60% Alps PCBs (USB-C, VIA Support, Factory Soldered Diodes) + 60% FR4 Plates (AEK+TaiHao)

KeebMeUp

30 Jan 2021, 19:41

zrrion wrote:
30 Jan 2021, 18:48
And for anyone wondering, you could get an FR4 plate and this PCB for what andj00 is charging if you organized a mini-group buy for it. (or bought extras from someone who did organize such a thing) You wouldn't have included shipping, but you'd have shipping for the plate anyway if you bought this PCB and got the plate separate and this way you're one part closer to having the build.

shallot

30 Jan 2021, 19:54

so, i decided to go game this out to see if it was as easy and cheap as youse were all making out - and it's not at all that. you're all conveniently missing the stage where you have to take a BOM that's just a table in a markdown file and turn that into a BOM that a PCB manufacturer will take and also placement files to get your components soldered in the right places - i am obviously not going to spend time doing this cause i'm not actually in the market for a PCB but pretending that this is like "hey mate download a zip file and press go it's easy" just isn't true at all.

so yeah i don't doubt you could get something cheaper if you do a bunch of legwork yourself but i could make my own clothes for cheaper than i could buy them in a store, but i don't do that because i don't have the skills or the time to do it. this seems like a similar situation. maybe this product is not for you, but i am still failing to see why this is such an affront to all of your sensibilities. could it be cause you all have a hateboner for andj?

personally, i can't wait for a state-owned enterprise to churn out keyboard parts for me after the revolution but until then, dogpiling on someone providing a service for people less able than you to go do it themselves seems like gatekeeping the hobby to me.

shallot

30 Jan 2021, 20:06

zrrion wrote:
if you don't like the system maybe idk join a communist party or something instead of shouting at one man on the internet
>implying any reasonable adult wouldn't already be a communist

And for anyone wondering, you could get an FR4 plate and this PCB for what andj00 is charging if you organized a mini-group buy for it. (or bought extras from someone who did organize such a thing) You wouldn't have included shipping, but you'd have shipping for the plate anyway if you bought this PCB and got the plate separate and this way you're one part closer to having the build.
i also read this as "you could pay the same amount and do lots more legwork for no particular reason other than i don't like the person who's selling it to you and i don't think you should either"

zrrion

31 Jan 2021, 02:53

Who said I don't like them? They're a terrible vendor IMO, but when they actually talk about use and enjoyment of keyboards they're cool. You shouldn't buy it because its a bad value.

shallot

31 Jan 2021, 03:56

zrrion wrote:
And for anyone wondering, you could get an FR4 plate and this PCB for what andj00 is charging if you organized a mini-group buy for it.
How does this pan out to andj's listing being a bad value? Based off what you said, sounds like to me the alternative is paying the same amount and doing a bunch of work finding 4 other people and faffing around with PCB manufacturers yourself.

KeebMeUp

31 Jan 2021, 05:15

zrrion wrote:
31 Jan 2021, 02:53
They're a terrible vendor IMO
And you are a terrible moderator IMO. :lol:

KeebMeUp

01 Feb 2021, 18:26

Update: AEK Plates now back in stock! (links & images added for FR4 AEK + TaiHao Alps Plates)

thanks to everyone for the support!

KeebMeUp

13 Feb 2021, 18:04

Bump!

KeebMeUp

20 Feb 2021, 17:14

Bump!

KeebMeUp

16 Mar 2021, 17:26

bump!

KeebMeUp

01 Apr 2021, 05:07

bump - AEK Plates back in stock and now revised for universal support across both AEK and Matias stabilizers (even on right shift!)

KeebMeUp

07 Jun 2021, 01:40

Bump - Revised PCBs stocked!

KeebMeUp

16 Jun 2021, 17:29

New plate added for DCS Alps from SP with Cherry Stabilizer support.

https://keebmeup.com/index.php?id_produ ... er=product

KeebMeUp

16 Aug 2021, 02:02

New plate added for WKL Alps layouts (SGI, Dell, etc)

m_raggie

16 Aug 2021, 02:24

KeebMeUp wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 02:02
New plate added for WKL Alps layouts (SGI, Dell, etc)

Thanks for making this it was exactly what I needed for my build.

Any consideration for TKL PCB and Plates for the future?

KeebMeUp

16 Aug 2021, 03:34

m_raggie wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 02:24

Thanks for making this it was exactly what I needed for my build.

Any consideration for TKL PCB and Plates for the future?
Yes, definitely! Lots of fun stuff coming in the future, please consider joining our community of 400+ members to stay on top of product releases, discord invitation linked here: https://discord.gg/yMXHpG9chC

Return to “For sale”