[GER] Ericcson Keyboard - sold

guidemetothelight

20 Jun 2022, 23:24

Hello Guys,

since iam noticing quite a build up of old keyboards in my small student apartment, i need to part ways with some. The first is going to be my Telekom branded Ericcson Unsaver Keyboard, that i wrote about in a post a few months ago.
Since i just dont use it & i dont wanna become a (even bigger) hoarder. ;)

Link to my first, detailed post.

viewtopic.php?t=27086

Since then , i retrobrighted the case , washed the keycaps & cleaned the pcb so its not really dirty anymore.
I figured to post it here first, since it would probably go into good hands.

It works & i get signal from all the keys, i think it needs a bit of tinkering to use all the keys like they were designed to (talking double f row for example)
It will come with the Numpad + metal bar that holds the two components, but numpad hasnt been retrobrighted. Also a single 1U Key was missing, which i replaced with one of the Numpad Ones (The double escape in the top left corner)
The main shell has a small scratch in the top right corner & the slightest bit of marbeling due to the retrobrighting.

I dont have a price in my head , & there arent any sold boards for reference , so just shoot me an offer. If you want specific pictures , just message me.

Have a great Day & happy typing.

Nick
Attachments
ABB0EE84-3F9B-4DFF-BB97-F07BDE172EBD.jpeg
ABB0EE84-3F9B-4DFF-BB97-F07BDE172EBD.jpeg (2.66 MiB) Viewed 1036 times
Last edited by guidemetothelight on 25 Jul 2022, 12:20, edited 2 times in total.

ZeFritz

21 Jun 2022, 09:56

I’m tempted to give an offer, although this would probably mean trouble with my wife ;-)
The desoldered switch from the numpad has been soldered back in, I assume?
You mentioned that they need “quite a bit of force to actuate”. Can you compare the key feel to some other switches, IBM Model M, Alps, Space Invaders, …? AFAIR somewhere has been said that they are slightly tactile. Can you confirm that, or are they “fully” linear?

guidemetothelight

22 Jun 2022, 09:19

ZeFritz wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 09:56
I’m tempted to give an offer, although this would probably mean trouble with my wife ;-)
Ah yes , i know that problem , my dad collects speakers , but those are far more difficult to hide from the wife :D

Regarding the keyboard, sadly i never had the chance to type on space invader nor buckling spring.
( I only started to care for vintage mechanical keyboards around a year ago , and there isnt a lot of budget when your 22)

I do own a few different Alps Keyboards though. Compared to my Apple Extented II with dampended Creams , id say its about 1.5 times the force to botttom out. Actuation force is roughly in the same area though, i would guesstimate around 85 grams.

As far as i can tell, the keyboard is completly linear, with the only feedback u get is with a small inbuilt speaker that makes a click sound with every keystroke. The volume can be changed (or completly muted) with one of the two scroll wheels on the backside, but i have no clue what the second one does to be honest.

The desoldered switch has been soldered back in, but since one keycap is missing, the numpad hasnt been retrobrighted nor have the keycaps been cleaned.
I just washed the case with soapy water and blew out the dust.

If you need any more info or pictures , feel free to ask :)

Best Regards and happy typing !

Nick

Return to “For sale”