WTB/WTT For a WANG 724/725 keyboard with Alps SKCM

ZedTheMan

11 Feb 2020, 04:28

Hi DT,

I'm pretty happy with where my collection is at the moment, in basically all respects but one.

I need me a WANG.

You know, a big, heavy one, like this. wiki/Wang_725-3770
If anyone has one with Salmon or Orange Alps switches, in decent or better condition, I am interested.Also interested in boards with SKCM blacks, but only pine variety.

I have many things I am willing to trade for one, Omnikeys of various shapes, sizes and conditions, NMB boards, IBM... if you have one, let me know and I will offer. I can also offer paypal in addition to a trade, or on its own if the price is right.

Located in central US, reply below and PM if you've got one.

ZedTheMan

11 Feb 2020, 23:04

bump

adamcobabe

12 Feb 2020, 00:44

Sorry, I don't have one to sell, unfortunately. But, have to tell you about this one I just finished restoring. I've been looking for one for a long time too. There was a NOS Wang 725 on eBay recently that got away. Just about killed me. I found this one a couple of weeks later. It surprises me how much I love it. It has quickly become one of my favorite Alps boards in my collection. I took a gamble and didn't know which switches it had before purchasing. The plate looked gross when I took the keys off, but it was just gunk and cleaned up perfectly. The plate is virtually spotless now. It's got all the extra plastic bits that attach to the top, too. You can see a sliver of them in the corner of my image. Maybe the best part is the speaker that clicks quite satisfyingly when you press a key. It's a solid, well built board. I'll keep my eyes out for you. If I find another, I'll let you know.

ZedTheMan

12 Feb 2020, 01:13

Thanks for the info on it, it just makes me want one more, haha. I appreciate the offer to let me know if you find one.
Yours is beautiful.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

12 Feb 2020, 03:58

I sold mine in 2017 and now I'm sad. So it goes.

ZedTheMan

14 Feb 2020, 06:18

Bump.
For more reference: the Omnikey is an OmniMac Ultra with really good condition white alps, probably 9.5/10, quite similar to NOS I have in other Alps boards. Also have an Ultra T but that's in worse condition and dirty. If someone has one of these in good condition, I'll trade both for that one, or one +PayPal. Especially Orange Alps versions.

Also have M122s, and standard Ms, but I'm in the process of bolt modding those.

Ah hell, I'll even offer a trade for the whitefox with zealios and WoB Cherry doubleshots for a good condition orange Alps Wang.

ZedTheMan

16 Feb 2020, 04:20

Bump.

mcmaxmcmc

16 Feb 2020, 08:58

Welp, I got one to sell, but it has bamboo blacks :(

ZedTheMan

16 Feb 2020, 23:53

mcmaxmcmc wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 08:58
Welp, I got one to sell, but it has bamboo blacks :(
To be honest, I might still be interested. PM me with some details and maybe a couple of pictures? (or just message on discord, I know you hang around there)

ZedTheMan

21 Feb 2020, 16:45

Bumping

adamcobabe

22 Mar 2020, 03:26

Return to “Want to buy”