[WTB] IBM Unsaver & M15 & Beamspring

Paco666

17 Jan 2020, 00:45

Hi! I have a 5251 that I’m looking to sell, it’s fully restored and is in great shape. Send me a pm and I’ll be glad to send you some pictures and any information needed!

aftergen

17 Jan 2020, 16:11

Paco666 wrote:
17 Jan 2020, 00:45
Hi! I have a 5251 that I’m looking to sell, it’s fully restored and is in great shape. Send me a pm and I’ll be glad to send you some pictures and any information needed!
I've sent you PM. Thanks.

aftergen

03 Feb 2020, 03:27

Now, I'm very looking for a IBM Model F 104 Unsaver. Thanks!

(And I couldn't buy a IBM M15 and a Beamspring 5251 through this site.
If you are interested in selling me a M15 or well restored 5251 (or very good original condition 5251)
please send me PM.
Thanks!)

dimpleschan

08 Feb 2020, 15:14

Just posted a m15

aftergen

09 Feb 2020, 02:00

dimpleschan wrote:
08 Feb 2020, 15:14
Just posted a m15

Thanks!
But I want to buy very good condition.

wobbled

09 Feb 2020, 02:52

E3E wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 05:57
This thread is a demonstration of users who have seemingly forgotten how to PM others.

This is a WTB thread, not a discussion thread. I appreciate that the dialog is filled with dismissive bullshit that misses the point and contributes nothing, but let's get back on track, eh?
Last time I checked we were free to discuss anything we want?

E3E

09 Feb 2020, 03:12

wobbled wrote:
E3E wrote:
This thread is a demonstration of users who have seemingly forgotten how to PM others.

This is a WTB thread, not a discussion thread. I appreciate that the dialog is filled with dismissive bullshit that misses the point and contributes nothing, but let's get back on track, eh?
The annoyance was with how everyone piled on the buyer here because of their interest in rare boards. The conversation that actually contributes to things, that's fine. Several of these boards have sold. An unsaver sold privately less than a year ago.

Maybe it's all in good fun, but it seemed like it was just a bunch of shit posting in the beginning.

Delirious

09 Feb 2020, 03:36

wobbled wrote:
E3E wrote:

Do you go to a shop/store without any intention of buying or selling, but instead stand in the middle of the store and start trolling, distracting the shop from conducting any business? That's poor etiquette. Same goes with this thread so stop derailing from the OP's intention, and that is buying.

If you have a lead, then post here. If you want to express your opinions that has nothing to do with helping the OP, make your own thread. Same goes with kmnov2017 and depletedvespene.

codemonkeymike

09 Feb 2020, 03:58

I can assure you people sell rare keyboards, I have purchased a handful of keyboards from members here

wobbled

10 Feb 2020, 14:10

Delirious wrote:
wobbled wrote:
E3E wrote:

Do you go to a shop/store without any intention of buying or selling, but instead stand in the middle of the store and start trolling, distracting the shop from conducting any business? That's poor etiquette. Same goes with this thread so stop derailing from the OP's intention, and that is buying.

If you have a lead, then post here. If you want to express your opinions that has nothing to do with helping the OP, make your own thread. Same goes with kmnov2017 and depletedvespene.
This is the internet where we can discuss anything we want, whenever we want.
I know it's hard to hear but the third Reich ended a long time ago. I will continue expressing my opinions.
Many thanks!

kmnov2017

10 Feb 2020, 15:25

wobbled wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 14:10
Delirious wrote:
wobbled wrote:

This is the internet where we can discuss anything we want, whenever we want.
I know it's hard to hear but the third Reich ended a long time ago. I will continue expressing my opinions.
Many thanks!
Ditto. Couldn't agree more.

zrrion

10 Feb 2020, 19:24

Can you be huge jerks, yes, should you, no. "I'm allowed to be the worst wherever I want" is a stupid hill to dye on.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

10 Feb 2020, 19:38

I'd consider trading one of these three boards for a Space Cadet. If you happen to have a Space Cadet send me a PM.

