Novatouch 2u sliders

phinix

18 Jan 2023, 21:06

Maybe there is someone who would sell just few of Novatouch 2u sliders (for mods), I need just two of them.
Ideally with their housings, but I'm already pushing it with my wish ;)
I need them to mod my Realforce r2. I bought those from Deskeys but those are crap, 2u sliders are crooked and when asked Deskeys what I should do , they said to slowly twist the cap on it ! :o
There goes customers support...

jhkjh.JPG
jhkjh.JPG (16.2 KiB) Viewed 2927 times

AdrianMan

19 Jan 2023, 11:12

If you have you can use some 2u sliders from KBDFans, they work very good on the stabilized keys.

these guys :

phinix

19 Jan 2023, 11:50

AdrianMan wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 11:12
If you have you can use some 2u sliders from KBDFans, they work very good on the stabilized keys.

these guys :

I have those and those are also crooked. That's why I would prefer Novatouch.

I was thinking that I may just drop the idea of modding Realforce and get Novatouch, but its so hard to find one nowadays.
I have one but my daughter took it and she loves it so much that won't give it back :)

AdrianMan

19 Jan 2023, 13:31

I understand...

Maybe the deskeys ones could be heated with a hairdryer and try to do the twisting ?

Or ask for replacements on the 2u's ?

Or try to twist the 2u's from the KBDFans too ?

It would worth a try to fiddle with them first.

I have the KBDFans ones and seem fine, no crooking

AdrianMan

19 Jan 2023, 13:55

how would you rate the 1u deskeys sliders vs the Novatouch ones ?

Do the deskeys have the problem with the Cherry Profile hitting the housing too ?

I have in the back of my head modding a HHKB Hybrid Type S to MX ...

Thanks !

phinix

21 Jan 2023, 14:23

I need to try it with GMK. I only use SA on those :)

Alectardy98

15 Feb 2023, 16:53

I know nobody asked but Ibhave both a fully Novatouched keyboard and a fully deskeys keyboard... I've also noticed the issue with the deskeys 2u housings and sliders. I've also contacted support. They told me they updated the product and sent me new ones, and I still have the issues. I've tried those green sliders as well and they are okay, but not as good as Novatouch for sure. I ended up modifing the housings from Des to be a slightly larger hole for the stab and that helped a lot. Maybe you will find that works for you also.... But they are still not as good as Novatouch

The 1u sliders and housings seams to work vary well though

kokokoy

16 Feb 2023, 07:56

Yeah those sliders came in crooked (don’t even know if the latest version got it fixed) but once I twisted mine they were fine. What I did is placed a keycap then twist/nudge the cap clockwise till the alignment looks fine by looking at the underside. Did this before even placing the slider on the housing.

Have 3 sets and can’t recall if I did it for all; the version on the one with noctua is the one I’m doubtful of. Also haven’t notice any of those keys yet shifting back.
3B04A7D2-5CFA-42E8-84C4-C34D975C7B34.jpeg
3B04A7D2-5CFA-42E8-84C4-C34D975C7B34.jpeg (3.56 MiB) Viewed 2489 times
As for hitting the housing for GMK, the shifts are the only one I noticed where it happens specially when you hit it hard and off center.

Muirium
µ

16 Feb 2023, 09:09

That 1.75u right Shift key is—coincidentally—the most skewed one in my KBDfans cap set. Wonder if I can twist it straight?

kokokoy

16 Feb 2023, 10:31

Muirium wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 09:09
That 1.75u right Shift key is—coincidentally—the most skewed one in my KBDfans cap set. Wonder if I can twist it straight?
Might be a little harder to make it work or not at all for KBDFans. There’s a hole at the bottom of the crucifix (you can see the domes) which I assume makes the Des a little more flexible.
31B65FDE-7C54-4F6F-9DC9-52A00F55F6C3.jpeg
31B65FDE-7C54-4F6F-9DC9-52A00F55F6C3.jpeg (343.13 KiB) Viewed 2454 times

Muirium
µ

16 Feb 2023, 13:07

Sorry if I’m unclear. I mean the stem on the cap itself: a KBDfans Topre mount set. I’m using it on genuine Topre keyboards, where it’s clearly misaligned with all of them.

There is no unseeing that HHKB right Shift!

wobbled

16 Feb 2023, 16:37

When did you buy those deskey sliders? They revised the design and fixed the issue with crookedness not too long ago

Return to “Want to buy”