[WTB] NMB Space Invader Keycaps

dr_derivative

04 Aug 2019, 20:55

I have half a set of Space Invader keycaps that I'm trying to turn into a full set. The keycaps I have were harvested from a keyboard that was unfortunately well beyond repair. I'm looking for the missing keys so I can use them to build a modern TKL with Space Invader switches.

I'm looking for all the yellow keycaps in the image below. I don't mind using an ANSI enter instead, although ISO is probably easier to find. I just want to avoid a big ass enter if at all possible.

Muirium
µ

04 Aug 2019, 20:58

How are you going to build a space invader board?

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

04 Aug 2019, 20:59

A space invaders TKL would be awesome. I might be able to help you out with the caps. I'll post back later today once I locate the couple of SI donor boards I have.

dr_derivative

04 Aug 2019, 21:15

Muirium wrote:
04 Aug 2019, 20:58
How are you going to build a space invader board?
I'll design a custom plate and PCB once I have keycaps and I know exactly what layout I'm working with :)
snacksthecat wrote:
04 Aug 2019, 20:59
A space invaders TKL would be awesome. I might be able to help you out with the caps. I'll post back later today once I locate the couple of SI donor boards I have.
Awesome :D

Muirium
µ

04 Aug 2019, 21:50

Awesome indeed! I've wanted a TKL Space Invader ever since I first tried one. The clicky blacks are a superb switch, and the caps have an excellent shape. Just a shame they went extinct.

elecplus

04 Aug 2019, 22:59

I have parts boards for sale, but the site went down about 30 min ago. When it comes back up, go to keyboards, switch type NMB.

dr_derivative

04 Aug 2019, 23:31

elecplus wrote:
04 Aug 2019, 22:59
I have parts boards for sale, but the site went down about 30 min ago. When it comes back up, go to keyboards, switch type NMB.
I saw that, it was your post on /r/mechmarket that reminded me about this. Unfortunately, the shipping cost for a full keyboard was almost double the cost of the board itself. Is there any chance you'd be willing to sell just the keycaps?

elecplus

05 Aug 2019, 00:43

Sure, but the website is GONE. Damn hackers! PM me your info, and we can make it happen, as long as you are in the EU.

fohat
Elder Messenger

05 Aug 2019, 01:12

I once swapped a full set of switches and it was a nightmare.

NMB Hi-Teks have mere wires for legs, and no strain relief. I wrecked at least 5%-10% of them trying to get them in and out.

macboarder

08 Aug 2019, 15:47

I have a tactile invaders board with Norwegian ISO layout if that's something that you can use.

TheInverseKey

08 Aug 2019, 16:57

I have a full set of ISO DEC style. I don't know what set you are trying to match originally because not all caps were made using the same colourway. If you can post a picture of the caps that you currently have I can see what I have that matches.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

09 Aug 2019, 19:20

I pulled a couple of boards but for the mods and spacebar you're gonna need an rt-101. I think I have a couple but I take forever to follow up with people (sorry).

In any case, I wanted to share this ebay listing that just popped up.

[removed]

I for sure have a bunch of small left shifts.

Return to “Want to buy”