible when selling things online. But I don't know, I find these things he did to be mistakes rather than genuinely trying to scam people
Thank you for understanding. Either way, my current and future postings all and will take this into consideration.

jsahmiens

17 May 2020, 20:11

forter4 wrote:
17 May 2020, 20:02
//gainsborough wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:50
It’s true most people who’ve been “around the block,” as it were, definitely ask the seller about switches on eBay, but a lot of new people in the hobby won’t have a prior bad experience from which to think that asking the seller is that important. By replacing the switches in the 5140 you’ve altered the integrity of the original machine. You know as well as I do that 95% of the time someone buys a 5140 on eBay is for its switches, and you’re intentionally leaving out the fact that it doesn’t have the switches ppl are looking for out of, from what I can only guess is, fear that it won’t sell.

I take moral issue with that, personally. It’s be like buying a knife set where you’ve only seen pictures of the block, getting said knife set in the mail, pulling out a knife and realizing all the blades have been replaced with paper cut-outs.

Here’s maybe a better question: if you assume that people will ask for switch detail on eBay, why not disclose it on the product description anyway? You’ll just have to keep responding to the same messages every time.
Totally agree with you as I try to be as transparent as possible when selling things online. But I don't know, I find these things he did to be mistakes rather than genuinely trying to scam people
could you elaborate on why you think these were "mistakes"? I don't even know if andj00 himself would fully agree with you there, since he didn't refute any claims about him trying to swindle people and has since updated his postings to reflect the concerns people have voiced here

User avatar
andj00

17 May 2020, 20:13

jsahmiens wrote:
17 May 2020, 20:11
forter4 wrote:
17 May 2020, 20:02
//gainsborough wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:50
It’s true most people who’ve been “around the block,” as it were, definitely ask the seller about switches on eBay, but a lot of new people in the hobby won’t have a prior bad experience from which to think that asking the seller is that important. By replacing the switches in the 5140 you’ve altered the integrity of the original machine. You know as well as I do that 95% of the time someone buys a 5140 on eBay is for its switches, and you’re intentionally leaving out the fact that it doesn’t have the switches ppl are looking for out of, from what I can only guess is, fear that it won’t sell.

I take moral issue with that, personally. It’s be like buying a knife set where you’ve only seen pictures of the block, getting said knife set in the mail, pulling out a knife and realizing all the blades have been replaced with paper cut-outs.

Here’s maybe a better question: if you assume that people will ask for switch detail on eBay, why not disclose it on the product description anyway? You’ll just have to keep responding to the same messages every time.
Totally agree with you as I try to be as transparent as possible when selling things online. But I don't know, I find these things he did to be mistakes rather than genuinely trying to scam people
could you elaborate on why you think these were "mistakes"? I don't even know if andj00 himself would fully agree with you there, since he didn't refute any claims about him trying to swindle people and has since updated his postings to reflect the concerns people have voiced here
I agree they weren't as transparent as possible and have updated them in response.

It was more out of laziness than anything to be honest.

forter4

17 May 2020, 20:21

jsahmiens wrote:
17 May 2020, 20:11
forter4 wrote:
17 May 2020, 20:02
//gainsborough wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:50
It’s true most people who’ve been “around the block,” as it were, definitely ask the seller about switches on eBay, but a lot of new people in the hobby won’t have a prior bad experience from which to think that asking the seller is that important. By replacing the switches in the 5140 you’ve altered the integrity of the original machine. You know as well as I do that 95% of the time someone buys a 5140 on eBay is for its switches, and you’re intentionally leaving out the fact that it doesn’t have the switches ppl are looking for out of, from what I can only guess is, fear that it won’t sell.

I take moral issue with that, personally. It’s be like buying a knife set where you’ve only seen pictures of the block, getting said knife set in the mail, pulling out a knife and realizing all the blades have been replaced with paper cut-outs.

Here’s maybe a better question: if you assume that people will ask for switch detail on eBay, why not disclose it on the product description anyway? You’ll just have to keep responding to the same messages every time.
Totally agree with you as I try to be as transparent as possible when selling things online. But I don't know, I find these things he did to be mistakes rather than genuinely trying to scam people
could you elaborate on why you think these were "mistakes"? I don't even know if andj00 himself would fully agree with you there, since he didn't refute any claims about him trying to swindle people and has since updated his postings to reflect the concerns people have voiced here
^^

and to elaborate on my position...just in my experience at work, people can misinterpret a person's email so easily; that's why when having to communicate something that's either 1) very important and/or urgent or 2) something that is a bit of a difficult conversation, I like to do it over the phone

And everything I've seen, from the usage of the adjective "pristine" to the 5140, it seems like these were honest mistakes to me. If he were trying to scam people, he wouldn't have disclosed those things when people were reaching out to him. I've sold things online, and it is a bit tedious to try to think about everything you need to say and write it out.

