Focus FK-555 with blue Alps

Chyros

04 Dec 2018, 16:09

For once, it doesn't matter if it's not clean! I want to do a restoration video (along with some experiments I want to run) for Alps switches and this is a perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. And of course there will also be an FK-555 review and a TDXL!

Let me know if anyone has a Focus 555 with blue Alps :) .

(a clean one is also not a problem, then I'll get another project board xD)

ZedTheMan

04 Dec 2018, 19:37

Ah man Chyros, I almost would have been able to hit you up on this offer, but the blue Alps FK-555 I was going to have got lost in the mail. (The tracking number has been active for 4 months now with no update, they haven't been able to find it)

abrahamstechnology

05 Dec 2018, 03:57

Your doing restoration videos now? Nice!

Chyros

05 Dec 2018, 09:23

abrahamstechnology wrote: Your doing restoration videos now? Nice!
Well, I want to do some experiments on blue Alps in sub-par condition to see if and to what degree I can restore them, and THEN make a video about the findings (as an update to my now rather outdated Alps restoration video). I also need a blue Alps FK-555. Seems like a good way to combine the two :D .

Chyros

05 Dec 2018, 09:24

ZedTheMan wrote: Ah man Chyros, I almost would have been able to hit you up on this offer, but the blue Alps FK-555 I was going to have got lost in the mail. (The tracking number has been active for 4 months now with no update, they haven't been able to find it)
Goddammit! xD

The post is fucking me over of late, I NEARLY lost two almost irreplaceable boards in the mail recently as well!

bronz

05 Dec 2018, 09:54

Someone in post office seems to also like vintage mechanical keyboards :o :shock:

Chyros

23 Dec 2018, 01:54

Let's bump this up again.

fohat
Elder Messenger

23 Dec 2018, 02:12

Chyros wrote:
The post is fucking me over of late, I NEARLY lost two almost irreplaceable boards in the mail recently as well!
You have to give the US Post Office credit. People love to hate on them, but they almost always come through, eventually.

Chyros

17 Jan 2019, 16:14

plz halp guys D:

imdatperson

17 Jan 2019, 22:58

So hard to get a hold of any blue alps nowadays :(

cineraphael

05 Feb 2019, 16:34

imdatperson wrote:
Way too many non Alp keyboard enthusiast destroy them just because they think they are junk! White Alp probably next to become rare. and then probably a Cherry MX vintage black too!

imdatperson

05 Feb 2019, 21:09

cineraphael wrote:
05 Feb 2019, 16:34
imdatperson wrote:
Way too many non Alp keyboard enthusiast destroy them just because they think they are junk! White Alp probably next to become rare. and then probably a Cherry MX vintage black too!
I wouldn't doubt it :(

Return to “Want to buy”