60% Alps PCBs (USB-C, VIA Support, Factory Soldered Diodes) + 60% FR4 Plates (AEK+TaiHao)

KeebMeUp

17 Jan 2021, 20:23

Hey All,

KeebMeUp.com is now stocking 60% Alps PCBs + FR4 Plates (AEK ANSI + TaiHao ANSI Layouts)

Purchase Link (PCBs): https://keebmeup.com/index.php?id_produ ... e_needed_0

Purchase Link (AEK ANSI FR4 Plates): https://keebmeup.com/index.php?id_produ ... er=product

Purchase Link (TaiHao ANSI FR4 Plates): https://keebmeup.com/index.php?id_produ ... er=product

-------

Just solder in your own switches, install VIA on your computer & adjust your layout to your liking!

Ships with factory soldered diodes and VIA firmware, no flashing required to change layouts!

Fits any GH60 Compatible 60% aftermarket case!

Note: This PCB only supports Alps switches.

Features:
  • USB-C
  • VIA Support
  • RGB Underglow
  • N-Key Rollover
  • Flex Cut
  • Pre-Installed Reset Switch
  • Pre-Installed JST Connector
  • Split Spacebar Support
Compatible with the following layouts:
  • AEK ANSI
  • TaiHao ANSI & ISO
  • BAE
  • Focus
  • WKL ANSI (Dell, SGI, etc.)
  • Canon Typewriters
  • DCS Alps
  • HHKB
  • Tsangan
  • & Many More!!! (see Photo)
Stabilizer Support:
  • MX PCB Screw-In
  • Alps/Matias
  • Costar
----
Acknowledgements / Links:

This is a modified version of the Steezy60 Alps Edition which was designed by 4pplet (https://github.com/4pplet/Steezy60)

Steezy60 License: https://github.com/4pplet/Steezy60/blob ... LICENCE.md

KeebMeUp Revision Github Link (https://github.com/keebmeup/Steezy60-ALPS)
Last edited by KeebMeUp on 07 Jun 2021, 01:44, edited 6 times in total.

ZedTheMan

18 Jan 2021, 08:50

Despite any reputation you might have, I must give credit where it is due, this does appear to have many different options for compatibility with different keycap and stabilizer layouts, in a way that I have not seen much before.

Maybe once I have finished my other projects I could see myself getting something like this. The product seems good. I'm just thankful I'm not in a position where I have to determine if it is worth it to me to purchase...

Myoth

18 Jan 2021, 09:06

ZedTheMan wrote:
Despite any reputation you might have, I must give credit where it is due, this does appear to have many different options for compatibility with different keycap and stabilizer layouts, in a way that I have not seen much before.

Maybe once I have finished my other projects I could see myself getting something like this. The product seems good. I'm just thankful I'm not in a position where I have to determine if it is worth it to me to purchase...
my man, I'm happy to tell you that no credit is due here, this PCB was made by Evyd13, our good friend here simply used it, slapped his logo on, and put it up for sale.

in fact, he did not even read the license and quite badly infringed it before getting a reminder that you should comply to it. else it is considered theft :)

support the actual creator here : https://github.com/evyd13/plain60-alps-edition

files are open-source and you won't have to pay the keebmeup tax ;)

bit-shifter

18 Jan 2021, 10:41

For anyone in the EU, please contact Evy direct at https://anykeys.eu.

Plain60 Alps edition is currently out of stock, but I'm sure another run will be forthcoming.

https://anykeys.eu/product/plain60-alps-edition-rev2/

ZedTheMan

18 Jan 2021, 19:47

Myoth wrote:
ZedTheMan wrote:

my man, I'm happy to tell you that no credit is due here, this PCB was made by Evyd13, our good friend here simply used it, slapped his logo on, and put it up for sale.

in fact, he did not even read the license and quite badly infringed it before getting a reminder that you should comply to it. else it is considered theft :)

support the actual creator here : https://github.com/evyd13/plain60-alps-edition

I saw that, but does that version support the BAE layout?
From what I can see this revision is unique in supporting that?
Not doubting, I just would like some clarification on this fact since it looked like this version had wider layout support.

As for licensing issues, fair enough, though I'm not knowledgeable on the subject myself.

Myoth

18 Jan 2021, 20:25

ZedTheMan wrote:
Myoth wrote:
ZedTheMan wrote:

Not doubting, I just would like some clarification on this fact since it looked like this version had wider layout support.

