[WTS] VOID30 Gateron Green and 70 vintage Marquardt 6180 linear switches

jmdawson

30 Mar 2021, 22:34

Hello all,

I'm new here, I've been meaning to signup for a while as I'm always on the wiki researching boards/switches to buy! I'm having a clear out and have a few parts to trade or sell - not sure if this post should be in this board or the trading one so apologies if this is the wrong place.

I'll start with the VOID9 keyboard, I built this to try the Gherkin layout and I enjoyed learning it. I used the keyboard briefly for work but it was way too noisy when I was on calls etc so I actually built another one with Gateron yellows which I still use. Its probably only had around two hours use.

Good Points:
  • Pretty much New Gateron Green Switches
    Hand Wired to what I consider a decent standard
    Very little use
    Average Print quality
Bad Points:
  • It's printed in 4 parts and friction welded together - Although its done to a good standard keep this in mind.

I don't plan on including the key caps but if you want them make me an offer. I'm looking for £25 which just about covers the cost of the switches and the Pro Micro controller - its fully tested and working.

I also have for sale x70 vintage Marquardt 6180 linear switches. These were removed from a brand new Olympia typewriter replacement keyboard. I used them for maybe a month in a hand wired build before getting bored of them - they are nice enough switches although a little heavy for my liking.

They fit in MX plates and MX style key caps will fit although lower profile ones are recommend. They could also do with a lube. The board they were removed from was dated 1985, these are fairly rare switches especially in near new condition.

They do not fit Cherry MX style PCB's but they do all have built in diodes making them perfect for hand wired keyboards!

I'm looking at £.035 per switch which is way less than I paid for them!

More details on them can be found on the wiki:
wiki/Marquardt_Series_6180

I'm in the UK but willing to ship worldwide. If anyone has any questions let me know! I am open to trades for the above items, mainly around strange or unusual switches but let me know what you have if you're interested.

Thanks for reading :D
Last edited by jmdawson on 01 Apr 2021, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

Palatino

30 Mar 2021, 22:44

Pmed

jmdawson

30 Mar 2021, 22:53

Palatino wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 22:44
Pmed
Replied :D

HalfSlav

30 Mar 2021, 23:51

Pmed!

jmdawson

30 Mar 2021, 23:57

HalfSlav wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 23:51
Pmed!
Replied 😃

shallot

31 Mar 2021, 03:15

PMd

jmdawson

01 Apr 2021, 17:50

Switches have sold and I have someone interested in the void30. Void30 is pending for now although I do have another printed void30 case which I would let go for a very low cost - basically the price of the filament + postage.

Return to “For sale”