The Patriot
29%
The Impostor
20%

Total votes: 45

Muirium
µ

10 Nov 2018, 20:48

Glad it went to someone who’ll appreciate it. Space invaders are awesome, especially the caps. If the winner had been after one of those Impostor Cherries, I’d set my pitchfork to grumble, all right!

abrahamstechnology

10 Nov 2018, 21:19

Muirium wrote: Glad it went to someone who’ll appreciate it. Space invaders are awesome, especially the caps. If the winner had been after one of those Impostor Cherries, I’d set my pitchfork to grumble, all right!
I'm sure "lost" ballots for the Impostors will start turning up soon...

depletedvespene

10 Nov 2018, 21:26

abrahamstechnology wrote:
Muirium wrote: Glad it went to someone who’ll appreciate it. Space invaders are awesome, especially the caps. If the winner had been after one of those Impostor Cherries, I’d set my pitchfork to grumble, all right!
I'm sure "lost" ballots for the Impostors will start turning up soon...
I adamantly deny having voted more than once, no sir! :mrgreen:

Muirium
µ

10 Nov 2018, 21:28

Wait a minute. Did everyone have ID? Especially the Impostor voters, because we all know what *they’re* like. And how about that gerrymandering? Maybe the Pawn won after all in the electoral college? I demand partisan redistricting!

USA! USA! Caps Lock her up!

depletedvespene

10 Nov 2018, 21:46

Muirium, all your comments are for minor things. Let us address the elephant in the room: is random.org truly random? Has Mr. Random disclosed his interests in this raffle? Aaaaaaaaaah...

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

10 Nov 2018, 22:07

This whole thing has been a sham!

Muirium
µ

10 Nov 2018, 23:01

Guys, like can’t we just all agree to get along and rig this for ourselves?

ZedTheMan

11 Nov 2018, 21:22

I demand a full recount by hand!

Or at the very least, a coin flip!

Or maybe it should go to the Deskthority Supreme Court?

Excelso

11 Nov 2018, 21:41

ZedTheMan wrote: I demand a full recount by hand!

I didn't participate with a comment but I would be pleased to see a trial by combat in this particular case.

hansichen

11 Nov 2018, 21:47

Thanks for doing this fun giveaway!
lucar wrote: I I'll do my best to stay on par and share as much as I can , as I'm already doing with my Youtube channel.
I stumbled over your youtube channel yesterday while browsing through geekhack. Your Dolch project is really impressive, I expected a mediocre mod and saw a nearly perfect build. Keep up the good work. And also congratulations on winning the board :D

depletedvespene

11 Nov 2018, 22:38

Don't you mean the Deskthority Court Supreme?

depletedvespene

11 Nov 2018, 22:39

Excelso wrote:

I didn't participate with a comment but I would be pleased to see a trial by combat in this particular case.
The Impostœr calls on his champion, the F122!

lucar

12 Nov 2018, 14:36

hansichen wrote: Thanks for doing this fun giveaway!
lucar wrote: I I'll do my best to stay on par and share as much as I can , as I'm already doing with my Youtube channel.
I stumbled over your youtube channel yesterday while browsing through geekhack. Your Dolch project is really impressive, I expected a mediocre mod and saw a nearly perfect build. Keep up the good work. And also congratulations on winning the board :D

Hi, thank You very much for Your kind words. I'm so in love with the Dolch Pac that I waited years to be alble to transform one and finally , after careful study I found one way to do it. I see another chance to make a cheaper transplant now with a Lattepanda board for those not willing to spend too much or make a troublesome mechanical assembly.

More to come in my Youtube channel, I'm writing You from a newly born AEK64 transformation using a japanese Apple Extended keyboard II , I recorded everything, as soon as I have time to edit the video I'll publish it.

Cheers
Luca

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

16 Nov 2018, 02:12

Congrats again to lucar for winning the raffle.

He selected the Warrior keyboard. Here are some "before" pictures.

These don't do the drop-in conversion since the matrix is was dependent on some smaller ICs, in addition to the big one (the reason I haven't started working on this bunch).

Wondering if I should just hand wire everything or if I should solder pins where possible for the main IC and hand wire the rest. I should really come up with a repeatable approach since I have a bunch of these guys but I get overwhelmed easily.

lucar

16 Nov 2018, 09:43

Maybe the second approach , that would lower the number of cables laying around..

Anakey

16 Nov 2018, 12:12

Yes, solder the teensy to the main IC then wire up the remaining switches. I am already doing this method for a board i am converting at the moment, though in that case it has lock lights, a couple of extra LEDS and 2 hall effect sensors from a rotary encoder i am trying to get working also.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

19 Nov 2018, 04:35

Here's my best shot at the hybrid approach.

lucar

19 Nov 2018, 08:24

Better than having more cables around I guess.

Luca

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

29 Dec 2018, 04:08

I finally got around to finishing the prize board (sorry it took so long!). It turned out pretty awesome!

lucar

29 Dec 2018, 09:14

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)))

It's wonderful!!

Luca

Return to “Other”