As for licensing issues, fair enough, though I'm not knowledgeable on the subject myself.
BAE is, AFAIK, not any different as ANSI as far as switches go, most of what goes into the BAE layout is a plate that is designed to acustom for the peculiar stab present on your BAE *for most cases*. adding it to the chart is mostly for "clarification purpose"

however, it's quite ironic that he mentions it without offering any BAE plate (because of the problem I mentioned earlier) ... which results in the PCB not being any more compatible than Evy's :lol:

better be careful around this snake

KeebMeUp

18 Jan 2021, 20:30

Myoth wrote:
Yes, be careful! :lol:

ZedTheMan

18 Jan 2021, 20:58

Myoth wrote:
ZedTheMan wrote:
Myoth wrote:

BAE is, AFAIK, not any different as ANSI as far as switches go, most of what goes into the BAE layout is a plate that is designed to acustom for the peculiar stab present on your BAE *for most cases*. adding it to the chart is mostly for "clarification purpose"

however, it's quite ironic that he mentions it without offering any BAE plate (because of the problem I mentioned earlier) ... which results in the PCB not being any more compatible than Evy's :lol:

Ye, I know the history around 'em. Good spotting, I had forgotten how the BAE support largely revolves around the plates, was not my strongest morning for keyboard logics. Evy's better option then, I reckon.

A disclaimer: I haven't tried them both, there might still be differences allowing for compatibility, or not. Frankly I don't know why I responded to this ad in the first place, it's not my forte.

KeebMeUp

23 Jan 2021, 20:36

headphone_jack

25 Jan 2021, 19:28

Myoth wrote:
ZedTheMan wrote:

How can he infringe a licensing agreement if it's open source? The designer themselves actually said they don't mind people selling their PCBs for a profit. Whatever you think of this, he is clear of any licensing or legal issues.

Myoth

25 Jan 2021, 20:14

headphone_jack wrote:
Myoth wrote:
ZedTheMan wrote:

How can he infringe a licensing agreement if it's open source? The designer themselves actually said they don't mind people selling their PCBs for a profit. Whatever you think of this, he is clear of any licensing or legal issues.
that is immensely dumb, but I know you're serious so let me tell you how

"Open-Source" is a buzzword by now, nothing is open-source because everything uses some kind of license, even FOSS use some kind of license, as a ruleset of what's allowed and not :

to cut short of the misunderstanding, protective in this case means you have LOTS of obligations to KEEP it FOSS, whereas permissive means you can do anything with what you're given.

now to get back on topic, I never said profit wasn't allowed. I said he infringed the license, which is CC-BY-SA. (https://github.com/evyd13/plain60-alps- ... er/LICENSE)

if you look at what's allowed, you'll see that commercial use is checked, but so is attribution. which is the part that wasn't done. my point still stands, please support the original creator, you won't have to pay the keebmeup tax :)

KeebMeUp

25 Jan 2021, 20:32

Myoth wrote:
you won't have to pay the keebmeup tax :)

headphone_jack

Myoth wrote:
headphone_jack wrote:
Myoth wrote:

"Open-Source" is a buzzword by now, nothing is open-source because everything uses some kind of license, even FOSS use some kind of license, as a ruleset of what's allowed and not :

to cut short of the misunderstanding, protective in this case means you have LOTS of obligations to KEEP it FOSS, whereas permissive means you can do anything with what you're given.

now to get back on topic, I never said profit wasn't allowed. I said he infringed the license, which is CC-BY-SA. (https://github.com/evyd13/plain60-alps- ... er/LICENSE)

if you look at what's allowed, you'll see that commercial use is checked, but so is attribution. which is the part that wasn't done. my point still stands, please support the original creator, you won't have to pay the keebmeup tax :)
He did attribute it though. The listing on his website links to the original github repo, as well as gives credit to the designer.

forter4

25 Jan 2021, 20:36

Myoth wrote:
headphone_jack wrote:

Ok first off, do you need to be such a dick when responding to people? Is that how you talk to people in person?
Myoth wrote:

Secondly, I believe the designer himself is getting out of the hobby and won't be making any more. And lastly, as far as I can tell, keebmeup did not remove any of the markings from the pcb; and when this thread was first posted, I'm fairly certain I saw this disclaimer up.

