[WTB] profiled relegendable keycaps

katamari

19 Aug 2019, 11:06

Hello Everyone.
I am looking for relegendable (windowed) keycaps (for maximum customizability!! :ugeek: )
Currently I use some flat top Tipro keys but the lack of profile is really anticlimatic.

I remember the retro DSA kit from 2013 offered profiled windowed caps, but nowadays it seems very complicated to find :?

Any clue or offer would be appreciated ;)

Edit: changed "windowed" to relegendable :roll:
Last edited by katamari on 19 Aug 2019, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

19 Aug 2019, 11:17

How many? I’ve a handful of DSA (or similar?) profile blank caps with LED windows. They’re vintage, of unknown origin. Could well be ancient Cherry sphericals.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Aug 2019, 12:01

I take it that by windowed keycaps, you rather mean relegendable keycaps.

In that case, you can have a look there:
https://pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-relegend ... ack-of-10/
although most colours are out of stock

katamari

19 Aug 2019, 12:03

Oh, thanks to your answer i see my request is ambiguous, I meant a label window (to insert a paper label in the switch), not an LED window. Like so:

If this has a different name, please tell me, i might help me find some on the interwebs :)

katamari

19 Aug 2019, 12:03

Haha, i was too slow. Tiproman saves the day once again!!
you truly are my hero :D

PS: now to make things a bit more complicated: same request but with alps stem :?:

Muirium
µ

19 Aug 2019, 12:12

So, is there such a thing as (MX mount) relegendable caps which aren’t flat? Those Tipro ones are too…
katamari wrote:
anticlimatic.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Aug 2019, 12:40

Muirium wrote:
So, is there such a thing as (MX mount) relegendable caps which aren’t flat? Those Tipro ones are too anticlimactic…
There are other Tipro relegendables with a (hardly perceptible) cylindrical profile, see the left one:
Relegendables.jpg
Relegendables.jpg (207.63 KiB) Viewed 2408 times
I also have a few caps of unknown origin which are quite identical to (third from left) )Tipro MID relegendables (except that they have a slightly rounded bottom edge instead of being square in shape) but where the transparent tops are definitely cylindrical.

And I know of ESC row keycaps with a cylindrical top instead of the flat one in the pic above (second from left).
Unfortunately, I have no clue where they come from or where to get some (thanks for any tips!)

katamari

19 Aug 2019, 17:03

Muirium wrote:
So, is there such a thing as (MX mount) relegendable caps which aren’t flat? Those Tipro ones are too…
katamari wrote:
anticlimatic.
I like my keycaps kike i like my women: curvy and willing to open up to me :lol:

Muirium
µ

19 Aug 2019, 18:26

A fine recipe!

Quite what my thing for ruthlessly sharp Helvetica dyesubs says about my other choices, I have no idea…

Return to “Want to buy”