Cherry hirose orange x55

ironwell

01 Apr 2021, 21:16

Hello! I suggest you buy 55 switches in excellent condition, they really are perfectly preserved, like new. Sending from Russia (Perm).
Paypal: tanchik@sputnic2.ru
Discord: ironwell # 8497.
Price: 250 $ + shipping at the expense of the buyer.
Last edited by ironwell on 02 Apr 2021, 13:42, edited 6 times in total.

Muirium
µ

01 Apr 2021, 21:35

Rare, but apart from being orange pretty much your regular MX black.

wiki/Hirose_Cherry_MX_Orange

I’m sure someone will like them for their aesthetic value. But 55 is not quite enough to cover a 60%, oh no!

ironwell

02 Apr 2021, 08:56

Muirium wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 21:35
Rare, but apart from being orange pretty much your regular MX black.

wiki/Hirose_Cherry_MX_Orange

I’m sure someone will like them for their aesthetic value. But 55 is not quite enough to cover a 60%, oh no!
left a couple for myself, enough for xhkb, and you can also put the usual vintage black cherry on the long keys.

Rayndalf

02 Apr 2021, 09:44

Where'd the rest of the QX3 go :lol:

The screen on mine is basically dead, so I've been on the lookout for parts.

Muirium
µ

02 Apr 2021, 11:24

Ooh…
Nice to see one in action. Pretty decent bit of 1980s midi kit.

ironwell

02 Apr 2021, 12:30

Rayndalf wrote:

mine, unfortunately, has already been sold, I sealed black cherries there, and put the keycaps on glue.

Rayndalf

02 Apr 2021, 13:54

Muirium wrote:
Ooh…

The workflow seems... pained. I have no idea why there is a market for this stuff. I think it's the same as vintage (computer) keyboards. They were extremely expensive products which were well styled and grossly overengineered, and people think they're neat, practicality be damned.

For some reason I bought some of this crap myself not long ago. I need to do a QX1 writeup, it's literally built like a tank (stamped metal, weird access panels, hinges...)
ironwell wrote:
Rayndalf wrote:

mine, unfortunately, has already been sold, I sealed black cherries there, and put the keycaps on glue.
I think you're the first person I've heard of who actually put new switches in after taking the Hirose switches :). I wish more people would do that, I hate seeing people ruin good hardware after harvesting switches.

From what I've read normal MX stems are too big for the original keycaps. How did you glue them on?

Muirium
µ

02 Apr 2021, 14:16

Rayndalf wrote:
Muirium wrote:
Ooh…

The workflow seems... pained. I have no idea why there is a market for this stuff. I think it's the same as vintage (computer) keyboards. They were extremely expensive products which were well styled and grossly overengineered, and people think they're neat, practicality be damned.
Yup. The attic in that video is like my vintage dreams!

I have neither the space nor the necessity for such things now. My hardware desires all went into my keyboard: a Roland FP-30 with key feel aplenty. And the software these days is absolutely stunning.

But I shan't deny the old stuff has a charm. Probably more so when just kicking back and watching someone else do it!

ironwell

02 Apr 2021, 17:10

Rayndalf wrote:
Muirium wrote:
Ooh…

For some reason I bought some of this crap myself not long ago. I need to do a QX1 writeup, it's literally built like a tank (stamped metal, weird access panels, hinges...)
ironwell wrote:
Rayndalf wrote:

I think you're the first person I've heard of who actually put new switches in after taking the Hirose switches :). I wish more people would do that, I hate seeing people ruin good hardware after harvesting switches.

From what I've read normal MX stems are too big for the original keycaps. How did you glue them on?
in fact, I just wanted to return the money for the pit, there were a lot of ideas, at first I tried to expand the fold with a hot screwdriver, but it did not work, after that I just evenly gave it to the keycaps, thereby expanding the grooves, despite the accuracy, I damaged three keycaps, I filled in the broken parts with superglue, after these manipulations the keyboard worked completely fine, but one short key was filling a little, and the second was pressed evenly on only one side, but the musician who bought it said that this was not critical.

jmdawson

02 Apr 2021, 18:23

I'd love to one day get a hold of a set of these! I think giving the rarity the price right although I can't justify spending that much on switched. Anyway I just wanted to say thanks swapping switches back into the QX3 and selling it on, I hate seeing vintage tech being destroyed for the sake of a few switches.

ironwell

02 Apr 2021, 20:29

jmdawson wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 18:23
I'd love to one day get a hold of a set of these! I think giving the rarity the price right although I can't justify spending that much on switched. Anyway I just wanted to say thanks swapping switches back into the QX3 and selling it on, I hate seeing vintage tech being destroyed for the sake of a few switches.
This is not the first device that I bought in search of unique switches, initially I wanted to keep Hirosas for myself, thinking that less often I would not find anything, but then I found out about cherry nixie and I was overwhelmed with a thirst to get them, so now I will look for them. until I find it.

Return to “Want to trade”