[Sold] Realforce RGB (ANSI-US)

Yuubin

22 Aug 2022, 19:53

I am selling my Topre Realforce RGB to make some space.

As much as I like the feel of the switches and the fact that you can use MX keycaps, this board is just way too big for my desk.

The keyboard was used for about a year with aftermarket keycaps. As the pictures (hopefully) show, it is in great condition.

Spoiler:
Price 140 EUR plus shipping
Last edited by Yuubin on 24 Apr 2023, 22:24, edited 6 times in total.

Yuubin

18 Sep 2022, 22:03

Price drop.

Yuubin

28 Oct 2022, 21:52

One more price drop.

Yuubin

26 Nov 2022, 22:33

Price drop.

Yuubin

04 Jan 2023, 00:10

Another price drop.

Yuubin

07 Feb 2023, 18:39

Dropped the price to 140 EUR as I really need to make some room.
I never imagined this one would be so hard to sell. :|

phinix

07 Feb 2023, 19:08

I think because its a full keeb, people may not want to buy it. Mostly people look for TKL, but even those, believe me, nowadays don't sell quickly. I have 4 Realforces for sale and they don't move. Freaking economic crisis...

wobbled

11 Feb 2023, 01:52

phinix wrote:
I think because its a full keeb, people may not want to buy it. Mostly people look for TKL, but even those, believe me, nowadays don't sell quickly. I have 4 Realforces for sale and they don't move. Freaking economic crisis...
That, and these RGB realforce boards are expensive to mod to make them sound as good as a normal realforce - they need plate gaskets to eliminate housing rattle, and a specific style of silencing rings that have a cut straight edge to account for the LEDs.
Not to mention domes need cutting in a different way if you want to swap them out.
I'm holding out until I can find one of these for like 90-100 because the mods will soon rack up the price.

phinix

11 Feb 2023, 02:11

wobbled wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 01:52
phinix wrote:
That, and these RGB realforce boards are expensive to mod to make them sound as good as a normal realforce - they need plate gaskets to eliminate housing rattle, and a specific style of silencing rings that have a cut straight edge to account for the LEDs.
Not to mention domes need cutting in a different way if you want to swap them out.
I'm holding out until I can find one of these for like 90-100 because the mods will soon rack up the price.
That is why I want Novatouch :)

Muirium
µ

11 Feb 2023, 10:04

Strange to think the rattly old NovaTouch—abandoned by both its parents more or less at birth—would be the one valued over its authentic Topre half-sibling. So much for that bright MX Mount future they had for a while there!

phinix

11 Feb 2023, 10:50

Muirium wrote:
Strange to think the rattly old NovaTouch—abandoned by both its parents more or less at birth—would be the one valued over its authentic Topre half-sibling. So much for that bright MX Mount future they had for a while there!
Well said :)
It is strange, as to be honest my feeling is that Topre is best with topre caps. I only used mx topre with SA caps. For some reason I felt that topre mx feels great with big SA caps, but when I put GMK on it, it felt less nice than original topre caps. If you know what I mean.
That is why topre MX is only for SA for me - it feels right, best switch for SA.

wobbled

11 Feb 2023, 13:45

phinix wrote:
Muirium wrote:
It is strange, as to be honest my feeling is that Topre is best with topre caps. I only used mx topre with SA caps. For some reason I felt that topre mx feels great with big SA caps, but when I put GMK on it, it felt less nice than original topre caps. If you know what I mean.
That is why topre MX is only for SA for me - it feels right, best switch for SA.
Completely agree with this, except I'd switch out SA for MT3

phinix

11 Feb 2023, 17:53

wobbled wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 13:45
phinix wrote:
Muirium wrote:
Completely agree with this, except I'd switch out SA for MT3
Well yes, MT3 is almost tthe same, still high profile, heavier cap.
I'm waiting for Drop to fix MT3 Retro/Commodore kits and re-do the round. Hoping for full brown kit and some proper Commodore logo caps. :D Plus, I dont mind an extra mods in burgundy. Ideally I want SA Retro SO BAD, but it won't happen any time soon. There were rumors that SIgnature Plastics were in the making of new round few years ago, but nothing came up the surface...

Return to “For sale”