gkubed

07 Dec 2017, 20:01

Khers wrote:
gkubed wrote:
matt3o wrote: let's make this thing clear. I don't rerun it because

1) there's not enough interest. the first run made it by a whisker
2) SP SA tooling is booked until January 2123
Wow. Great business for SP.

Am I wrong in thinking you had said a long time ago you wouldn't run PuLSE again, but you did? If that's true, what conditions changed that? If I were to guess, it's that the interest for it was huge. Either way I'm thankful, because I picked up $250 in PuLSE in R2.
Pulse is mito's set, so matt3o had nothing to do with it.
Hah! How wrong I was. It's been a while :lol:

mecano

07 Dec 2017, 20:40

matt3o wrote:
phinix wrote: I PMed you on geekhack about it.
How did you measure the interest? Did you run a IC for round2?
it's unrealistic to think that it could go much better than round 1 the "retro" franchise is very niche. Even if there was interest I'm not willing to wait 1 year for SP tooling to become available again.
And what about nuclear data? I'd be in for white on OAS R3 arrows only but hey.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Dec 2017, 08:25

I never cared about numbers or success (or lack of) of other keycap sets. I design sets that I don't just LIKE but that I WANT to use.

That being said, the keycaps economy changed in recent years. You could sell 100 sets and call it a success 4 years ago, now you can't. Every smaller child set needs to reach at the very least 50. SA Retro base kit is even pad printed, so it's more expensive and it's very unlikely to sell 250 of them. And I'm not willing to sell through Massdrop.

Nuclear Data is set to be released again at Signature Plastic. They told me August of this ending year, but it will more likely August of the next.

mecano

08 Dec 2017, 09:03

Thanks for the infos matt3o ;)

phinix

30 Dec 2017, 21:44

matt3o wrote:
Nuclear Data is set to be released again at Signature Plastic. They told me August of this ending year, but it will more likely August of the next.
Sounds good then!
We can wait another year for it, no problem there:)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

02 Jan 2018, 19:16

SA Retro is tentatively set for Summer 2018

zslane

02 Jan 2018, 19:18

WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT?
snoopy_dance.gif
snoopy_dance.gif (99.51 KiB) Viewed 13278 times

zslane

02 Jan 2018, 19:19

Actually, I probably shouldn't get too excited until matt3o confirms that SA Retro round2 will have the PETSCII legends...

matt3o
-[°_°]-

02 Jan 2018, 19:32

it will be PETSCII only

phinix

02 Jan 2018, 23:03

Well, smack my ass and call my Judy!!! :o :o :o

My body is ready.

For at least 3 sets:D

Thanks Matt3o!!!!

Would i go via Massdrop? Or SP shop? GB?

Where should we expect the announcement?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Jan 2018, 07:51

it will be directly from SP. I gave them permission to reprint them, so it's official. They'll try to make them in summer but it could be later in the year. We'll know better around May/June I guess.

In the meantime Nuclear Data is officially in production (and midnight will be soon :) )

Scarpia

03 Jan 2018, 10:51

matt3o wrote: it will be directly from SP. I gave them permission to reprint them, so it's official. They'll try to make them in summer but it could be later in the year. We'll know better around May/June I guess.

In the meantime Nuclear Data is officially in production (and midnight will be soon :) )
:shock: :!: :!: :!:

THANK YOU matt3o! Both Nuclear Data and SA Retro are endgame keysets for me (as well as Granite 4 Alps, which I managed to get when it ran) so this news is definitely going to lighten my wallet. Even with near-zero interest in Cherry MX compatible switches (though I just tried Kailh box whites and they are kind of tempting), I *need* these. NEED them.

phinix

03 Jan 2018, 16:14

matt3o wrote: it will be directly from SP. I gave them permission to reprint them, so it's official. They'll try to make them in summer but it could be later in the year. We'll know better around May/June I guess.

Nuclear Data in production?
Does it mean that soon SP will have them in stock for sale in their shop?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

04 Jan 2018, 23:51

phinix wrote: Nuclear Data in production?
yes

phinix

05 Jan 2018, 11:10

matt3o wrote:
phinix wrote: Nuclear Data in production?
yes
By their shop, do you mean this one? :

https://pimpmykeyboard.com/keysets/

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Jan 2018, 11:29

phinix wrote: By their shop, do you mean this one? :

YES!

phinix

05 Jan 2018, 11:31

matt3o wrote:
phinix wrote: By their shop, do you mean this one? :

YES!
THANKS!

aspenc4

27 Jan 2018, 00:35

matt3o wrote:it will be directly from SP. I gave them permission to reprint them, so it's official. They'll try to make them in summer but it could be later in the year. We'll know better around May/June I guess.
)
Very gracious of you to pass this on to the community; I can’t wait to pick up the kits I’m missing!

This got me thinking though - does the permission granted apply to DSA Retro as well? I certainly wouldn’t want to kick a gift horse in the mouth and definitely appreciate you letting them rerun SA, but I’d love to know if I’ll ever have an opportunity at DSA someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Jan 2018, 08:12

aspenc4 wrote: This got me thinking though - does the permission granted apply to DSA Retro as well? I certainly wouldn’t want to kick a gift horse in the mouth and definitely appreciate you letting them rerun SA, but I’d love to know if I’ll ever have an opportunity at DSA someday.
SA Retro is in the work, DSA is currently not planned.

aspenc4

27 Jan 2018, 09:11

matt3o wrote:
aspenc4 wrote: This got me thinking though - does the permission granted apply to DSA Retro as well? I certainly wouldn’t want to kick a gift horse in the mouth and definitely appreciate you letting them rerun SA, but I’d love to know if I’ll ever have an opportunity at DSA someday.
SA Retro is in the work, DSA is currently not planned.
Eh, it was a worth a shot. Thanks for the quick response!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

packman86

12 Feb 2018, 20:47

matt3o wrote: SA Retro is tentatively set for Summer 2018
Thank you so much! I have wanted this keyset since I got into the hobby and I am very excited to get a chance to finally buy it.

romevi

13 Feb 2018, 16:34

Still waiting on my Burgundy Num Pad from round 1, but will gladly buy another set of the base. Will add PETSCI and Lime, too.

phinix

14 Feb 2018, 15:08

I can't wait to SP release those two sets...

ARSLOCK

07 Mar 2018, 14:13

Do you know if it is going to be an all R3 run this time or will it be sculpted? Any idea on quantity for this run?

packman86

08 Mar 2018, 03:58

ARSLOCK wrote:

Do you know if it is going to be an all R3 run this time or will it be sculpted? Any idea on quantity for this run?
Please be sculpted!!

Bob

08 Mar 2018, 23:12

packman86 wrote:
ARSLOCK wrote:

Please be sculpted!!
Please don't be! I've been waiting years for this to rerun so I ca fill out my Access-IS. Just not enough unscuplted SA sets get produced.

packman86

29 Mar 2018, 18:49

Nuclear Data already sold out.

SA Retro hopefully coming soon!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Mar 2018, 17:56

they will be producing more nuclear in the coming months

zslane

30 Mar 2018, 18:42

The nice thing about a set being on PMK is that as long as there is demand, they will keep putting it back into their production schedule.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Mar 2018, 20:05

no, this is not the case of Nuclear data. There was an error in production, instead of 300 they made 100. They will make the remaining 200 soon.

Return to “Want to buy”