[WTS] Ascaii's collection

Ascaii
The Beard

10 Feb 2021, 19:41

Hello All,

some of you may remember me, its been a few years since I was here. Life has taken me to different places and different hobbies, but I still have boxes and boxes of boards, caps, projects, typewriters, and many interesting things left over that I simply do not need.

I've been out of the community too long and im not firm on individual values, so I will entertain all offers.

To be fair and since Ive been out of the loop for a while, I will sell on a silent auction basis. Please make an offer, and ill put it in the keyboard list on the drive. If no one else is interested in something in a day or two, its yours for the offer. My main goal is to get the things out of my house, so don't be afraid to make an offer.

I am located in Berlin, Germany, but can ship worldwide.

Pictures and a list can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

More information and/or pictures available on request.

A few ground rules:
-shipping is not included. Glad to help you estimate, please send a message.
-I will generally close a bid about 48 hours after it is placed. Any new bid starts the clock again.
-I dont have any Buy it now prices...please don't ask, just make an offer you think is fair
-no retracting bids. I can't keep track of a million different bids, so please only bid if you intend to buy.

Regards,
Ascaii
Last edited by Ascaii on 06 May 2021, 09:52, edited 8 times in total.

photekq
Cherry Picker

10 Feb 2021, 19:52

It's nice to see your name again Ascaii, I hope you're doing well! The Nixdorf blacks I got from you all those years ago are still being used :mrgreen:

I'm nowhere near local to you (if it weren't for COVID I'd get on the first train over there), so I'm not in the best position to help. But I can't wait to see what things you have stored away :mrgreen:

tinnie

10 Feb 2021, 20:01

:shock: :(

pngu

10 Feb 2021, 20:04

PM :)

Findecanor

10 Feb 2021, 21:17

Long time no see...

I hope that you will keep at least some high-quality items. Weeding out extra unnecessary items of a collection now and then is usually a good thing though.

Ascaii
The Beard

10 Feb 2021, 21:36

Nah, my collecting days are over. Im keeping the board im typing on plus maybe one or two spares, the rest needs to go to people that appreciate them.

Ive still got this one for a good home:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=6300&p=121764&hili ... nn#p121764

pngu

11 Feb 2021, 09:26

Ascaii wrote:
Nah, my collecting days are over. Im keeping the board im typing on plus maybe one or two spares, the rest needs to go to people that appreciate them.

That should go to a museum to be honest ;)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

11 Feb 2021, 09:57

Hi Ascaii, nice to read you again :mrgreen:

No doubt I would have come around and snatched everything two or three yeas ago,
but as it is I’m now in a quite similar position :lol:

Scarpia

11 Feb 2021, 10:13

Exciting to hear - maybe Wodan would be interested?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

11 Feb 2021, 10:18

Happy to hear from ASCAII and kbdfr and thanks for mentioning me Scarpia

I'm on a similar path to kbdfr and Ascaii though - certainly not looking for get more stuff to sell.
about 500+ recycler boards waiting to be sold.

Funny thing about keyboards is ... the ones I want to keep sell themselves
The rest is just a drag to get rid of.

Scarpia

11 Feb 2021, 11:09

I wonder if there isn’t a market for a European Cindy? If there’s currently >500 vintage boards sitting around Germany at what I’m sure are very reasonable prices, maybe the thing that’s missing is for someone to set up a web shop and warehouse, take a heap of product photos, and handle orders and shipping etc.?

I figure there’s probably a lot of people who would like a vintage keyboard (maybe after watching Chyros on Youtube) but who wouldn’t go through the trouble of joining a community like DT and who aren’t interested in spending weeks or months scouring flea markets or chasing a good deal on eBay. People who would like to just go to a web shop, find a vintage board with the switch or style they’re after, and hit Buy if the price is fair. Especially if that web shop catered to non enthusiasts who just want to get up and running, with converters and guides and cleaning/lubing/conversion/retr0brighting services.

It could also resell related items like lubes, keypullers, Alps switch openers, coiled cables, stabilizer kits etc.? Maybe even act as a trusted shipping partner for US based GBs? but now I’m just dreaming, I know.

I am not saying it’s easy to do what Cindy has done, merely pointing out that the supply is there and nobody is currently doing it in the EU.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

11 Feb 2021, 16:58

I'm very curious to see pictures... :D

Ascaii
The Beard

11 Feb 2021, 18:53

Hey guys. KbdFr, Wodan, Redmaus, its great to see familiar names. Im quite curious what I will find.

fohat
Elder Messenger

12 Feb 2021, 02:32

Some of us old-timers are still around.

