[WTT] IBM Model M15 Ergonomic keyboard

aftergen

16 Mar 2021, 08:32

I want to trade my IBM Model M15 Ergonomic keyboard
with a keypad and Lexmark logo (nearly new)

for IBM Model F 104 Unsaver or IBM 4978 Beamspring keyboard.
Honestly, I have two M15s (each with a keypad, Lexmark logo, manual and palm cushion).
One is waiting for trade and the other will be used for all my whole life.

It is mine in this video clips.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIGIYCO5838[/youtube]
Last edited by aftergen on 22 Mar 2021, 01:03, edited 8 times in total.

John Doe

16 Mar 2021, 10:33

Why unsaver attracted you so much...

Muirium
µ

16 Mar 2021, 11:57

The Unsaver is a special beast. I once had someone offer me one (and cash) as a trade for my Kishsaver. NO CHANCE!! But I'm just a compact keyboard snob. Other folks have a very special spot for the Unsaver.

aftergen

16 Mar 2021, 12:59

John Doe wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 10:33
Why unsaver attracted you so much...
I think it is beautiful because of curve line of cover shape among many Model F.
And I like IBM Model F switch more than Model M (But I like Model M SSK)
Because I can repair and restore easily inner deep space of it.

Jacobalbertus1

16 Mar 2021, 13:39

LMAO this piece of junk ain't NO WAY your getting my 4978 beamship for this piece of plastic clicky keyboards sold one of these recently for 750 bucks in good condition WITH Numpad no way you're going to get a beamship for this. dude m15 is nowhere near as rare as a beamship, and who would trade beam spring for membrane buckling springs.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

16 Mar 2021, 14:25

One of these days I want to make an Unsaver as a chop job from an F122.

aftergen

16 Mar 2021, 16:25

Jacobalbertus1 wrote:
LMAO this piece of junk ain't NO WAY your getting my 4978 beamship for this piece of plastic clicky keyboards sold one of these recently for 750 bucks in good condition WITH Numpad no way you're going to get a beamship for this. dude m15 is nowhere near as rare as a beamship, and who would trade beam spring for membrane buckling springs.
But M15 is the Joker's existence in the plastic membrane Gotham city.
Someone like it. Or someone don't like it.
Or Someone ignore it. Or someone (just like me) love it truly.

Jacobalbertus1

16 Mar 2021, 18:14

aftergen wrote:
Jacobalbertus1 wrote:
Yeah I just dont find it worth as much as a beamship, it would take something dumb rare GOOD, and USEABLE for me to sell it or trade.it IE I'd not take a space cadet cus it sucks to use and I'd have a hell of a time trying to convert it my 4978 I converted with help from aundrie and the thru hole beamspring controller, and I'm ridiculous and daily drive it

wobbled

16 Mar 2021, 18:27

I remember when beamsprings were significantly less than £300. They were overhyped beyond belief just like the space cadet. I don't regret selling mine.

JP!

16 Mar 2021, 18:31

aftergen wrote:
Beautiful.

"Poetry might be defined as the clear expression of mixed feelings.”

― W.H. Auden, New Year Letter

JP!

16 Mar 2021, 18:33

Jacobalbertus1 wrote:
Yeah I just dont find it worth as much as a beamship, it would take something dumb rare GOOD, and USEABLE for me to sell it or trade.it IE I'd not take a space cadet cus it sucks to use and I'd have a hell of a time trying to convert it my 4978 I converted with help from aundrie and the thru hole beamspring controller, and I'm ridiculous and daily drive it
Why not both? ;)

Rhododendron

16 Mar 2021, 19:48

Jacobalbertus1 wrote:
aftergen wrote:
Jacobalbertus1 wrote:
I think we got that you wouldn't trade your beamspring for an M15. So what? Just let the guy post the damn offer, it's not your problem if someone is willing to trade, is it??

Return to “Want to trade”