I'd maybe consider trading for a working Optimus Maximus plus cash.

Don't really want to get rid of these boards. Money alone isn't that much of a motivation since it's easier for me to find more money than find more of these boards. What have you got?

wobbled

10 Feb 2020, 19:52

zrrion wrote:
Can you be huge jerks, yes, should you, no. "I'm allowed to be the worst wherever I want" is a stupid hill to dye on.
It's not about being 'jerks' but I'm glad to see you've decided to act mature by dishing out the insults. It's more to do with us expressing distaste over just how crap this hobby is becoming thanks to both greedy sellers, and OTT buyers.

You know where to go if you don't like what you're reading.

zrrion

10 Feb 2020, 19:54

I can name call in this thread if I want :p

wobbled

10 Feb 2020, 20:04

zrrion wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 19:54
I can name call in this thread if I want :p
By doing so you'll have demonstrated how hypocritical you are, as you've just given me shit for 'hijacking' a thread.
Long story short: I'll say whatever I want. Deal with it.

Delirious

10 Feb 2020, 20:55

wobbled wrote:
zrrion wrote:
It's not about being 'jerks' but I'm glad to see you've decided to act mature by dishing out the insults. It's more to do with us expressing distaste over just how crap this hobby is becoming thanks to both greedy sellers, and OTT buyers.

Our 5 bucks are another man’s 5 thousand bucks. Money is relative, it is a depressing fact but a fact regardless. So in your own word, “Deal with it”. Maybe life would be much more agreeable and less-intrusive if you could just be happy with what you have and not judging another man’s wealth based on your standard of wealth.

Secondly nobody was calling names until you started it. E3E reminded you guys initially. You somehow decided to trade words with him, derailing the thread further. I then reminded you again about the OP’s intention of buying, this time straight up telling you that your back-and-forth is poor etiquette. You decided to compare me to the Third Reich. You went there first, while everyone tried to tell you to take off-topic discussion elsewhere.

This is the last time I respond to this thread because I am now part of the problem. If you want more bantering I would gladly entertain you in a separate thread. As of now XMIT proposes a trade so let’s leave this thread to the buyer and the sellers. No need for the last words.

wobbled

10 Feb 2020, 23:57

Delirious wrote:
wobbled wrote:
zrrion wrote:

Our 5 bucks are another man’s 5 thousand bucks. Money is relative, it is a depressing fact but a fact regardless. So in your own word, “Deal with it”. Maybe life would be much more agreeable and less-intrusive if you could just be happy with what you have and not judging another man’s wealth based on your standard of wealth.

Secondly nobody was calling names until you started it. E3E reminded you guys initially. You somehow decided to trade words with him, derailing the thread further. I then reminded you again about the OP’s intention of buying, this time straight up telling you that your back-and-forth is poor etiquette. You decided to compare me to the Third Reich. You went there first, while everyone tried to tell you to take off-topic discussion elsewhere.

This is the last time I respond to this thread because I am now part of the problem. If you want more bantering I would gladly entertain you in a separate thread. As of now XMIT proposes a trade so let’s leave this thread to the buyer and the sellers. No need for the last words.
You really do have way too much time on your hands. As I said before, I will continue to express my opinions whenever, and wherever I want.
I'd say I appreciate your concern, but I honestly don't.

zrrion

11 Feb 2020, 00:25

getaloadofthisguy.jpg

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

17 Feb 2020, 19:22

Delirious wrote:
XMIT proposes a trade so let’s leave this thread to the buyer and the sellers. No need for the last words.
My trade offer was a sincere one. I've not heard back from OP.

Raumfahrer

17 Feb 2020, 19:37

good luck with the search, I have have found great and rare boards from some members here

Ace
§

26 Feb 2020, 13:46

wobbled wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 00:04
depletedvespene wrote:
12 Jan 2020, 23:37
Remember when five hundred bucks was considered too much to pay for an Unsaver? (this was at about the same time I got yelled at for spending 250 for an F122 in excellent shape, as well)
That was back when the hobby was great, but was starting to get ridiculous.
This hobby was taken over by greedy ass holes, and I think a lot of people are losing interest. Or maybe it's just me :lol:
I was active in this community back in 2015, and it was quite the ride. But other, more pressing concerns gradually took over and I almost completely left. I remember Redmaus being a new member just as empty-handed as me back then.