I don't need or want any more keyboards, the ones I have are more than I could possibly wear out in my lifetime, although there are certain "hypothetical" units that could tweak my curiosity.

Half-Saint

13 Feb 2021, 09:57

Hey Ascaii, long time no see! Nice to see you're still around. Hope you're well.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

13 Feb 2021, 10:13

Ascaii wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 18:53
Hey guys. KbdFr, Wodan, Redmaus, its great to see familiar names. Im quite curious what I will find.
:mrgreen: Well I‘m sad I missed your „high times“ and now I‘m sad to see you clearing the last of your stock.

This is the way.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

13 Feb 2021, 20:11

Hello old friend. Best of luck with the next thing. What are your current hobbies?

I still have my keyboards as well. I've selected about 100 that I'd be able to sell pretty quickly. But the work of listing them, collecting payment, packing, shipping, and dealing with the inevitable unhappy buyer is demotivating. So I can understand the appeal of trying to get rid of things in bulk.

Scarpia just mentioned Cindy. If you check elecshopper.com you will see the message:

"Due to family illness the store is closed at this time. Please check back later."

One of my current hobbies is flying. I obtained my private pilot certificate and instrument rating, and am working toward commercial pilot and flight instructor ratings. I own a share of a single engine piston airplane. Kerrville, TX, where Cindy is located, is about a 40 minute flight for me as compared to a two hour drive. I flew out to Kerrville several months ago to say hello to Cindy and to pick up some very good tacos. Cindy sends her regards.

Scarpia

13 Feb 2021, 22:42

Wow XMIT, congrats on the private pilot’s license! I hope you don’t lose your passion for flying once it becomes a profession :) and fly safe!

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

13 Feb 2021, 22:44

XMIT wrote:
One of my current hobbies is flying. I obtained my private pilot certificate and instrument rating, and am working toward commercial pilot and flight instructor ratings. I own a share of a single engine piston airplane. Kerrville, TX, where Cindy is located, is about a 40 minute flight for me as compared to a two hour drive. I flew out to Kerrville several months ago to say hello to Cindy and to pick up some very good tacos. Cindy sends her regards.
Oh man that's awesome! Looking down from above at all the farmland and countryside must be amazing.

Palatino

13 Feb 2021, 23:09

And there must be some lovely clicky switches in a cockpit. I assume that was the real draw.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

15 Feb 2021, 05:12

Not too many switches but the rotary encoders are the best out there.

Ascaii
The Beard

16 Feb 2021, 18:32

XMIT wrote:
Hello old friend. Best of luck with the next thing. What are your current hobbies?

I still have my keyboards as well. I've selected about 100 that I'd be able to sell pretty quickly. But the work of listing them, collecting payment, packing, shipping, and dealing with the inevitable unhappy buyer is demotivating. So I can understand the appeal of trying to get rid of things in bulk.

Scarpia just mentioned Cindy. If you check elecshopper.com you will see the message:

"Due to family illness the store is closed at this time. Please check back later."

XMIT, congratulations on your eascaping the confines of the earth.

As for me...I've been playing baseball and softball since my youth and its always been a fringe sport here in Germany, but its growing.
I coached kid's teams the past years as my son grew up, but I've also been playing at a higher level in the 2. Bundesliga and playing international tournaments against high level teams from France, Czech republic, the Netherlands, England, etc.
I'm hoping to resume my busy sports schedule once lockdown lifts and we can play tournaments again.

Ascaii
The Beard

17 Feb 2021, 17:36

pngu wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 09:26
Ascaii wrote:

That should go to a museum to be honest ;)
I'm glad to announce I have found the next best thing to a museum that is interested and will take this piece and give it a worthy home. I wont say more, but once the story gets published, i'll link it here.

ShivaYash

19 Feb 2021, 11:32

I'm in Berlin too - perhaps we should talk.
I'll drop you a PM.

Ascaii
The Beard

08 Apr 2021, 12:18

Local deal fell through.

Pictures and a list can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 6x58Jg4LXf

Myoth

08 Apr 2021, 12:23

the folder is privated, is that intended and I need ask permission through Google or?

Ascaii
The Beard

08 Apr 2021, 12:30

Myoth wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 12:23
the folder is privated, is that intended and I need ask permission through Google or?
Sorry, fixed it

ntv242ver2

08 Apr 2021, 12:49

Still finding someone to take them all at once?

Ascaii
The Beard

08 Apr 2021, 12:56

Ill take individual offers as well. I realize its unlikely to find someone to take it all.

bit-shifter

08 Apr 2021, 14:35

Pm-ing

Return to “For sale”