[WTS] Ascaii's collection

User avatar
wadeak78

21 Apr 2021, 18:04

PM'd

HalfSlav

22 Apr 2021, 09:38

PMing

VexSolar

22 Apr 2021, 15:24

PM’d

Jan Pospisil

23 Apr 2021, 10:29

I just want to confirm that I have received the package of the keyboard objects I ordered and they were goodly working keyboard objects in good shape.
:)

inozenz

24 Apr 2021, 00:57

Jan Pospisil wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 10:29
I just want to confirm that I have received the package of the keyboard objects I ordered and they were goodly working keyboard objects in good shape.
:)
Same😁

User avatar
Ascaii
The Beard

24 Apr 2021, 20:43

Shipped out a TON of stuff today. If you are leading on an item and havent heard from me yet about closing the bid, please reach out to me. Might have missed it in the ton of mails and messages.

User avatar
XMIT
[ XMIT ]

25 Apr 2021, 02:04

PM incoming for kicks. Glad the sales are going well!

rodtang

28 Apr 2021, 22:18

Nice to see a familiar face!

Tempted to finally pick up a G80-1800 but I haven't even used my computer for nearly 7 years new (jeez time flies 😬) so it's hard to justify 🙃

User avatar
Bjerrk

28 Apr 2021, 23:32

rodtang wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 22:18
but I haven't even used my computer for nearly 7 years
This is the stuff of nightmares.

User avatar
Palatino

29 Apr 2021, 00:18

rodtang wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 22:18
but I haven't even used my computer for nearly 7 years
So... what typewriter do you have? :P

User avatar
Muirium
µ

29 Apr 2021, 00:42

Dear InterNet,

Alas !

I know it has been a whiLe since we were on speaking terms.   The paper calenders I use to tell the date now l̶i̶t̶e̶r̶ littter my desk like yesterdays' c̶o̶v̶f̶e̶f̶e̶ c̶o̶n̶f̶r̶e̶t̶i̶ tractor feed.  As do the reference books--notable and authoritative- -I use to find the  nottable and  authorly information I seek :- instead of you.    Have you ever read an e̶n̶c̶l̶ ̶e̶n̶c̶y̶l̶c̶ ̶e̶n̶y̶c̶ a dictionary ?   Would you even know were too begin ?   I dont believe you do.

Why then do I re-turn from my blessed  sanctuary of the electronic dessert isle ?  Well,  typewriter ribb̶onns are becomming hard to  scource.    It is with no small irony that  1 find myself compelled to use you  1ce again simply just to turn my back on you  1nce  more.  Do not mistake my presense for interest.   It is, as we say :— s̶t̶r̶c̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶e̶c̶t̶r̶i̶c̶.

Yours,
ZXCVBNM

rodtang

29 Apr 2021, 08:25

Bjerrk wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 23:32
This is the stuff of nightmares.
It's not that bad, sure was nice not lugging a computer around with me around the world. And now I'm used to doing everything on my phone, and that's gotten a lot easier than when I started on my Sony Ericsson Xperia active.
Palatino wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 00:18
So... what typewriter do you have? :P
I wish I was that hardcore. I just let gboard and autocorrect do all my typing these days :roll:

User avatar
Ascaii
The Beard

29 Apr 2021, 17:09

Did someone say typewriter? I actually have a bunch more I didnt post yet. :roll: :|

User avatar
Ascaii
The Beard

03 May 2021, 18:47

Lots of things sold and shipped. Grab a deal now before its too late :)

User avatar
XMIT
[ XMIT ]

04 May 2021, 01:48

Free bump for an extremely reasonable seller and an old forum friend. Get some good discounts while you can!

User avatar
Bjerrk

05 May 2021, 10:48

Hi Ascaii,
what are your thoughts on the Loewe keyboard? What are the switches like - any good? It looks cool, in any case. (Well, in its own case, actually, ahem ... )

inozenz

05 May 2021, 11:26

Bjerrk wrote:
05 May 2021, 10:48
Hi Ascaii,
what are your thoughts on the Loewe keyboard? What are the switches like - any good? It looks cool, in any case. (Well, in its own case, actually, ahem ... )
I have a Loewe aswell, the key press is short, like surprisingly short, but very sharp. The tactility is pleasing.

inozenz

05 May 2021, 11:27

inozenz wrote:
05 May 2021, 11:26
Bjerrk wrote:
05 May 2021, 10:48
Hi Ascaii,
what are your thoughts on the Loewe keyboard? What are the switches like - any good? It looks cool, in any case. (Well, in its own case, actually, ahem ... )
I have a Loewe aswell, the key press is short, like surprisingly short, but very sharp. The tactility is pleasing and smooth.

User avatar
Bjerrk

Today, 09:22

Ascaii wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 18:06
...
inozenz wrote:
05 May 2021, 11:26
I have a Loewe aswell, the key press is short, like surprisingly short, but very sharp. The tactility is pleasing.
Good to hear! Have any of you successfully converted it for use on a PC?

inozenz

Today, 09:48

Bjerrk wrote:
Today, 09:22
Ascaii wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 18:06
...
inozenz wrote:
05 May 2021, 11:26
I have a Loewe aswell, the key press is short, like surprisingly short, but very sharp. The tactility is pleasing.
Good to hear! Have any of you successfully converted it for use on a PC?
I haven't, maybe ascaii did? Tbh I haven't spent enough time on the board. Just ghost typed on it for a few minutes. 😂 It is a unique board.

User avatar
Ascaii
The Beard

Today, 14:50

I can only agree with Inozenz about the feel. It is quite nice. As for conversion..I never made an effort to. Since it was a BTX board, its not quite the same as an AT/XT.

User avatar
Bjerrk

Today, 16:29

Ascaii wrote:
Today, 14:50
I can only agree with Inozenz about the feel. It is quite nice. As for conversion..I never made an effort to. Since it was a BTX board, its not quite the same as an AT/XT.
Cool!

Now that I have you - which switches are these switches? (Try saying that quickly a few times; which switches are these switches, ... )

Image

User avatar
Ascaii
The Beard

Today, 16:42

No clue :) Its a mystery

User avatar
Bjerrk

Today, 16:51

Ascaii wrote:
Today, 16:42
No clue :) Its a mystery
Are they any good? (You need to take a sales course, dude :P )
Linear, clicky, tactile, porridge-y?

User avatar
Ascaii
The Beard

Today, 17:39

Bjerrk wrote:
Today, 16:51
Ascaii wrote:
Today, 16:42
No clue :) Its a mystery
Are they any good? (You need to take a sales course, dude :P )
Linear, clicky, tactile, porridge-y?
Dreadful. So bad I actually threw it out and forgot to delete the picture.

Post Reply

Return to “For sale”