[WTB] A handful of SA keycaps

Palatino

25 Mar 2021, 22:10

Hello,
I'd like to buy or borrow just a few SA keycaps, cherry mount, to do a sound and feel comparison. Even just one would do, if anyone has any spares. Located in the UK, but the small size and weight would make postage from anywhere pretty low.
Thanks!

Muirium
µ

25 Mar 2021, 23:35

How about some Round 5 blanks? I've… got a few.

zrrion

26 Mar 2021, 02:29

what keyboard is it in that picture?

Muirium
µ

26 Mar 2021, 10:31

This?

A little Access IS matrix keyboard. 90 MX blacks with a hokey "programmable" controller that relies on ancient software to remap. This one's still stock, and actually spare if anyone wants it :lol:, but I did a non-destructive Teensy addition to another one for a friend, which made that one truly programmable and USB.

zrrion

26 Mar 2021, 20:10

I thought it looked a bit like an Access IS board. Mine had regular stagger, wasn't aware they had an ortho version. Its a shame their name isn't exactly the easiest to search as it is 2 common words (and from what I understand they're less common in the US anyway). Really like the look of the case.

Muirium
µ

31 Mar 2021, 12:32

Here's what it looks like now:
IMG_7254 copy.jpg
IMG_7254 copy.jpg (170.9 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
Quite compact for so many keys:
IMG_7252 copy.jpg
IMG_7252 copy.jpg (282.24 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
Those are Point Of Sale Round 5 kits, specifically for going on 2X switches at a time. The spacebar is a 4u Tipro compatible from Round 5. I really like the look, but I'm still to get around to putting that damn Bluetooth Adafruit Feather into it! I hear they can run QMK, there's hope, right?

Return to “Want to buy”