[Sold][EU-DE] Key Tronic Corp.19790

TNT

02 Mar 2023, 00:49

Hey y'all,

I'm trying to get rid of boards that are gathering dust in my closet. Personally, I don't see that much value in collecting boards, if I can't actually use them.

This KeyTronic Corp. 19790 is the oldest board I own. Quite the unique thing... It once belonged to Seebart and is therefore the exact same one depicted on the Wiki page here.

Image (Picture by Seebart)

This thing is built like a tank. Full metal exterior, massive cable.Seebart posted lots of photoswhen he dismantled it back then.
The switches in this are (vintage) capacitive Foam and Foil, except for the three with a locklight. Those are Keytronic Magnetic Reed switches. The keycaps are beautiful, spherical ABS doubleshots. The stabilizers on the spacebar are broken off, unfortunately. It shouldn't be too hard to replace those though, since they seem to be just a simple plastic insert with a hole (comparable with g.e. this.).

I thoroughly cleaned it when I got it and replaced all the capacitive pads with new ones from Texelec. It is not converted since I have no experience with figuring out protocols and I don't wanna chop up the PCB...

Here are some old pictures of the broken stab:

Spoiler:

If you need any more specific photos, let me know and I will add them here. Nothing really changed about the keyboard, since it sat in a cardboard box ever since I got it (with the exception for its brief appearance at this year's Mechanicon)

Quite unsure what to ask for, since this is such an ancient collectors piece. If I remember correctly, I paid around 100€ back when I got it. That said, I'd be much happier to give it into the hands of an enthusiast, rather than just shill it on ebay for the maximum sum. If you're in any way interested, just shoot me an offer. Atm I'm also looking for some boards, so if you have something from that list and are interested in a trade, hit me up ;)

I will also include the rest of the replacement pads.

I can ship worldwide with DHL. Shipping fee comes on top of the price for the board.

Thanks for reading and have a good one.
Last edited by TNT on 31 May 2023, 13:42, edited 2 times in total.

TNT

30 May 2023, 14:43

Bump, still available. Will take pretty much any offer. As long as this thing gets a good new home, I'm satisfied

JP!

30 May 2023, 15:29

pm'd

TNT

30 May 2023, 23:01

responded 👍

John Doe

31 May 2023, 07:25

Will PM u days or weeks later if its still available at that time, very interested in having hands on such a tank but I'm quite broke at this timepoint, sadly.

GLWS.

TNT

31 May 2023, 13:40

Thanks! Sorry for the bad news, but it's already sold and about to be shipped.

Return to “For sale”