[Giveaway] The Boneshaker (NMB PC-122)

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

26 Feb 2019, 02:57

What is the story behind this keyboard?
I posted this keyboard for sale on reddit and quickly found a buyer. The transaction went smoothly and I thought it was a mutually beneficial exchange until I checked my inbox and saw this message:
Spoiler:
Ooof. I'm not sure what I did to deserve being talked to like that but I offered the person a full refund as long as the board was returned in the same shape that it was sent in (it was and the refund has been issued).

Do you have any pictures of the keyboard?
Of course! I love taking pictures.
Spoiler:

What are the rules for the raffle/giveaway?
  • Returns not accepted
  • I will cover shipping costs, regardless of winner's location
  • Keyboard may be cursed (buyer beware)
  • Please do not enter if you were the original buyer
Aren't you just being passive aggressive?
Maybe. But don't let that get between you and (what I feel) is a great keyboard!

When will the winner be selected?
This Friday at 5PM central time.

How do I enter?
Just reply to this post or shoot me a PM.

Update: 27 Feb
Several people have expressed disappointment that the keyboard is no longer cursed. I can re-curse the keyboard by request. I will leave this up to the winner. If you win, just let me know, "I would / would not like the keyboard cursed".

Update: 1 Mar
Last call for raffle entries. Winner gets selected at ~5pm central time today.

If 3 more people enter before the drawing, I’ll message the original buyer and ask him if he cursed the keyboard.
Last edited by snacksthecat on 01 Mar 2019, 15:25, edited 2 times in total.

Lbibass

26 Feb 2019, 04:33

This is a fantastic giveaway! Thanks for doing it! I guess this is is gonna be the post where I enter?

I don’t own any space invaders boards, I’ve never even tried one! Nor do I own a 122 key!

imdatperson

26 Feb 2019, 05:00

Thanks for this, someone will really love this board! Maybe even me ;)

Dingster

26 Feb 2019, 11:47

Thanks for doing this man. Good luck to everyone :)

AMongoose

26 Feb 2019, 13:13

That's a cool board.

I look forward to clean the switches so it's no longer a scratchy mess :mrgreen: .

Findecanor

26 Feb 2019, 13:46

I'm not interested in keyboards that size, but I applaud your generosity! I suspect that the shipping could be costly.
BTW, The Wiki says that black switches with two eyes would be tactile. Does that apply to this one?

Ozric

26 Feb 2019, 22:21

I love the look of that keyboard, sort of like an IBM 122 but still its own thing.

TheInverseKey

26 Feb 2019, 22:26

One one of the best NMB board layouts.

snot

26 Feb 2019, 22:29

What a beaut, sign me up!

depletedvespene

26 Feb 2019, 22:33

Tactile Space Invaders? I'm in.

ZedTheMan

26 Feb 2019, 22:35

One enter-ino coming up!

Space invaders are the main switch type I have yet to try, and I do love me a good 122 key behemoth.

Lanrefni

26 Feb 2019, 23:19

Heck yes,I'm very much down for getting a staggered battleship to pair with my oversized ortho BFO-9000.

PlacaFromHell

27 Feb 2019, 00:08

Oh God, I would love to get a brother for my two NMB's

cineraphael

27 Feb 2019, 00:12

I love those layout of 122 key! I PM'd you! I can restore those NMB Space Invader to work and feel like new :D !

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

27 Feb 2019, 03:20

Just a heads up, the keyboard/switches feel fine. No clue what original buyer was talking about. Maybe his fingers are rattled from using Nexus sliders.

ZedTheMan

27 Feb 2019, 03:39

snacksthecat wrote:
Just a heads up, the keyboard/switches feel fine. No clue what original buyer was talking about. Maybe his fingers are rattled from using Nexus sliders.
Darn, I wanted a cursed keyboard!

Darkshado

27 Feb 2019, 06:48

An ISO layout board with a switch type I haven't tried yet? Sign me up!

Menuhin

27 Feb 2019, 10:26

It's a handsome looking giant keyboard...

One thing have to get it out of my chest - at first, I read the title as "the bonershaker"...

AdrianMan

27 Feb 2019, 10:39

Oh yeas please :) Always wanted to try a space invaders board :)

Nuum

27 Feb 2019, 11:07

Thanks for doing this! I'd love to finally get a usable space invader board. So far I only have a NIB white space invader Liberty board in perfect winkeyless ISO DE layout, but I haven't found out what protocol it speaks. :(

Dolasvp

27 Feb 2019, 11:33

I have been interested in trying space invaders for some time. Thanks for doing the giveaway. Good luck all.

cineraphael

27 Feb 2019, 16:24

snacksthecat wrote:
I think this guy(the buyer) use too much Cherry MX and Rubberdome lol

abrahamstechnology

27 Feb 2019, 16:36

Sounds like typical Reddit snobbery to me. I'm in.

John Doe

27 Feb 2019, 16:44

I guess I can't resist any keyboard with 122-keys, but considering the shipping cost expecially where Im living, I better walk away.

Good luck, all guys.

cineraphael

27 Feb 2019, 16:45

Chyros would say "THIS TYPE OF PEOPLE ARE UNACCEPTABLEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"(In high pitch, say to that Reddit buyer) lol.

TapX

27 Feb 2019, 16:54

I'll get in just because it might be cursed.

depletedvespene

27 Feb 2019, 17:02

cineraphael wrote:
Chyros would say "THIS TYPE OF PEOPLE ARE UNACCEPTABLEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"(In high pitch, say to that Reddit buyer) lol.
"Jesus tap dancing Christ, these are hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhideous buyers."

Damonskv

27 Feb 2019, 17:03

it would be interesting to try out some new switches

cineraphael

27 Feb 2019, 17:13

depletedvespene wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 17:02
cineraphael wrote:
"Jesus tap dancing Christ, these are hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhideous buyers."
LOL :lol:

twasa

27 Feb 2019, 17:18

I've never seen any space invaders over here, especially not the cursed kind. A beautiful board. I'd just hope that it goes to someone closer, since shipping anything large or heavy here is quite costly.

Return to “Other”