Snacksthecat's free stuff thread

User avatar
snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

03 Nov 2018, 20:46

Hi Guys,
Decided to make a place to post things I'm not sure what to do with and would like to offload. Let me know if you're interested in anything or have questions. Everything here is free, just cover shipping.

#1 - Blank ____ keycaps (~70)
I'm not sure what mount these are. I got them with a bunch of buckling spring blanks but they're not anything that I recognize.

Image

Image

#2 - Another set of keycaps I don't recognize
These came off the board below. The stem is too fat to work with MX switches but they seem to fit on Alps SKCC style switches (the tall kind -- I tested with a loose switch).

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

03 Nov 2018, 20:52

#3 - Multiple Rubber Dome Keyboards
Accidentally picked/bought these. They're not for me but I'm sure someone out there will like them!

Image

User avatar
hypkx
Chasing the Dream

03 Nov 2018, 20:58

First one looks a bit like for Fujitsu peerless switches.

User avatar
snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

03 Nov 2018, 20:58

#4 - Little plastic boxes with little mini usb cables (~40)
I got these with a bunch of teensy++ clones. I found a use for one but no clue what to do with the rest of them! Might be good for organizing screws or other small parts.

Image

User avatar
snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

03 Nov 2018, 21:06

hypkx wrote: First one looks a bit like for Fujitsu peerless switches.
oooo you might be right. They do indeed fit on Fujitsu leaf spring switches (I have one 3rd gen board).

Image

Image

Findecanor

03 Nov 2018, 22:27

snacksthecat wrote: #1 - Blank ____ keycaps (~70)
I'm not sure what mount these are. I got them with a bunch of buckling spring blanks but they're not anything that I recognize.
They reminded me of Fujitsu rubber dome. I think it looks pretty similar to Sun Type 5. The caps on that are pretty sharp-edged and sharp-cornered like yours, but especially with a very small difference in tone between light and dark keycaps.

I have another Fujitsu rubber dome with compatible keycaps/sliders but with a square protrusion in the middle of the keycap instead of a round knob and a different, rounder, lower, external shape. That round knob in yours could be insignificant — maybe just a pouring spout. The Sun Type 5 cap I linked to has no knob at all.

User avatar
snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

14 Nov 2018, 01:00

#5 - IBM Wheelwriter bits
Obviously missing lots of keycaps. The caps are pretty cool though (white single piece with some typewriter sublegends)
Image

User avatar
snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

14 Nov 2018, 01:03

#6 - Alps clone keyboard assembly
I'm missing the left ctrl keycap. The switches are very very clicky (too clicky if you ask me). The keycaps are pad printed.
Image

mcmaxmcmc

14 Nov 2018, 05:25

I think we need a "Free stuff" thread for everyone here. We have too much junk around lmao. (Man, I wish the dolch looking board wasn't pad printed.)

User avatar
ZedTheMan

14 Nov 2018, 06:41

PM'ing regarding the Alps Clone assembly.

mcmaxmcmc

14 Nov 2018, 19:09

PMing regarding the wheelwriter.

User avatar
Muirium
µ

14 Nov 2018, 19:51

snacksthecat wrote: #4 - Little plastic boxes with little mini usb cables (~40)
I got these with a bunch of teensy++ clones. I found a use for one but no clue what to do with the rest of them! Might be good for organizing screws or other small parts.
How low profile are the cables? I find most mini-USB cables have a fat plastic housing on the little end, making them too damn big for many of the places a Teensy can go. Are these actually nice and flat? If so I'd like one or a few!

cjmegatron81

10 Feb 2019, 05:45

Is #2 still available? I would like the caps and also the board if possible.

Please let me know. Thanks!

Findecanor

10 Feb 2019, 12:15

snacksthecat wrote:
03 Nov 2018, 20:52
#3 - Multiple Rubber Dome Keyboards
Does the Apple keyboard have Alps-compatible keycaps?

User avatar
snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

10 Feb 2019, 19:34

Findecanor wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 12:15
snacksthecat wrote:
03 Nov 2018, 20:52
#3 - Multiple Rubber Dome Keyboards
Does the Apple keyboard have Alps-compatible keycaps?
No sorry, it's mitsumi

Post Reply

Return to “Other”