[WTS] Weaven 60% pre-built

HzFaq

18 Jun 2021, 15:41

Clearing out the cupboards after a bit of an break. Will start with some modern bits and move onto what's left of the vintage stuff later.

Apologies if the sales format has changed since I've been gone...coudln't see anything but I'm sure DT will let me know if I'm wrong :D :D .
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I have a fully built Weaven 60% FS using a GH60 PCB running TMK and (mostly) Cherry clears with a latching FN switch. The Weaven case/frame is alluminium with runners for the carbon fibre plate and PCB meaning it is super stable/solid feeling. Probably the best feeling board I've owned but a bit of a white elephant in that I never really use it...There was a bit of a ding on the underside of one of the vertical pieces of the case in shipping, but replacements were sent out - I also ordered an extra set of horizontals which are included so I guess in theory if you could source legs/plate/PCB you could build a 2nd case.

No caps included, I do have a set of UK ISO WoB Cherry DS we can talk about seperately if needed.

Board is in excellent condition - I've had it from new and has barely been used, want to get back what I paid for the case etc, £300 obo. Not looking at trades for now.

bit-shifter

18 Jun 2021, 16:27

PM incoming!

Jampot

24 Jun 2021, 17:02

Pm'd :)

Bjerrk

24 Jun 2021, 17:03

Sincere but perhaps stupid question: why is this keyboard desirable? As in 300£ without keycaps desirable? There must be something special I am missing :-)

Myoth

24 Jun 2021, 17:33

Bjerrk wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 17:03
Sincere but perhaps stupid question: why is this keyboard desirable? As in 300£ without keycaps desirable? There must be something special I am missing :-)
This is a custom keyboard, they are usually produced at 20-50 units with a CNC mill and have most of their cost eaten by the manufacturing alone. This explanation suffices for the GB price, as for the aftermarket, things begin to get rowdy and while I don't know how much the GB price of this specific keyboard was; 300£ is, in the landscape of custom keyboards, very reasonable.

BTW Love how 300£ for a custom made keyboard produced at few quantities with peculiar aesthetics that could appeal to a certain niche is surprising, but a generic hunk of metal which doesn't comply to modern standard that sells for 3 times that much, doesn't really bother anyone.

Bjerrk

24 Jun 2021, 17:46

Myoth wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 17:33
BTW Love how 300£ for a custom made keyboard produced at few quantities with peculiar aesthetics that could appeal to a certain niche is surprising, but a generic hunk of metal which doesn't comply to modern standard that sells for 3 times that much, doesn't really bother anyone.
That would be interesting, if true. Please tell me more about it.

ntv242ver2

24 Jun 2021, 17:47

It is true alright. Look at beamer

Bjerrk

24 Jun 2021, 17:49

Could you explain how it fits the description of "generic hunk of metal"?

Myoth

24 Jun 2021, 17:52

Bjerrk wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 17:49
Could you explain how it fits the description of "generic hunk of metal"?
Mass produced is sufficient. I'm not going to dwell on it more in this thread, this is not the appropriate place :roll:

Bjerrk

24 Jun 2021, 17:53

Myoth wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 17:52
Mass produced is sufficient. I'm not going to dwell on it more in this thread, this is not the appropriate place :roll:
I can understand. I was only asking since you brought it up.

Return to “For sale”