[WTS] Cherry G80-0777H/7

UnLuky

14 Jun 2020, 11:28

Hi
Few years ago, I saved a vintage Cherry G80-0777H/7 keyboard from being throwng away at my summer job place. Now I consider selling it and building a custom keyboard, but I have no idea what it might be worth. The board should have vintage cherry black swithes and doubleshot keycaps. The case and the keycaps are cleaned as well as a bit of a dust and dirt removal from the pcb. The only thing I didnt clean was the cable. The board works fine. I dont want to sell it to someone who is going to harvest it for switches and keycaps.

As I don`t really know what it migh be worth I am looking for offers (+ shipping from Czech Republic).
Thanks for viewing my post!
Attachments
*pic of the board* the z and y are now in their original position
*pic of the board* the z and y are now in their original position
104433802_1457736571081340_8652245693756019449_n.jpg (188.47 KiB) Viewed 3400 times
Last edited by UnLuky on 14 Jun 2020, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.

Damonskv

14 Jun 2020, 11:50

Pm’d

benredikfyfasan

16 Jun 2020, 17:00

Pm'd!

Sturmtiger001

16 Jun 2020, 18:52

Wow, that board looks nice!

UnLuky

16 Jun 2020, 19:02

Sturmtiger001 wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 18:52
Wow, that board looks nice!
Thank you!

AdrianMan

16 Jun 2020, 19:52

What's an estimate value ? Or how much did people offer ?

UnLuky

16 Jun 2020, 21:15

AdrianMan wrote:
That is exectly my problem... I do not know how much the keyboard is actually worth. I tried posting it up for a price check, but with 450 views and groing nobody gave me an estimate yet and I have not seen it sold anywhere for reference.
I got offers around 150 dollars.

Myoth

16 Jun 2020, 21:21

UnLuky wrote:
AdrianMan wrote:
That is exectly my problem... I do not know how much the keyboard is actually worth. I tried posting it up for a price check, but with 450 views and groing nobody gave me an estimate yet and I have not seen it sold anywhere for reference.
it's never worth more than what people are willing to pay for it. ~150usd is the pricetag I would put on it as well, it's not a crazy board, but it's still worth more than your average vintage black board for its rarity

UnLuky

17 Jun 2020, 06:05

ntv242 wrote:
17 Jun 2020, 00:03
UnLuky wrote:
AdrianMan wrote:
Ha because people are also scared to give you an estimate and it turns out to be less than market value. Vintage keyboarding is hard my man.
I couldnt agree more, I get that people are affraid to lowball on the estimate but it would be as rough as somebody overestimating the keyboard by a lot.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

17 Jun 2020, 07:40

Even if in your price check thread I said I couldn't give an estimate,
I would concur that particularly given its US layout, a $150 price tag seems reasonable.for your keyboard.

photekq
Cherry Picker

17 Jun 2020, 19:40

UnLuky wrote:
AdrianMan wrote:
This specific model is particularly hard to give an estimate on. It's quite rare, you don't see these come up very often. However, it's not a particularly sought after model, given the strange layout and low "usability".

It pains me to say it, but these days original Cherry G80 keyboards are mostly valued for their switches and keycaps, which are often removed for use in modern metal custom keyboards. Models with strange layouts like this one don't tend to be worth a lot for that reason.

I think $150 seems fair, although like I said; it's hard to say for certain. Also, I'm saying "$150 seems fair" with the assumption that the keycaps are mint. In your photos, the keyboard looks to be in good condition, but the keycap condition is unclear. While there are no marks/damages, it's possible some texture has been lost through usage. If there's any loss of texture or shine, that will change the value.

UnLuky

17 Jun 2020, 23:43

photekq wrote:
17 Jun 2020, 19:40
UnLuky wrote:
AdrianMan wrote:
This specific model is particularly hard to give an estimate on. It's quite rare, you don't see these come up very often. However, it's not a particularly sought after model, given the strange layout and low "usability".

It pains me to say it, but these days original Cherry G80 keyboards are mostly valued for their switches and keycaps, which are often removed for use in modern metal custom keyboards. Models with strange layouts like this one don't tend to be worth a lot for that reason.

I think $150 seems fair, although like I said; it's hard to say for certain. Also, I'm saying "$150 seems fair" with the assumption that the keycaps are mint. In your photos, the keyboard looks to be in good condition, but the keycap condition is unclear. While there are no marks/damages, it's possible some texture has been lost through usage. If there's any loss of texture or shine, that will change the value.
)
Thank you for your comment! The keycaps seem to be in a very good condition considering its age, but on the other hand, I am by no means keycap expert to feel out things like loss in texture. Every comment like this helps me a lot!

Return to “For sale”