Matias click modules partnership

vali

13 Nov 2018, 11:16

Hello guys,

I'm based in England, Swindon, and I've got a Dell bigfoot from ebay. It had better days, I've dismantled it and cleaned it thoroughly. Dismantled the switches as well and cleaned them but some switches are dead and others scratch badly.

I want to mod it with Matias CLICK KEY switches but they are sold in 200 packs and they don't want to sell 100s or 105s. I'm looking for someone to split the costs, 95 switches for backup are just too much, I hope they aren't that bad so don't need that many. The person must be in the UK, better in England for the scheme to work.

The cost of switches is £48.00 and shipping is £2.50, a total of £50.50, from The Keyboard Company https://www.keyboardco.com/product/mati ... -x-200.asp

This can be done in two ways:
- 100/100 split plus shipping, translating in £25.25 plus shipping to the person that wants to split with me;
- I can mod another Dell bigfoot for the person who wants to split. The other person pays his/her share in switches plus ALL the shipping fees, including £2.50 from The Keyboard Company.
Please note: if we order 210 switch modules there may be no shipping fee as we pass over the £50 threshold. At the moment we will need to buy another 10 modules (on top of the 200) of QUIET CLICK KEY modules as the CLICK KEY modules sold apiece are out of stock.
The mod comprises only in the switch replacement. If the other person wants painting of metal plate and other things, should be discussed before.

I am good with soldering, have all equipment (soldering station, pump, solder, flux, tweezers, etc) and can do it confidently. I have actually swapped a couple of switches on my board and I find it very easy.

Please PM me if interested or if you have Matias CLICK KEY modules for sale, at least 100 pcs or better 105.

Regards,
Val.

flowerlandfilms

16 Nov 2018, 11:24

I would be interested in the switches but I am in Australia.

vali

16 Nov 2018, 12:50

G'day,

Thank you for looking at my post and giving me a reply.
I used to live in Australia and enjoyed it very much. I was in Sydney from 2010 up to
2012 when Australia joined the trend and got the economical crisis. We miss it very much so are our friends "Down Under".

I am ordering 5 switches on Monday, 3 QUIET CLICK and 2 CLICK, unfortunately at the moment the CLICK is in the old version, before they overhauled the molds and got gold plating. This is for testing purpose only, to see how they feel and sound.

I'll be using the modified keyboard in the office and I need to get a feel how they sound too, if too loud I may be in trouble.
Once I make my mind regarding the switch I'll update you. The posting from UK is £10.50 with delivery confirmation, given that the package will be small and about 0.2kg.

Thank you again.

Regards,
Val.

Return to “Other”