[WTB - US] Black Dell AT101

hotchikalimac

13 Oct 2021, 04:26

Looking to get into alps boards. If you have one available in okay to mint condition I would love to buy it.

raoulduke-esq

13 Oct 2021, 06:59

One on eBay for $190 shipped but that is absurd.

Polecat

13 Oct 2021, 07:03

raoulduke-esq wrote:
One just sold for $78, they come up all the time. Just be patient and wait for the right deal. I paid I think $40 for mine on a best offer listing.

hotchikalimac

13 Oct 2021, 10:41

Polecat wrote:
raoulduke-esq wrote:
One just sold for $78, they come up all the time. Just be patient and wait for the right deal. I paid I think $40 for mine on a best offer listing.
I attempted to snag that one but was unlucky at it. But it's good to know they do show up periodically. And 190$ is absurd for mech of that type.

fohat
Elder Messenger

13 Oct 2021, 15:23

As for feel, I think that this is about the pinnacle for Alps. I have one that I transplanted blue Alps switches into and dressed up with Dolch-style caps, and that is my go-to Alps keyboard.

Palatino

13 Oct 2021, 15:27

When you transplanted blues, did you solder them in, or just swap in blue sliders and click leaves into the black housings? I’m thinking of doing some alps-swapping and wondered how effective it is to swap switch contents and save the bother and risk of soldering.

fohat
Elder Messenger

13 Oct 2021, 18:12

I soldered in complete switches. There was probably about a decade of difference between the blue and black, and I didn't think that they would be perfectly matched.

My "other" favorite Alps board is a nearly-new Northgate Omnikey 101 into which I top-transplanted nearly-new orange Alps "heads" from an AEK of approximately the same vintage. That is also a very successful project.

hellothere

16 Oct 2021, 22:37

Polecat wrote:
raoulduke-esq wrote:
The one problem is that most need a lot of work or have key caps that are so faded they're illegible or just missing key caps entirely. Of course, not a problem for me, as I have parts and I like to repair keyboards :D.

I've got 4 or 5 sitting around, ATM. I just got one in last week where the seller said "in perfect shape" and it actually is. I'll hopefully be posting at least one on ebay in the next week. I am in the US. If you want, hotchikalimac, I'll ping you with the ad when it's up.

Return to “Want to buy”