11%
The Patriot
29%
The Impostor
20%

Total votes: 45

twasa

07 Nov 2018, 17:27

snacksthecat wrote: Ooof, that one's a real goober to convert. But it has a bell/buzzer! That has to count for something right?
Surely gets my vote for looking suave, the mighty F0 and a bell, but if conversion is difficult, consider this lust but not an entry.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

07 Nov 2018, 19:20

bronz wrote: What type of keycaps they all have?
All the caps are fairly thick PBT except the Imposter (can’t recall if they are double shot but they’re pretty thin)

Muirium
µ

07 Nov 2018, 19:50

Standard issue NMB. Which is to say quality, very nicely shaped, reassuringly thick dyesubs. They’re right up with Topre.

The impostor will likely be signature plastics (ancestor’s) thin doubleshot DCS profile, as they look like regular Wyse to me.

depletedvespene

07 Nov 2018, 19:54

In that case, I won't feel any guilt replacing the Impostor's caps with some nice GMK set. Yay!

cml

07 Nov 2018, 20:41

Patriot for nice keyswitches, keycaps and Liberty branding on one of the keyboards. Oh and sensible Enter key arrangement. (I also like Impostor)

dr_derivative

07 Nov 2018, 21:01

I voted for the soldier. I just love that dark grey case :D

Dingster

07 Nov 2018, 21:12

Imposter....i mean look at that thing :D

DatOtherJosh

08 Nov 2018, 03:03

The Imposter, with control in proper position and compact(ish) layout

Engicoder

08 Nov 2018, 05:02

The Patriot. The color scheme and layout make it a winner.

mcmaxmcmc

08 Nov 2018, 05:25

I'm really torn of the Soldier and the Patriot too... That cable and the industrial scheme on the soldier and the more usable layout of the Patriot... really can't decide.

Bass

08 Nov 2018, 08:40

Impostor because I actually think red goes surprisingly well with beige.

Mizar

08 Nov 2018, 13:20

Soldier, because of the color, industrial looks and the sound is very solid and satisfying. Also they have that right amount of weird to them due to the weird key layout and of course the F0 key.

Edit: And also because NMB keycaps are the best I've ever used so far when it comes to texture and shape/curvature, at least on the PC122.

Myoth

08 Nov 2018, 14:04

depletedvespene wrote:In that case, I won't feel any guilt replacing the Impostor's caps with some nice GMK set. Yay!
good luck finding a GMK set that supports this layout :lol:

and DCS is good enough as it is anyway :twisted:

depletedvespene

08 Nov 2018, 14:06

Myoth wrote:
depletedvespene wrote:In that case, I won't feel any guilt replacing the Impostor's caps with some nice GMK set. Yay!

Blanks and a sharpie, then. Artisan lettering FTW!

The only thing that worries me somewhat is the R2 1.25U key.

Myoth

08 Nov 2018, 14:10

depletedvespene wrote:
Myoth wrote:

the R2 1.25u, the R1 1.75u and the space-bar are the hardest to find afaik

depletedvespene

08 Nov 2018, 14:12

Myoth wrote:
depletedvespene wrote:
Myoth wrote: good luck finding a GMK set that supports this layout :lol:

the R2 1.25u, the R1 1.75u and the space-bar are the hardest to find afaik
Oh, the spacebar stays, that's a given.

Jimmy54669

08 Nov 2018, 15:22

I Vote for The Imposter
- the unusual Layout with this very bright red caps mhh i like
- vintage Blacks
- the retro looking case, is very nice
- the huge spacebar

snufflecat

09 Nov 2018, 09:09

I ended up voting for The Patriot after much thought, even though I would've wished it had the same cable as The Soldier. :)

DilbertProgrammer

09 Nov 2018, 14:31

I voted for the Patriot. I love the layout and the colorway. Imposter is a close second!

Shinryuu

09 Nov 2018, 18:33

Voted for The Impostor. That board contains a look that reminds me a bit about video games as well. Also, Control and Caps_Lock are swapped, that's a wonderful thing. Might work as a daily driver just fine.

abrahamstechnology

09 Nov 2018, 19:16

Shinryuu wrote: Might work as a daily driver just fine.
From personal experience, it sure will!

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

09 Nov 2018, 19:45

Reminder that the raffle ends today at 5pm central.

Are you a Cherry-crat or a Space-publican?

Muirium
µ

09 Nov 2018, 19:51

Gotta be Spacepublican, seeing as I have the hots for the Soldier. Nothing like a bit of heat under the collar when in the company of men in uniform to confirm your political place: loudly in the closet!

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

10 Nov 2018, 00:01

... and that's a wrap! Polls are officially closed.

In an unprecedented turn of events, we have two winners of the keyboard popularity contest. I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate The Soldier and The Patriot on their tie victory!

Here are the final counts. I counted the results of the poll as well as peoples' "official" votes in the thread.

Now that the keyboard winner(s) have been selected, we'll move onto the human winner of the raffle.

After making this post, I will enter all the eligible names into the random.org raffle picker and select the winner. The results will be posted shortly once I've uploaded a video of the drawing (a lot of these guys are my friends so I'm going to video tape the drawing. No funny business! Plus I like doing videos :lol:)

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

10 Nov 2018, 01:03

Congrats to Lucar!!!!

depletedvespene

10 Nov 2018, 01:36

Congratulations!

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

10 Nov 2018, 01:51

The knife on the soldier in the pic is a nice touch, hahaha.

Congrats, Lucar!

Sangdrax

10 Nov 2018, 05:08

Congrats to Lucar and great celebration raffle you ran, Snacks. Very generous of you to do something like this.

AdrianMan

10 Nov 2018, 11:03

Nice one ! Thanks & congrats to the winner !

lucar

10 Nov 2018, 20:35

I can't believe I won one of the keyboards!! Really , I could'nt believe my eyes when I saw my nickname on the screen!

Thank You snacksthecat for Your generosity and compliments for Your great skills in electronics.

Thank You all for being such a woderful community, I'm always impressed by the great spirit of friendship and sharing mood that this community is able to demonstrate again and again.

I'll do my best to stay on par and share as much as I can , as I'm already doing with my Youtube channel.

Thanks again snacksthecat and everyboy, I'm going to party seriously, I've never seen space invaders switch based keyboards here in Italy!!!

Luca
Last edited by lucar on 10 Nov 2018, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Other”