Clearly, things have changed. Call me crazy, but I didn’t expect boards that were 30 years old to hyper-inflate in a 5 year time-span. But, they did. I feel like an absolute joker for asking/looking around the past few days and expecting to get a F122 or Unsaver for under $500.

I think it’s time to try and get into modern switches that are not only actively being produced, but improved upon too, or settle for a Model M, or (best option tbh) just leave the hobby again without ever getting back into it at all.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

26 Feb 2020, 16:37

Ace wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 13:46
I was active in this community back in 2015, and it was quite the ride. But other, more pressing concerns gradually took over and I almost completely left. I remember Redmaus being a new member just as empty-handed as me back then.

Clearly, things have changed. Call me crazy, but I didn’t expect boards that were 30 years old to hyper-inflate in a 5 year time-span. But, they did. I feel like an absolute joker for asking/looking around the past few days and expecting to get a F122 or Unsaver for under $500.

I think it’s time to try and get into modern switches that are not only actively being produced, but improved upon too, or settle for a Model M, or (best option tbh) just leave the hobby again without ever getting back into it at all.
I remember. Somehow, I was able to get a passionate and kind forum member to sell me his Unsaver for $150 because we both shared a love for modding. There is no way I would be able to get my dream board otherwise, and today I think it would be impossible unless I was OP offered thousands of dollars.
I agree with the people stating that the hobby has been tainted by people looking to find the most profit, regardless of the harm to the market and community. But since now it has become the status quo so less and less users keep prices sane.

Ace
§

26 Feb 2020, 16:49

Redmaus wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 16:37
I remember. Somehow, I was able to get a passionate and kind forum member to sell me his Unsaver for $150 because we both shared a love for modding. There is no way I would be able to get my dream board otherwise, and today I think it would be impossible unless I was OP offered thousands of dollars.
I agree with the people stating that the hobby has been tainted by people looking to find the most profit, regardless of the harm to the market and community. But since now it has become the status quo so less and less users keep prices sane.
We should probably pick this conversation up in PMs sometime, but while I’ve got you here, what’s the consensus on Ellipse’s Model F replica project? I know he started that in 2015 while I was still active, but I haven’t kept up with it or heard anything since. If the boards are quality, at least that helps to remove the desire for the F62 and F77 from the market. I remember those particular boards were obscenely expensive even back then, just due to the insane rarity.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

26 Feb 2020, 16:58

Ace wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 16:49
We should probably pick this conversation up in PMs sometime, but while I’ve got you here, what’s the consensus on Ellipse’s Model F replica project? I know he started that in 2015 while I was still active, but I haven’t kept up with it or heard anything since. If the boards are quality, at least that helps to remove the desire for the F62 and F77 from the market. I remember those particular boards were obscenely expensive even back then, just due to the insane rarity.
I think its quite remarkable. I have a someone else's spot currently, and plan to get an F77. Let's coronavirus doesn't sabotage the manufacturing process :shock:

John Doe

11 Mar 2020, 06:15

Bit little curious about if OP has got what he wants in these days, maybe I'm officious...

aftergen

21 Nov 2020, 02:37

I'm waiting for good sellers.

'May God bless good sellers!'

I'm very looking for IBM Model F 104 Unsaver.

Or

I can trade my IBM Model M15 with keypad (Lexmark logo, opened new) for IBM Model F 104 Unsaver.

aftergen

13 Aug 2022, 11:32

Jacobalbertus1

23 Aug 2022, 00:18

Would have to say no one would trade unsaver for m15

aftergen

29 Aug 2022, 09:49

Jacobalbertus1 wrote:
23 Aug 2022, 00:18
Would have to say no one would trade unsaver for m15
I want to buy F 104 Unsaver.

Return to “Want to buy”