IBM Model M Relegendable Keycaps

Fkazim

07 May 2019, 11:21

Hi I would like to buy a nice clean set of IBM Model M relegendable keycaps for my IBM Model M Keyboard any help in obtaining these would me much appreciated Thanks.

unoquepasa

07 May 2019, 11:30

Fkazim

07 May 2019, 12:01

Thanks a lot have been looking for these for quite a long time and these ones are cheap and in good condition really appreciate it :D

unoquepasa

07 May 2019, 17:16

Fkazim wrote:
07 May 2019, 12:01
Thanks a lot have been looking for these for quite a long time and these ones are cheap and in good condition really appreciate it :D
You are welcome!

depletedvespene

07 May 2019, 19:31

YMMV (YMWSV), but I'd rather go for the Fentek keycaps. See my post on this issue.

Fkazim

07 May 2019, 21:22

As far as I knew Fentek stopped making keycaps for the model M but on another not I really wanted to get my hands on one of those Desktority keycaps in red you got any spare you would consider selling me?

Or can you link me where I can purchase them.

Thanks.

hellothere

14 Dec 2021, 19:05

I know. Necromancing. I was, however, looking for a thread regarding relegendables.

Fentek is still making relegendables for IBM ($17.50 for 10) and Cherry/MX mount ($10 for 10). I've sent an e-mail to see if they have the same for Alps.

Fentek also has Alps novelty ESC keys, but no DT ones. Different color Model M caps, though!

Muirium
µ

15 Dec 2021, 11:50

You take 12 points necrotic damage. But good into, nevertheless. Got links for ordering them?

hellothere

16 Dec 2021, 16:49

https://www.fentek-ind.com/keys.htm. It's the page for ordering any of the caps I mentioned. Sorry 'bout that. I thought I put in the link ... or I did and the forum just ate it.

I didn't receive a response from Fentek as to whether they have relegendable Alps caps. ATM, I'm just interested in their availability, not necessarily for a current project.

headphone_jack

17 Dec 2021, 18:28

Alps relegendables do exist, I have several. Let me see if I can find the Ali link when I get home.

zrrion

17 Dec 2021, 21:12

Ellipse

25 Jun 2022, 04:26

Just wanted to leave this note here that you can currently get transparent relegendable Model F / Model M key tops made from brand new molds as part of the Brand New Model F project I am coordinating: https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/product ... -cap-stem/

Mine are exact reproductions of the IBM 4704 caps.

Return to “Want to buy”