[FREE] Dr-Lipschitz Free Schit

dr-lipschitz

28 Mar 2021, 05:26

I've got some nice things I'd like to give away for free. I'm running out of space, and I'd like them each to go to someone who will actually use it. you pay shipping

First up I have an AT&T terminal keyboard with ITW Magnetic Valve low profile. [GONE!]

It feels very nice and is in excellent condition. It is built well and is among the most beautiful keyboards I've seen. It does however need a converter made (Soarer's won't work).
Spoiler:
Next up I have a Dah Yang Unitek K151L[GONE!]
Date code 1987, and it originally came with vintage Cherry MX Blacks (I can include those but I'll have to charge you for them). It's 5-pin din and works with a soarer's converter.
This thing is built like a freaking tank. It has:
  1. n-key rollover
  2. thick steel back plate
  3. brass screw sockets, and no clips anywhere
  4. a thick steel mounting plate which is top mounted to the case
  5. a thick coiled cable, with a metal plug terminal
it's only downsides are that the thick abs keycaps are pad printed, and it has an AT layout. This board is asking to be used, and I'd like it to go to someone who will break it out from time to time.
Spoiler:
Conus only please.
Last edited by dr-lipschitz on 30 Mar 2021, 05:01, edited 5 times in total.

vdublove37

28 Mar 2021, 05:32

PM'd!

Glove

28 Mar 2021, 06:20

PM'd!

Glove

28 Mar 2021, 06:21

PM'd!

Go-Kart

28 Mar 2021, 10:11

PM'd.

Muirium
µ

28 Mar 2021, 11:28

The font on the box…

It's like they looked into the future, saw GAMERFONT, but brought it back to vintage times with an extra touch of cool. I'd actually kinda like to see it on the caps!

AdrianMan

28 Mar 2021, 13:46

@AMJ, is that MX board something close to your wishes ?

Edit: Donno how to tag an username so that he gets a notification, AMJ is looking for a similar MX board

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

28 Mar 2021, 13:48

Oh, I would have been interested in that AT&T board. I guess that's what I get for going to bed early. Whoever got it, please post photos!

dr-lipschitz

28 Mar 2021, 20:01

XMIT wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 13:48
Oh, I would have been interested in that AT&T board. I guess that's what I get for going to bed early. Whoever got it, please post photos!
I still have it on me as the post office is closed till tomorrow. What parts do you want pictures of? There are more photos under the spoiler tag, but I can take additional.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

28 Mar 2021, 22:19

dr-lipschitz wrote:
I still have it on me as the post office is closed till tomorrow. What parts do you want pictures of? There are more photos under the spoiler tag, but I can take additional.
I'd like to see the entire back of the board, the entire rear of the board, and what is between the key caps and the top of the magnetic valve switches. Are these springs, buckling rubber sleeves, or something else? Thanks!

Rayndalf

29 Mar 2021, 00:07

AdrianMan wrote:

Edit: Donno how to tag an username so that he gets a notification, AMJ is looking for a similar MX board
An MX board with an F AT layout like the Unitek K151L? I actually bought a harvested a while back for too much :oops: ($35?) and didn't even get the PCB. I blinked and at some point I bought 2 complete ones too :shock:. Some come with PCB mounted Mitsumi Mini switches or some such instead of plate mounted MX blacks, so it can be a gamble, but they aren't too bad.

It's worth pointing out that this PCB won't work until the diodes and switches are installed, the diodes go in the LED slots of the switchs (or on the other side of the PCB if you want to avoid such pain in the future).

dr-lipschitz

29 Mar 2021, 00:22

XMIT wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 22:19
dr-lipschitz wrote:
I'd like to see the entire back of the board, the entire rear of the board, and what is between the key caps and the top of the magnetic valve switches. Are these springs, buckling rubber sleeves, or something else? Thanks!
buckling rubber sleeve. I've updated the photos now

TNT

29 Mar 2021, 03:58

PM'd

jbtb077

30 Mar 2021, 04:45

If the Dah Yang Unitek K151L deal doesn't go through, I'd love to take it. :)

dr-lipschitz

30 Mar 2021, 05:02

jbtb077 wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 04:45
If the Dah Yang Unitek K151L deal doesn't go through, I'd love to take it. :)
Sorry man, it's gone. Forgot to update the listing

ddrfraser1

30 Mar 2021, 10:56

That keyboard has a really cool profile. I love the wedge shape

AJM

30 Mar 2021, 12:29

Rayndalf wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 00:07
AdrianMan wrote:

An MX board with an F AT layout like the Unitek K151L? I actually bought a harvested a while back for too much :oops: ($35?) and didn't even get the PCB. I blinked and at some point I bought 2 complete ones too :shock:. Some come with PCB mounted Mitsumi Mini switches or some such instead of plate mounted MX blacks, so it can be a gamble, but they aren't too bad.

It's worth pointing out that this PCB won't work until the diodes and switches are installed, the diodes go in the LED slots of the switchs (or on the other side of the PCB if you want to avoid such pain in the future).
I find that keyboard quite interesting, but I much prefer the XT layout over the AT version - and I don't live in the CONUS, so it's not for me.
Yet your remarks may become very useful, thank you very much.

Return to “For sale”