If you're going to hate on someone, at least do your due diligence and ensure that what you're saying is factually correct

Also, what keebmeup tax? You ever stop to think that there are people out there that don't want to make their own PCBs and do all the soldering?

Myoth

25 Jan 2021, 20:39

headphone_jack wrote:
He did attribute it though. The listing on his website links to the original github repo, as well as gives credit to the designer.
Ever heard of something such as the past ? He didn't have such attribution until I noticed it, told the designer which then had andj00 comply with the license. Still leaves the fact that the man didn't pay much attention to the original page. Worse, he even had to download the license, but ignored it.
Screenshot_211.png
Screenshot_211.png (65.91 KiB) Viewed 6928 times

KeebMeUp

25 Jan 2021, 20:45

Myoth wrote:
Still leaves the fact that the man didn't pay much attention to the original page. Worse, he even had to download the license, but ignored it.
Yeah I'm evil and have bad intentions. :evilgeek: I could post my conversation with the designer, but I'm sure I don't need to since you're probably aware of how that conversation went.

:roll: Also, since you're so connected to this project, how come you are misinforming folks and neglected to mention the designer is leaving the hobby and has no more plans to sell Alps Plain60 edition?

headphone_jack

25 Jan 2021, 20:53

Myoth wrote:
headphone_jack wrote:
Ever heard of something such as the past ? He didn't have such attribution until I noticed it, told the designer which then had andj00 comply with the license. Still leaves the fact that the man didn't pay much attention to the original page. Worse, he even had to download the license, but ignored it.

Screenshot_211.png
...so he's still complying with the license? I see no issue here then. He is clearly following the license agreement, regardless of how it was in the past. No basis for legal issues here.

Myoth

25 Jan 2021, 21:04

forter4 wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 20:36
Secondly, I believe the designer himself is getting out of the hobby and won't be making any more. And lastly, as far as I can tell, keebmeup did not remove any of the markings from the pcb; and when this thread was first posted, I'm fairly certain I saw this disclaimer up.
Spoiler:
If you're going to hate on someone, at least do your due diligence and ensure that what you're saying is factually correct

Also, what keebmeup tax? You ever stop to think that there are people out there that don't want to make their own PCBs and do all the soldering?
the disclaimer is not enough as per the site of the license itself : https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
Screenshot_212.png
Screenshot_212.png (78.52 KiB) Viewed 6904 times
what keebmeup tax ? the one that adds something like 20usd to the price of the exact same PCB, just maybe ? https://anykeys.eu/product/plain60-alps-edition-rev2/

for someone that's trying hard to "ensure that what you're saying is factually correct", please at least take a look at the PCB picture on the github page and notice that you don't have to do any more soldering than you would with andj00's PCB, it's the very least you could do before spewing dross
KeebMeUp wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 20:45
:roll: Also, since you're so connected to this project, how come you are misinforming folks and neglected to mention the designer is leaving the hobby and has no more plans to sell Alps Plain60 edition?
Spoiler:
I didn't, I always linked the github because that's the place to go to get the files and make your own PCB :)

Myoth

25 Jan 2021, 21:06

headphone_jack wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 20:53
Myoth wrote:
headphone_jack wrote:

Screenshot_211.png
...so he's still complying with the license? I see no issue here then. He is clearly following the license agreement, regardless of how it was in the past. No basis for legal issues here.
doesn't change the fact that he infringed it ? what's your point

KeebMeUp

25 Jan 2021, 21:12

Myoth wrote:

what keebmeup tax ? the one that adds something like 20usd to the price of the exact same PCB, just maybe ? https://anykeys.eu/product/plain60-alps-edition-rev2/
Ah yes, totally forgot that shipping is included with those and that they sure ship quickly to US customers. Totally not misleading. :?
Myoth wrote:

I didn't, I always linked the github because that's the place to go to get the files and make your own PCB :)

Yup, people do have the option to do this! :lol:

Myoth

25 Jan 2021, 21:33

KeebMeUp wrote:
Myoth wrote:

Ah yes, totally forgot that shipping is included with those and that they sure ship quickly to US customers. Totally not misleading. :?
I'll give you the shipping thing, no idea how much it costs.
KeebMeUp wrote:
Spoiler:
Yup, people do have the option to do this! :lol:
"Totally not misleading." ? what's misleading is how much of a non-problem your shitty meme picture is. the BOM being available makes it as easy as checking a box to assemble the PCB as to have it all ready. you're such an actual wankstain, it's unfathomable how anyone can tolerate you, the bad faith you're making light of is genuinely disgusting

I fucking dare you to prove to me you had to solder the diodes and USB ports yourself.

