WTS/T Teletype Model 80 keyboards, multiple available

headphone_jack

18 May 2023, 04:46

Last March I acquired fourteen Model 80 Teletype keyboards. They were being stored in a shed, alongside plenty of other tech trash, outside of a long lines facility in upstate New York. Just my luck, squirrels had built a nest inside of the boxes, filling many of the keyboards with droppings and acorns. I've given them all a light cleaning to get surface crud off, but they will all need to be deep cleaned and restored. I've rehomed many since in private group buys, but as I'm moving out in a few months I want to get the rest to good homes as well.

I have five units available, in varying conditions. These are the ones that didn't get picked out during the initial purchasing round, so they're some of the roughest condition wise I have.

The semicolon switch and cap are missing on this one.
1.jpg
1.jpg (129.28 KiB) Viewed 1716 times

The erase input key has been replaced by a blocker.
2.jpg
2.jpg (122.34 KiB) Viewed 1716 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (135.47 KiB) Viewed 1716 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (116.03 KiB) Viewed 1716 times

Many switches have been replaced, however most notably on the 7 key where the switch has been replaced with a black, stiffer, and much shorter travel version of the normal switch. It feels quite unpleasant. I've ultrasonically cleaned the caps on this one.
5.jpg
5.jpg (123.78 KiB) Viewed 1716 times
*Note: Some keys have been taped over with Scotch tape. These are keys that broke off from the long and fragile stems. I haven't experimented with reattaching these broken off keys, so assume uncharted territory when buying.

**Note: The mounts are mostly MX compatible. However I have trouble with some artisans and a few other caps cracking when put on these keys so again, procced at your own peril.

I am strongly preferring trades for these boards. During the private group buy I was accepting offers on a "pay what you want" basis, and I intend to keep that price scheme for this run as well. However, I am very much hoping for trades on these, really any offer is acceptable. If interested, feel free to PM me which unit you're interested in. Shipping is from the CONUS.

Return to “For sale”