[WTS] Vintage MX Style plate (Free!) and 60 RK Red switches

jmdawson

02 Apr 2021, 18:21

I'm continuing my clear out and have some parts to sell on.

I have 66 RK Red switches which are basically brand new. I purchased an RK 66% board and immediately replaced the switches with vintage Cherry MX blues. They have been unsoldered but other than that they are perfect.

They'll hopefully be of some use to someone - I believe they are rebranded Kailh reds although I can't be certain. £15 takes them and that includes postage to the UK, £20 total covers shipping to the rest of the world. I'd also be open to swap these for tactile/clicky switches.

I also have an old Vintage MX style plate, I can't actually remember what this came from although it was attached to a PCB that was filled with vintage blacks when I purchased it. Maybe it could be useful for a hand wired build? Anyway its free if you want to collect it from Newcastle upon tyne (UK) or cover postage costs.

Thanks for looking!

mcmaxmcmc

02 Apr 2021, 18:34

That plate is from an Olympia typewriter -- it would've came with MX Olympia Clears. The layout is pretty proprietary, though... do you have the keycaps to go along with it?

jmdawson

02 Apr 2021, 18:39

mcmaxmcmc wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 18:34
That plate is from an Olympia typewriter -- it would've came with MX Olympia Clears. The layout is pretty proprietary, though... do you have the keycaps to go along with it?
You're right it did! Well it came out of a new stock replacement keyboard for one. I bought 4 of them from a local seller a little while back. It did however have Cherry MX Blacks. Two of the other boards had vintage whites / Olympia whites which aren't quite the same dimensions as standard MX switches and the other had Marquardt Series 6180's. I unfortunately don't have the caps as these were new replacement service parts they actually never had them installed!

Return to “For sale”