Decision Data (Maxi Switch) terminal keyboards for sale.

Happydog

08 Jun 2021, 17:02

Dear DT members.

Two Decision Data terminal keyboards can go to a new owner, I'm selling them. Maxi Switch pcb, DIN-5 connector. Interesting pop-out riser-legs, operated by a slider in the middle of the keyboard, on the back-side.
For shipping, we can find and agree upon a suitable and affordable way to get them to you.

More photos on request.

Kind regards,

Happydog,

The Netherlands.
IMG_9292.JPG
IMG_9293.JPG
IMG_9290.JPG
IMG_9291.JPG

an_achronism

10 Jun 2021, 15:53

This and this guy's other listing for an IBM "Bigfoot" were established as auctions, fishing for offers, transparently because the seller doesn't know what his stuff is worth. That's fine, whatever. Let the market figure it out if you don't know, I don't have a problem with that personally.

At 14:06 yesterday, I messaged the seller with an initial offer on both one of these and the Bigfoot, mentioning that I would be interested to see what else he had (since he said he had a bunch to sell). This was after initially sending him a message which took him ages to reply to, and when he did, he had responded with a bizarre and fairly tonally abrupt/standoffish message in which he said he did not understand how to do things at DT and asked me for a "manual" on how to run an auction, how to understand "jargon", all sorts. Presumably this was a result of irritation that others (notably, not me) having a go at the fact he had opened these as auctions instead of just giving prices. Nonetheless, I decided to try to be helpful, and spent quite a bit of time on my response, outlining how a silent auction should work (e.g. how Ascaii does it), in addition to simply putting some initial bids in.

A few minutes or so later, he opens the message I sent. Doesn't reply. Still hasn't.

At 14:43 he updates the top post on the Bigfoot thread to "sold". Doesn't update the Data General post. Doesn't acknowledge or respond to either of my initial bids.

I noticed this last night so I sent a message, now rather annoyed, since this was ostensibly a bidding situation and he's ignored me and sold it without giving me a chance to outbid. I asked if this was what had happened. He also still hadn't replied to my bid on the other board.

Reply:

This guy is clueless and rude. Avoid.

Return to “For sale”