User avatar
dogmantime

17 May 2020, 20:21

andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:51
Restored to working order in this case meant it didn't have a working keyboard until I gave it a working keyboard. So if someone tried it to use it, they could actually use it. However, I didn't have a power cable to plug in and test. Everyone here should always do their due diligence and inquire from the seller.
So again, how do you know it's in working order? Why not elaborate on the listing? Why does it have to be squeezed out of you like this? The onus of due diligence originates with the seller, especially with you in this situation as you are someone who is aware of the value of the switches, take some responsibility. The aforementioned listing description for anyone curious (note the "No Returns", lovely):
Image
andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:51
Well, in my opinion (which I'm entitled to) NOS / NIB means new, spotless untouched. Nowhere in my posts did I mention those acronyms anywhere.
That is not only your opinion but it is also fact, those terms do mean New ergo spotless, untouched etc. What does that have to do with your inaccurate descriptions of your items?
andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:51
If someone valued it at the price I posted then they valued it for that price. Don't know what to tell you. For future reference, how much would you sell that specific set of arabic alps for?
Frankly I'm still having trouble believing you sold them for that price, that is very surprising indeed. I hope whoever might have bought them is happy with what they paid for them when they arrive. Me? I would have conferred with others in the hobby first, and not assumed much more value beyond what they finished for at auction.

User avatar
andj00

17 May 2020, 20:29

dogmantime wrote:
17 May 2020, 20:21

So again, how do you know it's in working order? Why not elaborate on the listing? Why does it have to be squeezed out of you like this? The onus of due diligence originates with the seller, especially with you in this situation as you are someone who is aware of the value of the switches, take some responsibility. The aforementioned listing description for anyone curious (note the "No Returns", lovely):
How do I know? Because it was sold to me in working order (confirmed by the seller) without a power cable, I rendered the keyboard useless, making it not in working order, I then restored the keyboard to working condition, making the unit in working condition. But at the end of the day, I didn't have a power cable to test it out and rather than giving the word of the seller who claimed it worked, I said I could not confirm.
dogmantime wrote:
17 May 2020, 20:21

That is not only your opinion but it is also fact, those terms do mean New ergo spotless, untouched etc. What does that have to do with your inaccurate descriptions of your items?
Hmm, you told me I apply the word pristine to "new, untouched" items. Which I do not. That's what it has to do with. I apply the acronyms NOS,NIB for new untouched items.
dogmantime wrote:
17 May 2020, 20:21

Frankly I'm still having trouble believing you sold them for that price, that is very surprising indeed. I hope whoever might have bought them is happy with what they paid for them when they arrive. Me? I would have conferred with others in the hobby first, and not assumed much more value beyond what they finished for at auction.
No one is asking you to believe me, and I think it's funny you think I'm lying or something. So the community is here, let's confer, how much would someone sell those for? So I'll know for next time.

User avatar
dogmantime

17 May 2020, 21:00

andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 20:29
How do I know? Because it was sold to me in working order (confirmed by the seller) without a power cable, I rendered the keyboard useless, making it not in working order, I then restored the keyboard to working condition, making the unit in working condition. But at the end of the day, I didn't have a power cable to test it out and rather than giving the word of the seller who claimed it worked, I said I could not confirm.
I'm confused as to why you previously said you "gave it a working keyboard". It had a working keyboard you just replaced it to salvage the original switches and make some dosh, the act of which may have rendered the unit inoperable for all you know, as you have no way to test it. So saying "Restored to working order" in your listing is not only oddly self-congratulatory but also kind of just not true? The fact that you said you can't test it is just confusing having said the first part.
andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 20:29
Hmm, you told me I apply the word pristine to "new, untouched" items. Which I do not. That's what it has to do with. I apply the acronyms NOS,NIB for new untouched items.
You're just being silly now out of spite, you know what I meant don't be foolish. You were flagrant with the truth of your for sale items.
andj00 wrote:
17 May 2020, 20:29
No one is asking you to believe me, and I think it's funny you think I'm lying or something. So the community is here, let's confer, how much would someone sell those for? So I'll know for next time.
Whilst I do think your conduct thus far has been quite dishonest, I am not trying to suggest you are lying there, that would be conjecture. I'm merely expressing that I find it shocking a set of that calibre sold for anywhere near that price, calm your tits.

