[SOLD] Apple Desktop Bus Keyboard / IIGS (ANSI)

Yuubin

12 Jun 2022, 00:11

I am selling my Apple Desktop Bus Keyboard (658-4081). It is the model with orange Alps switches that was made in Japan until 1991.
Spoiler:
The keyboard is in great condition. Everything works fine and there is only slight yellowing on the case and the space bar. There is also a tiny reddish spot on the number pad's enter key.

Some of the keys sound just a little bit scratchy and some have a tiny metal ping sound. I am not an expert for Alps switches, but I guess this is expected with switches this old.

There is no cable included but I can add a cable with a makeshift USB adapter I got from the previous owner.

I am asking for Euro 220 plus shipping costs.
Last edited by Yuubin on 14 Jul 2022, 21:08, edited 3 times in total.

inozenz

12 Jun 2022, 00:22

Compared to salmons, oranges ping by default so no issue in that. Glws

Yuubin

12 Jun 2022, 00:26

Thanks for that info!

the_ambyguous

13 Jun 2022, 06:13

well well well! haha I never thought I'd see this ole boy again! I hope he served you well the past two years! This was one of my favorite boards, switch wise. It has some of the oldest orange alps Ive ever used, and imo they were in superb condition. Theyre no logo long grey switch plate alps. And I know the deskthority says orange alps were introduced in 87, but the controller on the inside says 86 so im not sure the accuracy of that, but it also confirms these are some of the earliest orange alps. if i had any liquid cash id love to buy this guy again. i just never could get used to those keycaps and i also couldnt bring myself to tear it apart for the switches. great board, glws! and that ping is super charming imo.
Attachments
IMG_1634.jpg
IMG_1634.jpg (2.22 MiB) Viewed 1606 times
IMG_1633.jpg
IMG_1633.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 1606 times
IMG_1624.jpg
IMG_1624.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 1606 times
IMG_1163.jpg
IMG_1163.jpg (2.8 MiB) Viewed 1606 times

Muirium
µ

13 Jun 2022, 11:33

Those flash multi-legend caps though!

Yuubin

13 Jun 2022, 14:28

To be honest, I just couldn’t get used to the key layout. I am only selling the board because it‘s to nice to simply gather dust. It really is a great collector’s item.

If you would like it back, just PM me and we can reverse the deal. :) I don‘t want to make any extra money of this.

the_ambyguous wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 06:13
well well well! haha I never thought I'd see this ole boy again! I hope he served you well the past two years! This was one of my favorite boards, switch wise. It has some of the oldest orange alps Ive ever used, and imo they were in superb condition. Theyre no logo long grey switch plate alps. And I know the deskthority says orange alps were introduced in 87, but the controller on the inside says 86 so im not sure the accuracy of that, but it also confirms these are some of the earliest orange alps. if i had any liquid cash id love to buy this guy again. i just never could get used to those keycaps and i also couldnt bring myself to tear it apart for the switches. great board, glws! and that ping is super charming imo.

Yuubin

23 Jun 2022, 22:53

Price dropped...

wufishy

10 Jul 2022, 19:39

Messaged!

Return to “For sale”