[WTB UK/EU] HHKB Caps

Go-Kart

12 May 2022, 11:28

I'm after a nice set of caps for a black HHKB. I wanted to really lean into a modern aesthetic and go for something like this:
Domikey HHKB Orange.png
Domikey HHKB Orange.png (934.47 KiB) Viewed 459 times
However, I was just about to buy this and I realised it didn't have the typical HHKB sub legends
Spoiler:
PXL_20220512_090944442.jpg
PXL_20220512_090944442.jpg (1.84 MiB) Viewed 459 times
. I love the HHKB layout but I use a number of keyboards week to week and can't claim to know the sub legend nav layout as well as I should.

Anyone have a cap set with HHKB sub legends? Or even point me to one? Anyone have any HHKB key cap sets for sale full stop? The sub legends aren't a deal-breaker but they're preferred.

Muirium
µ

12 May 2022, 11:36

These "Cherry style" KBfans Topre caps look your style?

I've never really used them. Have been thinking of putting them on the black HHKB, where they'd really pop, but I'm a total touch typist and actually really like the stealth ninja black I've got.

Also got a spare set of HHKB originals I bought with my first HHKB, still in box. Fortunately, they just hold up perfectly after years of heavy use so I've never needed them.

These, of course, have the front legends you still require. Nice and high contrast, too. ;)

Go-Kart

12 May 2022, 15:53

I do like the 9009 set but more for the white HHKB, and as you said, and I have found, stock HHKB caps are brilliant. With that being said, those stock caps aren't quite as garish as I'd wished but they'd tick the box. I'll have a look at a few picks online, WoB, and let you know ;)

Return to “Want to buy”