unknown piece of keyboard for free

poskoz

28 May 2023, 11:47

Hello people I just came across this piece keyboard with a strange layout and instead of trow it away i would like to give it for free I don't have an idea of what is it , only i ask the shipment money depending on your location
Attachments
DSC_0266.jpg
DSC_0266.jpg (125.43 KiB) Viewed 3394 times

Findecanor

28 May 2023, 14:26

Looks like a keyboard for some kind of Commodore PET. The two "CRSR" keys give it away.
Edit:
Has instructions with how to convert it to USB using a Teensy++ 2.0. Too bad that the Teensy 2.0 is discontinued.
Edit 2:
From this page it looks like the switches have springs and conductive rubber on PCB.
The different PET keyboard in the Wiki seems to have the same switches, which are a kind of Mitsumi hybrid. Better pics of the switches there.

Muirium
µ

28 May 2023, 15:10

The mono legend numrow is boss, even before you factor in the PETSCII. And the aggressive yet classy (I think Eurostile) font hits the target the modern gamer boards always miss. A nice piece of work, besides those switches.

MathematicalJ

28 May 2023, 20:16

A Commodore PET! I love it. Are you in the US? If so, I would take it, convert it to USB, and build a beautiful enclosure. If I need to get rid of it, I would sell it only for cost of parts and shipping on DT.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

29 May 2023, 07:07

MathematicalJ wrote:
28 May 2023, 20:16
[…] Are you in the US? If so, […]
Location.png
Location.png (16.33 KiB) Viewed 3217 times

Muirium
µ

29 May 2023, 10:22

To be fair: that panel is hidden on mobile. You have to know it’s hidden behind the cryptic little chevron. ;)

Edit:
Now I’m back at the computer, I see the same is true on desktop, as well. It's always hidden unless you open it. The Wayback Machine shows it was always so. Pesky hidden interfaces! :evil:

MathematicalJ

29 May 2023, 19:05

TIL!

Return to “Want to trade”