I just want to get down to the brass tacks here, going over these details is important for future reference, you don't quite seem to be understanding the issues and/or might be trying to weasel out of the appropriate questioning.

User avatar
andj00

17 May 2020, 21:06

dogmantime wrote:
17 May 2020, 21:00
I'm confused as to why you previously said you "gave it a working keyboard". It had a working keyboard you just replaced it to salvage the original switches and make some dosh, the act of which may have rendered the unit inoperable for all you know, as you have no way to test it. So saying "Restored to working order" in your listing is not only oddly self-congratulatory but also kind of just not true? The fact that you said you can't test it is just confusing having said the first part.
You're really pulling teeth here. I don't think I can clarify any more than I already have. You can try re-reading it for clarity.
dogmantime wrote:
17 May 2020, 21:00
You're just being silly now out of spite, you know what I meant don't be foolish. You were flagrant with the truth of your for sale items.
You told me I can't use the word pristine because it's meant for new, untouched items. I told you that's not true, because NOS/NIB is meant for new, untouched items. So you're wrong there.
dogmantime wrote:
17 May 2020, 21:00
Whilst I do think your conduct thus far has been quite dishonest, I am not trying to suggest you are lying there, that would be conjecture. I'm merely expressing that I find it shocking a set of that calibre sold for anywhere near that price, calm your tits.
Thanks for again clarifying you're SHOCKED it sold for that much. We get it.
dogmantime wrote:
17 May 2020, 21:00
I just want to get down to the brass tacks here, going over these details is important for future reference, you don't quite seem to be understanding the issues and/or might be trying to weasel out of the appropriate questioning.
I don't understand and I'm weaseling out? I disagree. I've replied to every person and made appropriate changes and clarified myself thoughtfully. You can disagree if you want.

User avatar
mcmaxmcmc

17 May 2020, 21:54

forter4 wrote:
17 May 2020, 19:15
mcmaxmcmc wrote:
17 May 2020, 02:28
forter4 wrote:
16 May 2020, 18:52


Well, other than him posting a lot, your criticism is unfounded
Well, other than the lack of prior knowledge and the backstory behind the whole ordeal, your comment is certainly an ignorant one.
no, I pretty much got the jist of it. I also noticed you didn't even bother to address my rebuttals at all
Read the 2 messages before this one. There's my rebuttal to you.

forter4

17 May 2020, 22:31

mcmaxmcmc wrote:
17 May 2020, 02:23
He also cleans them...that process is super tedious and time consuming
I doubt he did.
That analogy doesn't really apply at all. Men have 100% no reason to buy a pregnancy test whereas just about everyone on here would be interested in what he has to sell. Whether or not it's the right price is a different argument
It does, but it's in such a rare, obscure, and specific case that you can count as negligible. Same case here. While people might look and be interested in his items, they can trace that item back on eBay and see the obvious price markup, and be disgusted by it. Again, blatantly flipping.
Seems a little unnecessary. Probably the only thing you can maybe have a legitimate gripe about is him posting a multiple threads in a short time span
Well, clearly you've read the whole thread, but I guess you didn't know why I even bothered myself to criticize him. Hopefully I've cleared it up since then.
My fault...I definitely missed this

first point...don't think I really need to address that one

second point...rare case? rare case that a man get pregnant? I know you didn't specifically say it, but any reasonable person would understand that you were trying to make an analogy where you were implying that men wouldn't need to buy a pregnancy test because they can't get pregnant. So, nope, the analogy doesn't stand

third point...it's not about your criticizing him...it's HOW you criticized him. Sure you claim to be civil, but again, any reasonable person can understand the subtext in your initial criticisms as being unnecessarily pointed and sarcastic. Was the price point of his amber alps a bit high? Sure...but in your initial post, you come off as a know-it-all gate-keeper

I have no issues with you criticizing anyone, but the initial tone was unnecessary. Instead of saying, "Also, these prices are hilarious, but unfortunately, the comedy has turned stale now... you might wanna give something a change," a simple "oh also, your prices might be a bit high. You might have better luck selling them if you lower them a bit"

Post Reply

Return to “For sale”