HHKB - from sale to discussion thread :)

phinix

05 May 2022, 16:33

SOLD :cry: :cry: :cry:

Selling new HHKB Hybrid Type-S white. Bought for myself, but for the love of god my brain cannot accept this layout :(
Original box included.
New one is £299, I'm letting mine go for £230 + delivery
Last edited by phinix on 25 Jul 2022, 09:52, edited 17 times in total.

phinix

06 May 2022, 12:56

bump

phinix

11 May 2022, 17:29

£230 is pretty good price for new Hybrid Type-s, right?

TomTrev

11 May 2022, 18:36

phinix wrote:
There were some on UK eBay for £200 lately. Opened - Never used. They were returns it seems.
That's probably more the ballpark.

phinix

11 May 2022, 19:14

TomTrev wrote:
11 May 2022, 18:36
phinix wrote:
There were some on UK eBay for £200 lately. Opened - Never used. They were returns it seems.
That's probably more the ballpark.
Cool. Yeah, I'm always opened for offers, so its good.

Go-Kart

11 May 2022, 21:30

phinix wrote:
Selling new HHKB Hybrid Type-S white. Bought for myself, but for the love of god my brain cannot accept this layout :(
Original box included.
Nooooo, how long have you tried the layout for?

I had the same reaction with my first HHKB. It didn't help that I bought a black one and couldn't make out any of the legends for the function layer... But having done that dance more than once, I now favour the layout over everything else. I've even forsaken my love of ISO Enters!

phinix

11 May 2022, 22:02

Go-Kart wrote:
11 May 2022, 21:30
phinix wrote:
Original box included.
Nooooo, how long have you tried the layout for?

I had the same reaction with my first HHKB. It didn't help that I bought a black one and couldn't make out any of the legends for the function layer... But having done that dance more than once, I now favour the layout over everything else. I've even forsaken my love of ISO Enters!
:oops: :(

I can't, I tried, I wanted...
I love it so much but at work... its just too hard. I work with databases, editing data, spreadsheets etc
Cause I have to use multiple keys to simple moves, using Fn to get arrows, Home, End...
Its soooo hard.
It breaks my heart, I love typing on it so much, it is so beautiful, little and cute...
If those f*** designers at Fujitsu made HHKB with arrows, but not in Japanese layout with loads of 1u keys at the bottom row, but just something between hhkb and Leopold, it would be my dream.

Today I switched to TKL at work and I was flying, FLYING! I could do so many moves so quickly, not even thinking about it.
All my muscle memory worked fine, it was programmed like that since 80s.

I'm lost, I don't know what to do, so put it out for sale :cry:

Go-Kart

11 May 2022, 22:23

That's fair. Can't blame your productivity at work on a keyboard; normies won't get it :lol:

It ain't for everyone.

Muirium
µ

11 May 2022, 22:32

I honestly prefer HHKB to TKL, and all that lies between. It’s a shame not everyone can cross the uncanny valley where Fn slows you down. I find moving my hand down to the arrow cluster is slower now.

That training back on my XT meant I already knew my way around before I had no choice. Highly recommended!

By the way Phin: you just described a Leopold. Go get it already! Wouldn’t catch me on one, but it sounds like it was made for you. ;)

phinix

11 May 2022, 22:48

Muirium wrote:
11 May 2022, 22:32
I honestly prefer HHKB to TKL, and all that lies between. It’s a shame not everyone can cross the uncanny valley where Fn slows you down. I find moving my hand down to the arrow cluster is slower now.

That training back on my XT meant I already knew my way around before I had no choice. Highly recommended!

By the way Phin: you just described a Leopold. Go get it already! Wouldn’t catch me on one, but it sounds like it was made for you. ;)
Thing is, I dont want Leopold.
I love the feel and look of hhkb, but cant use it.

Only way to enjoy topre for me then, is to get Realforce.
There is one particular I really want, but its in Edinburgh and the owner is torturing me... :P

I think tkl is what I need to use at work.
Maybe then just have hhkb for fun at home?
But first I would need to swap it with non type-s.

Muirium
µ

11 May 2022, 22:51

That sweet little damped 55g OG Realforce is my only non HHKB Topre. Quit leering. It’s not for sale! :D

phinix

11 May 2022, 22:54

Muirium wrote:
11 May 2022, 22:51
That sweet little damped 55g OG Realforce is my only non HHKB Topre. It’s not for sale! :D
You dont need it!!!
You dont want it!!!
You love hhkb and your kish! :mrgreen:

Where else I can get 87u55, nowhere! :cry:

phinix

01 Jun 2022, 12:46

I think I have an issue...