KeebMeUp

25 Jan 2021, 21:40

Myoth wrote:
I'll give you the shipping thing, no idea how much it costs.
Noted. :D
Myoth wrote:

the BOM being available makes it as easy as checking a box to assemble the PCB as to have it all ready.
Yup, real easy! And super cheap and time effective to produce a single PCB! ;)
Myoth wrote:

you're such an actual wankstain, it's unfathomable how anyone can tolerate you, the bad faith you're making light of is genuinely disgusting
:lol:
Myoth wrote:

I fucking dare you to prove to me you had to solder the diodes and USB ports yourself.

Okay bud. :P

Myoth

25 Jan 2021, 21:48

KeebMeUp wrote:
Yup, real easy! And super cheap and time effective to produce a single PCB! ;)
I'd rather save money and put a little effort (resell the unneeded PCBs) than pay 20usd more but I guess your whole business is constructed around selling to people who have more money than brain :mrgreen:
KeebMeUp wrote:

Okay bud. :P
then what was your point to bring this up ?

forter4

Myoth wrote:

the disclaimer is not enough as per the site of the license itself : https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
Screenshot_212.png
So genuinely asking, what are they missing? They supplied the following:
  • title of the material/pcb
    name of the creator
    A license notice and link
    link to the material
for someone that's trying hard to "ensure that what you're saying is factually correct", please at least take a look at the PCB picture on the github page and notice that you don't have to do any more soldering than you would with andj00's PCB, it's the very least you could do before spewing dross
That wasn't my point to compare soldering between keebmeup's and the original
Andj already responded to this...but yea, he's charging $15 more to account for shipping, other logistics, fees, and other expenses, which could be completely different from anykeys.eu. But if you think it's too much, then don't buy it; beauty of capitalism

So essentially, my beef is that you're trying to paint keebmeup as some sort of shady or greedy operation when he actually thought he covered off on the creative commons attribution, but just just wasn't aware of all of the requirements of attribution. Again, just because Andj and headphone jack didn't know the requirements doesn't make them dumb and you don't have to be a gigantic dick about it. And it certainly doesn't make him shady.

KeebMeUp

25 Jan 2021, 21:52

Myoth wrote:

I'd rather save money and put a little effort (resell the unneeded PCBs) than pay 20usd more
You do you, bud.
Myoth wrote:
but I guess your whole business is constructed around selling to people who have more money than brain :mrgreen:
One day you will learn that time = money.
Myoth wrote:
Here's my point: I'd love for you to get a quote on a SINGLE (Re: Not buying 5 and re-selling) fully factory assembled (factory soldered diodes + factory soldered USB-C port) Plain60 Alps PCB (Reminder, Quantity: 1). Remember to include shipping to the USA, taxes, conversions, etc.

You can submit your result here.
Last edited by KeebMeUp on 25 Jan 2021, 22:05, edited 2 times in total.

forter4

25 Jan 2021, 21:54

Myoth wrote:
I'd rather save money and put a little effort (resell the unneeded PCBs) than pay 20usd more but I guess your whole business is constructed around selling to people who have more money than brain :mrgreen:
lol seriously, how old are you? There you go again thinking you're better than everyone because you know how to do something that other people don't. You ever stop to think the following?
  • Maybe they know how, but they'd rather spend their free time doing something else?
    Or maybe they don't know how, and don't have the time to learn
    Or maybe they don't know how, and this particular skillset is beyond them. That's ok too; everyone has different strengths
But yes...you're smarter than them because you choose to do it yourself

Myoth

26 Jan 2021, 01:00

forter4 wrote:
Myoth wrote:

Screenshot_212.png
So genuinely asking, what are they missing? They supplied the following:
  • title of the material/pcb
    name of the creator
    A license notice and link
    link to the material
That wasn't my point to compare soldering between keebmeup's and the original
Andj already responded to this...but yea, he's charging $15 more to account for shipping, other logistics, fees, and other expenses, which could be completely different from anykeys.eu. But if you think it's too much, then don't buy it; beauty of capitalism

So essentially, my beef is that you're trying to paint keebmeup as some sort of shady or greedy operation when he actually thought he covered off on the creative commons attribution, but just just wasn't aware of all of the requirements of attribution. Again, just because Andj and headphone jack didn't know the requirements doesn't make them dumb and you don't have to be a gigantic dick about it. And it certainly doesn't make him shady.
I already responded to your first comment, so I'll skip it. your second point is still incomprehensible to me.

