Cherry R5 1u Caps

mcmaxmcmc

07 Dec 2018, 07:55

I bought an OG double-shot WKL set, thinking of making a WKL keyboard... but then I realized that I really want my windows key, so I would like a couple of these to fill that hole.

The R5 row mentioned (or the A row as Cherry called it) is the very bottom row that exists in OG Cherry caps but are quite uncommon on new custom sets.

The best caps for this would be the Windows and Menu key, but Right and Left arrow keys will do fine too. I would rather not take the . key however, since it's not gray like the rest of the modifiers.

I don't really care whether it's laser-oblated, pad-printed, double-shot, or dye-sublimated, as long as it's R5.

Willing to negotiate.

Thanks for reading!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Dec 2018, 11:54

As far as I am aware at the moment (but someone could correct me),
the only keyboard having 1u Windows caps in A profile is the Alcatel MMK keyboard,
but the Menu cap is B profile and they exist only as one-colour sets (both grey, as shown in the wiki, and beige).

On the other hand, they have two other interesting symbol caps in A profile (on either side of Numpad 0),
but those also are the lighter colour.

The two windowed symbol caps at the far right bottom are darker, but probably too dark.
Their symbols are bad pad print which is easy to remove.

I have several incomplete sets and can have a look at what I have in my storage place if you're interested,
but am afraid it will take a few days.

Prelim

07 Dec 2018, 12:27

maybe he is referring to the beige R5 Cherry profile caps available through some GBs and shop (IMSTO), which is something that I'm looking for:

source GB: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=64188.0
Last edited by Prelim on 07 Dec 2018, 12:37, edited 2 times in total.

t8c

07 Dec 2018, 12:28

Blue Alert featured R5 1u bottom row, however it did not feature a 1u menu key.

https://www.originativeco.com/products/blue-alert

Hammers new BSP replica has R5 but it will be a while before it will be available.

mcmaxmcmc

08 Dec 2018, 05:02

kbdfr wrote: As far as I am aware at the moment (but someone could correct me),
the only keyboard having 1u Windows caps in A profile is the Alcatel MMK keyboard,
but the Menu cap is B profile and they exist only as one-colour sets (both grey, as shown in the wiki, and beige).

On the other hand, they have two other interesting symbol caps in A profile (on either side of Numpad 0),
but those also are the lighter colour.

The two windowed symbol caps at the far right bottom are darker, but probably too dark.
Their symbols are bad pad print which is easy to remove.

I have several incomplete sets and can have a look at what I have in my storage place if you're interested,
but am afraid it will take a few days.
Please do! I'm not in much of a hurry, so time won't be a problem. Thanks! :D

mcmaxmcmc

11 Dec 2018, 19:46

I'll just bump this for now.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

13 Dec 2018, 17:33

kbdfr wrote: […] Alcatel MMK keyboard […] two other interesting symbol caps in A profile (on either side of Numpad 0) […] two windowed symbol caps at the far right bottom […]
Fetched the 4 caps mentioned and put them on a classic G80-3000 with A profile bottom row for colour comparison.
I then made a photo with my old cell phone under office lighting, but…

it turned out being such a deplorable example of my photographic skills at their worst that I put it in a spoiler,
which readers should open only if they are psychologically resilient enough to suffer a serious shock.
I'll try to take another photo tomorrow, hoping the sun will shine and my miserable phtographic skills will have improved :lol:
Spoiler:
MMK caps on G80-3000.jpg
MMK caps on G80-3000.jpg (139.32 KiB) Viewed 3346 times

mcmaxmcmc

14 Dec 2018, 02:24

Thanks man! Yeah, better pictures would definitely help. I'm definitely interested in those.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

14 Dec 2018, 15:08

Still far from perfect (wondering where the reddish hue comes from), but visualizes at least that there is a difference to the classic theme:
Alcatel MMK caps.JPG
Alcatel MMK caps.JPG (266.49 KiB) Viewed 3313 times

mcmaxmcmc

15 Dec 2018, 22:00

Oh, interesting. Didn't notice that in the first picture. Knowing that that'll piss me off later, I'll take the arrow keys then. PM me for pricing and stuff.

mcmaxmcmc

31 Dec 2018, 05:18

Bump. At this point I'm just looking for the R5 Arrow keys.

Return to “Want to buy”