[WTB] MF68 PCB

serenitybomb

18 Apr 2021, 00:46

This is a long shot, but does anyone have a spare MF68 PCB they'd like to sell?

Rayndalf

18 Apr 2021, 11:20

I have a couple, do you want a stock PCB (with diodes for NKRO) or a Tragicforce PCB?

Muirium
µ

18 Apr 2021, 14:14

Tragicforce sounds like something out of Evangelion! But I see it's not.

serenitybomb

18 Apr 2021, 23:52

Rayndalf wrote:
I have a couple, do you want a stock PCB (with diodes for NKRO) or a Tragicforce PCB?
Oh wonderful! Whats the difference between the two, and does the Tragicforce work with stock MF68 qmk?

Rayndalf

19 Apr 2021, 02:19

serenitybomb wrote:
Rayndalf wrote:
Oh wonderful! Whats the difference between the two, and does the Tragicforce work with stock MF68 qmk?
As Muirium noted it's the kit from here https://keeb.io/products/mf68-magicforc ... cement-kit

The tragicforce PCB runs QMK and uses a promicro. I need to finish up some diodes before I can confirm it's working.

I'm not sure if the stock PCB is reprogrammable. It's better than the non NKRO PCBs my first MF68 had and the diodes make it possible to handwire to the rows and columns to a promicro and get it on QMK in a pinch.

I also have a completely disassembled MF68 (case, cap and stabs etc) and a second set of original caps.

I'll get a photo once I find it.

Findecanor

19 Apr 2021, 02:27

Muirium wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 14:14
Tragicforce sounds like something out of Evangelion! But I see it's not.
"Dark Lord of the Keeb". :roll:

serenitybomb

19 Apr 2021, 03:38

Rayndalf wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 02:19
serenitybomb wrote:
Rayndalf wrote:
As Muirium noted it's the kit from here https://keeb.io/products/mf68-magicforc ... cement-kit

The tragicforce PCB runs QMK and uses a promicro. I need to finish up some diodes before I can confirm it's working.

I'm not sure if the stock PCB is reprogrammable. It's better than the non NKRO PCBs my first MF68 had and the diodes make it possible to handwire to the rows and columns to a promicro and get it on QMK in a pinch.

I also have a completely disassembled MF68 (case, cap and stabs etc) and a second set of original caps.

I'll get a photo once I find it.
Neat, I'll take the Tragicforce PCB! I'm also using a disassembled Magicforce for my build lol. PM me with the info!

Rayndalf

19 Apr 2021, 06:38

serenitybomb wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 03:38
Neat, I'll take the Tragicforce PCB! I'm also using a disassembled Magicforce for my build lol. PM me with the info!
I'll pm you the moment find it :lol:
Just to clarify you already have the daughter board used with the original PCB to route the USB port?

I don't mind just selling the QMK PCB, but I'd love to sell all of it in a bundle.

What switches are you planning on using?

serenitybomb

19 Apr 2021, 20:41

Yeah, I've got an entire original Magicforce 68, so I have the daughterboard that comes with it. Just want a programmable PCB in it instead of the stock one since I hate the stock FN shortcuts lol.
I'm planning on using Gateron Clears since they're the lightest switches I've found. I'm planning to use this keyboard as my gaming one and I find that I tend to get finger aches from holding down the WASD keys for long periods of time, so I'm hoping that the light spring weight mitigates that.

Mechmodd

02 Jun 2021, 02:41

I'm also interested in a replacement pcb for my magic force 68. I have the daughter board. Any chance you have one left?

Return to “Want to buy”