3 Apple ][c Amber Alps with most of the replacement part for restoration against your beamer or an F122.

HerbalNekoTea

02 Jul 2020, 05:06

Timustampo

Hey guys, i might had seen myself doing something a bit way too crazy. Yes i really wanted Amber Alps, yes the clean one feel pretty good, but meh, i don't feel like doing it anymore. So i got 3 Apple IIc, all 3 with Amber Alps. My plan was to replace capacitor with all 3, replace the switch on all 3 for Matias Clicky and put Amber Alps into other board, yes those Amber feel pretty good for the clean one. But this seem so much work. Since we know the lube for this alps, you would need to get that, matias switch and all the capacitor (all 3 mobo are not identical). So are scratchy or not registering or hardly registering, meaning you will need to bend the pin of those. I had been testing and keeping a log of those unit in a text file here and i got also replacement keycap for the 2 missing key (they are slightly more white and got extra stabiliser leg but not the board, probably specific to 4500 unit) and replacement rubber feet. All 3 unit had been tested with a landmower battery and a floppy emulator... Dang, i just found out i had some 5.25 inch floppy and i gave back the floppy emulator for my friend. But yeah, you will need to buy a real power supply and floppy to use for testing and reselling. In the end, you will also need capacitor and this will be the trickest part.

So, here's the deal, a huge flip potential of $1500 to $3000 if you resell them fully restored with new capacitor, matias clicky and retrobrited to the Apple ][ community. What i ask in exchange ? Well... A beamers for all 3 (If there's multiple offer, i will take the beamer i like the layout the most) or 2 of my unit for a F122 or 1 for a F AT, if possible in their best condition with or without adapter. I can accept cash for like $800 USD if there's no interest for the Keyboard Trade but i prefer trade first. I am also interested into computer part too. I am mostly in the DT Discord. If you guys want to contact me later on, you can easily do so in the discord. I will be checking this threat often during the first week but might lapse for a while after. Tell me if my offer's ridicule too. Lol, thank for your interest and see ya around on Deskthority Discord. I will be answering any question asked.

the_ambyguous

30 Jul 2021, 11:49

pm!!!!

Return to “Want to trade”