I'm not going to buy it, for multiple reasons, I'm offering a cheaper alternative to people that are willing to put the effort into getting such an opportunity. and stop pitying andj00 for the love of God, if you see the same pcb for sale, no matter what vendor it comes from, the cost of manufacturing is the same, the different conditions for any keys.eu or keebmeup don't exist, they're the exact same ones. which is why when I learnt about shipping, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. then again Hasu from Japan ships similar pcbs for 8usd soo...

I'm not trying to paint him as such, he's earned enough of a reputation to paint himself as such a persona already, I'm merely confirming it. andj00 is a snake and I'm barely convincing myself that it's an honest mistake. as for headphone_jack, coming in a thread with little to no information just warrants a reply such as mine. mind you, I didn't insult him I told him what he said was dumb and explained him why, I think I could've done a much better job of being a dick
KeebMeUp wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 21:52
Myoth wrote:
Here's my point: I'd love for you to get a quote on a SINGLE (Re: Not buying 5 and re-selling) fully factory assembled (factory soldered diodes + factory soldered USB-C port) Plain60 Alps PCB (Reminder, Quantity: 1). Remember to include shipping to the USA, taxes, conversions, etc.

adding arbitrary rules doesn't make you right, it just makes you biased. and don't make it seem like you're selling at cost. making a small amount of pcbs is not hard and is barely time consuming if you plan ahead. get people to commit, order, ship. simple as
forter4 wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 21:54
Myoth wrote:
lol seriously, how old are you? There you go again thinking you're better than everyone because you know how to do something that other people don't. You ever stop to think the following?
  • Maybe they know how, but they'd rather spend their free time doing something else?
    Or maybe they don't know how, and don't have the time to learn
    Or maybe they don't know how, and this particular skillset is beyond them. That's ok too; everyone has different strengths
But yes...you're smarter than them because you choose to do it yourself
never once did I said I was better, I was belittling people who aren't willing to put any effort/time into what they're trying to achieve. I know people who love the hobby and are deeply interested in it, yet have busy lives, they delay their builds for multiple months because they don't have the time. I'm willing to commend those people rather than the consumers who mindlessly buy from people when they could possibly learn something new from searching for a cheaper/better alternative and make like-minded people profit from their learnings. that's...
how a community is born, not by brainless consumerism

KeebMeUp

26 Jan 2021, 01:51

Myoth wrote:
adding arbitrary rules doesn't make you right, it just makes you biased. and don't make it seem like you're selling at cost. making a small amount of pcbs is not hard and is barely time consuming if you plan ahead. get people to commit, order, ship. simple as
And there you have it folks! Easy as pie.

shallot

30 Jan 2021, 10:45

imagine your blind hatred for a guy wrapping you up into rhetorical spiderweb to the point that you can't understand that average joe who wants to build an alps custom doesn't want to order 5 PCBs from jlcpcb (for more money, that they then have to shift 4 of) for some mythical ethics points.

building it yourself off a github repo isn't supporting the original creator any more than buying off andj is lmfao, unless you're making a bank transfer to evyd13 at the same time you're paying jlcpcb for 4 more PCBs than you actually need...

what this thread, and others like it, boil down to is "how dare man make money off thing i like" - if you don't like the system maybe idk join a communist party or something instead of shouting at one man on the internet

zrrion

30 Jan 2021, 18:48

if you don't like the system maybe idk join a communist party or something instead of shouting at one man on the internet
>implying any reasonable adult wouldn't already be a communist

And for anyone wondering, you could get an FR4 plate and this PCB for what andj00 is charging if you organized a mini-group buy for it. (or bought extras from someone who did organize such a thing) You wouldn't have included shipping, but you'd have shipping for the plate anyway if you bought this PCB and got the plate separate and this way you're one part closer to having the build.

Return to “For sale”