[FREE] Lasercut Model F AT foams

shallot

19 May 2021, 12:28

I have two laser-cut foams for Model F AT (design fits good) free to good homes.

Foam 1: EVA craft foam, 2mm
Foam 2: Open-cell polyurethane foam, 2mm

Conditions:
- you must have, or have bought, an F AT in need of foam repair - no hoarding!
- you need to tell me how suitable the material is for the purpose after you reassemble
- you pay shipping

Cheers!

Edit: Added pictures, top one is foam 1, bottom one is foam 2.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 11.30.27.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 11.30.27.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 3435 times

Muirium
µ

19 May 2021, 13:07

Well, I hear you're really supposed to swap out the vintage foam before it ruins everything, so maybe I'm not hoarding when I ask for one of them for my AT;)

What are the differences between these materials then? Thickness? Feel? Intrigued.

Also, I still want a pair of those NeXT converters of yours, how are they coming along? :D

LightningXI

19 May 2021, 17:40

Oooh, wish you had some foam for my 3278, as I'm already dreading the hole punching myself... :P

shallot

19 May 2021, 23:38

Muirium wrote:
19 May 2021, 13:07
Well, I hear you're really supposed to swap out the vintage foam before it ruins everything, so maybe I'm not hoarding when I ask for one of them for my AT;)

What are the differences between these materials then? Thickness? Feel? Intrigued.

Also, I still want a pair of those NeXT converters of yours, how are they coming along? :D
If you're gonna swap the foam right away and can report back, then I don't mind - I just want them to get used immediately. I got these three done to test materials, but after my nightmare with clamps and neoprene, I didn't much fancy reopening my AT to try the other foams. The EVA craft foam has been used by other people before, the open cell polyurethane was a bit of a shot in the dark - it looked quite similar in consistency to the stuff I was removing from the AT so thought it might be worth a punt.

Re: NeXT converters - PCBs are on the way :)

adamcobabe

19 May 2021, 23:44

I'd love one. I have an AT in pieces at the moment. Just have to resurface the plate ...and find foam. :)

fohat
Elder Messenger

19 May 2021, 23:52

shallot wrote:

after my nightmare with clamps and neoprene, I didn't much fancy reopening my AT
It gets easier, trust me. And the small ATs and XTs are very easy compared to the 122-key terminals.

I would like to have one but I am in the US, and my F AT re-assembly might not percolate to the top of the list for a while.

shallot

20 May 2021, 00:00

adamcobabe wrote:
19 May 2021, 23:44
I'd love one. I have an AT in pieces at the moment. Just have to resurface the plate ...and find foam. :)
which one would you like?

Wazrach

20 May 2021, 00:22

fohat wrote:
19 May 2021, 23:52
shallot wrote:

after my nightmare with clamps and neoprene, I didn't much fancy reopening my AT
It gets easier, trust me. And the small ATs and XTs are very easy compared to the 122-key terminals.

I would like to have one but I am in the US, and my F AT re-assembly might not percolate to the top of the list for a while.
I really think the F122 is the easiest to reassemble now - those center three tabs actually really help to keep the plates nice and snug. I think it's much harder to get foam replacements right for the XTs, as the plates tend to bow out of alignment with the pressure.

Muirium
µ

20 May 2021, 10:40

I'm in touch with Darkcruix about foam for multiple boards (AT, Kishy, and hopefully even 3276) so folks can step in front of me if they like. If I'm the last one standing, count me in: I won't let good foam go to waste. ;)

gianni

20 May 2021, 11:05

I'm interested in AT and XT foams.... Are they still available?

I can pay a reasonable price for the foams, if it is possible to order two of each.

I have a beamspring too, but I have no idea if it has any kind of foam or not :lol:

thanks

darkcruix

20 May 2021, 14:23

gianni wrote:

I can pay a reasonable price for the foams, if it is possible to order two of each.

I have a beamspring too, but I have no idea if it has any kind of foam or not :lol:

thanks
I have XT, AT, F122 and Kishsaver neoprene foam mats ordered. I don't have the full price yet, but I will just request the price I paid + shipping. Once I have them in hand and photos to share, I will post it here (should be within the next 3 weeks).
The AT one is already here and has been tested.

Ordered it from https://snijlab.nl and the material is: https://snijlab.nl/en/materials/254

gianni

20 May 2021, 15:41

darkcruix wrote:
20 May 2021, 14:23
gianni wrote:

thanks
I have XT, AT, F122 and Kishsaver neoprene foam mats ordered. I don't have the full price yet, but I will just request the price I paid + shipping. Once I have them in hand and photos to share, I will post it here (should be within the next 3 weeks).
The AT one is already here and has been tested.

Ordered it from https://snijlab.nl and the material is: https://snijlab.nl/en/materials/254

thank you very much, I have an F122 too, so I may be interested also in that :-)

Wazrach

21 May 2021, 13:29

I've been crafting a lot of foam mats lately, all pretty lazy attempts that didn't take me long and the holes all line up snugly with my rudimentary method of marking them. The perfect material that is working flawlessly is this: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252353238313

I used the 2mm thickness in my F122 and the 3mm in my Bigfoot and XT. The 3mm is so much more solid and I think it's perfect for the application. This specific product is soft enough to compress without exerting much force outwards, so the plates aren't pushed apart like with firm art foam and therec's enough compression to seat all of the barrels without wiggle. I've tried other seemingly identical products from other sellers, but none are as soft as this.

dr-lipschitz

23 May 2021, 05:25

I've got an F-AT I need to foam up. is this still available?

jbtb077

23 May 2021, 08:58

Is this still available? Sending a PM your way...

darkcruix

07 Jun 2021, 11:30

If someone wants to build an extremely oversized Model F XT, I have foams for it ....
Spoiler:
I just didn't check the damn units ...
IMG_1499.jpeg
IMG_1499.jpeg (281 KiB) Viewed 2552 times

Obin

07 Jun 2021, 14:48

Wait, are you saying you designed it with the CAD program set to inches or did you forget to check the "use sane units" box when placing your order?

darkcruix

07 Jun 2021, 14:55

Obin wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 14:48
Wait, are you saying you designed it with the CAD program set to inches or did you forget to check the "use sane units" box when placing your order?
I used the original design which used inches as unit, but I forgot to convert that down :)

Return to “For sale”