Just ordered another HHKB... :shock:

Muirium
µ

01 Jun 2022, 12:50

You’re not trying to tempt me to trade my 87u for that. I’ve got the perfect little syzygy of HHKBs I want and need. Balance is restored to the force.

But what of the Realforce? Well, the black 87u you tempted me with was a good idea… but a keyboard in the hand is a keyboard you actually have, versus one that had in fact already sold to someone else! :lol:

phinix

01 Jun 2022, 15:14

Muirium wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 12:50
You’re not trying to tempt me to trade my 87u for that. I’ve got the perfect little syzygy of HHKBs I want and need. Balance is restored to the force.

But what of the Realforce? Well, the black 87u you tempted me with was a good idea… but a keyboard in the hand is a keyboard you actually have, versus one that had in fact already sold to someone else! :lol:
No, this one will stay with me, I'm not gonna sell it (I hope). Ordered two sets of kbdfans Hi Pro caps for it too.
I stopped tempting you, I have to buy 87u somewhere else, keep looking for one, will find one eventually.

wobbled

01 Jun 2022, 15:25

Those kbdfans hipro caps can be a bit wobbly. Might wanna stick some o-rings on 'em

Muirium
µ

01 Jun 2022, 17:46

I wager he sells it.

Why? Past experience with HHKB layout. The imperfect fit on all KBDfans Topre caps. Panic…

HHKB or no HHKB, DT will be here to aid your troubled desire!

wobbled

01 Jun 2022, 18:37

The man didn't even last a month.
As someone who's sold about 3 Pro 1s and a handful of Pro 2s in the past, just keep them forever!!

Muirium
µ

01 Jun 2022, 20:37

That’s what I’m doing. Slowly. 2 HHKBs in 8 years. They’re like the Olympics. ;)

phinix

02 Jun 2022, 09:34

Should be here tomorrow...
I picked Classic version, as I dont need BT. I only want mapping ability, as I found that editing software file will let me do it.
If it works, cool, if not - return and Hybrid purchase, again :lol:
Last edited by phinix on 02 Jun 2022, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

02 Jun 2022, 12:58

Remap the HHKB?
Remap your mind!

phinix

02 Jun 2022, 15:53

Muirium wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 12:58
Remap the HHKB?
Remap your mind!
Yes, remap. Just one key and arrows.
My mind runs on ROM.

Muirium
µ

02 Jun 2022, 19:38

ROM seeks no input. I think you’re more of a JK flip flop, especially re: HHKBs. :P

phinix

03 Jun 2022, 22:46

I did it again...
20220603_212539.jpg
20220603_212539.jpg (181.51 KiB) Viewed 10802 times

wobbled

03 Jun 2022, 23:11

I wish I could judge you phinx, but you're just doing what all of us have done in a shorter period of time.
Keep your HHKBs always!

phinix

03 Jun 2022, 23:20

wobbled wrote:
03 Jun 2022, 23:11
I wish I could judge you phinx, but you're just doing what all of us have done in a shorter period of time.
Keep your HHKBs always!
The force is strong with me :shock:

Go-Kart

04 Jun 2022, 17:14

I would jeer from my ivory tower but as it has been said above, many of us have been there. I've bought six or seven HHKBs that have gone back for one reason or another. I currently have two, and I can safely say that they're staying here.

phinix

04 Jun 2022, 19:43

So you all had issues using hhkb? Going back and forth?
So at some point you finally got used to its layout then?

wobbled

04 Jun 2022, 20:47

phinix wrote:
Never had issues with the HHKB, I just started to use Model Fs more a year or two ago and figured I'd sell my HHKBs cos it seemed a shame to have them sit around while not being used.
Huge Mistake.
Now I rotate boards often, and love every single one of them.

Go-Kart

04 Jun 2022, 23:35

phinix wrote:
Yes, for me at least. I came from a Poker 3 originally. Didn't care for the 60 % form factor considering it's drawbacks when a TKL could save me enough desk space to merc people on CoD. I really hated the Poker's arrow layout. In fact, most of that layer's arrangement was irritating. When I got the HHKB, I thought it was just a differently poor, but similarly irritating layout. Except I was wrong this time. It didn't matter how much I used and knew the Poker's layout, it wasn't intuitive. I daily drove that fucker for months! The HHKB layout, however; as soon as I was familiar with it, I realised how intuitive it was.

Return to “For sale”