Ecommerce update

Would you be willing to pay a small fee to be able to sell on ecommerce here on DT?

Poll ended at 17 Jun 2018, 18:31

Yes, I would pay $20 to list my products
41%
No, I think this is a really dumb idea!
14%
Maybe, but I need more info?
45%

Total votes: 29

AdrianMan

17 Jun 2018, 23:34

+1 for the website + pay 20$. -1 for Paypal business

elecplus

17 Jun 2018, 23:37

Blaise170 wrote: PayPal sent me a 1099 this year even though my net profit was like $300.
They don't count net profit, they just report what comes in through sales. You have to declare the expenses on your 1040, Schedule C.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

18 Jun 2018, 00:07

They counted about $5000 that I sent to my own account as "sales", which is beyond annoying.

elecplus

03 Aug 2018, 05:58

OK folks, we now have the bare bones beginning of a website for ecommerce. Right now I am setting up categories and sub-categories. I need to know a consensus for the terminology for the following items:
1) the plastic (or metal) housing for the keyboard itself
2) the carrying case or sleeve for the keyboard
3) dust covers, such as were found on AEKs and Focus 2001, or separate dust covers
what we have so far can be viewed here https://deskthority.com/

PLEASE let me know of any more categories or subcategories that are needed!

Be nice, this is just the beginning!

I need a volunteer to make the site pretty. We have a basic template. Site is based on Joomla and Sellacious. All items of the same PN will aggregate, like on Amazon. Buyers can select products and sellers by any number of attributes, including the location of the seller. Each seller chooses where he wants to ship, and sets shipping rates.

No commissions, all DT members can post, and you get paid directly into your pp account. We can see about adding other types of payment accounts later.

AdrianMan

04 Aug 2018, 14:54

Very nice :) Thanks for the work :)

1. I suggest - Keyboard Housing Cases and Frames
2. Sleeve
3. Dust cover

I can volunteer to test the website's UI and check for inconsistencies & bugs.

Another category could be "Vendors" that groups all items by a vendor (IBM,GMK, IKBC,Vortex,Mistel,Leopold,etc)

As a first observation, that "Keyboard Parts" drop-down is not fully shown, being hidden by the middle area :
Spoiler:

elecplus

04 Aug 2018, 16:13

AdrianMan wrote: Very nice :) Thanks for the work :)

1. I suggest - Keyboard Housing Cases and Frames
2. Sleeve
3. Dust cover

I can volunteer to test the website's UI and check for inconsistencies & bugs.

Another category could be "Vendors" that groups all items by a vendor (IBM,GMK, IKBC,Vortex,Mistel,Leopold,etc)

As a first observation, that "Keyboard Parts" drop-down is not fully shown, being hidden by the middle area :
Spoiler:
It is not fully shown because there is no content (yet) in the middle area. Once that is populated by some kind soul who will flesh out the design, that should not be an issue.

All help greatly appreciated!

Return to “Other”