[WTB][UK]] Model M F12 key

asura

30 Jun 2022, 21:51

So... my little brother very kindly gifted me a Model M some years ago; iirc he got his mitts on a model F and had no need of a second keyboard - I know! Awesome level of kindness though!

However, keyboard was loose in his car and he had to take some evasive action on his way over and the keyboard got launched about in the boot. F12 and (again iirc this was some years ago) some other keys sheaths popped off. All but one were easily found, but finding the F12 was always on his to-do list; until he sold the car, at which point - pointless.

Said Model M has sat unloved and uncared for out-of-sight-out-of-mind for the last several years (about seven I think...) until now! I'm having a big tidy up and moving around a lot of stuff<sup>tm</sup> and re-discovered poor forgotten Model M. I've hooked it up and am giving it what I hope is a fair go (usually use MX Green) but that blank where F12 should sit is gradually driving me to distraction.

I've found various sellers of individual key caps on eBay, all but one seem to be in the US and that one... Does. Not. Have. An. F. 12!

Help me Deskthority. You're my only hope!

Muirium
µ

30 Jun 2022, 22:15

Unicomp caps won’t match. You’ll want IBM original to match IBM.

Or a complete Unicomp set. Which I could spare if you need to go that route.

Return to “Want to buy”