Proxy service from Computer Reset

abrahamstechnology

17 Jul 2019, 01:23

Is there anyone near Computer Reset that can act as a shipping proxy for me? Interested in various keyboards (of course) old laptops and maybe desktops.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

17 Jul 2019, 03:49

I might be able to. Won't know for awhile probably.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

17 Jul 2019, 03:56

I'd still love to take a trip up there. What do I do? Just show up? Will I be turned away at the door? Don't really want to drive four hours just to be given the boot.

Texas. The gas is half price, so the cars use double the gas to compensate. :/

matt3o
-[°_°]-

17 Jul 2019, 11:03

XMIT wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 03:56
I'd still love to take a trip up there. What do I do? Just show up? Will I be turned away at the door? Don't really want to drive four hours just to be given the boot.

Texas. The gas is half price, so the cars use double the gas to compensate. :/
I would be in for anything commodore related. I believe you have to give em a call first @XMIT I can find more info if you are serious about it

andrewjoy

17 Jul 2019, 11:52

20 inch sony BVM/PVMs with RGB card!

(CRT ofc)

SGI and sun microsystem stuff.

Cool old mouse pads etc

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

17 Jul 2019, 17:37

matt3o wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 11:03
I would be in for anything commodore related. I believe you have to give em a call first @XMIT I can find more info if you are serious about it
Actually he should check with the facebook group. That's where the organizers are running the liquidation.

Muirium
µ

17 Jul 2019, 17:51

For those of us not following along, got some background to who these guys are / were, and how you know the loot?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

17 Jul 2019, 19:13

Muirium wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 17:51
For those of us not following along, got some background to who these guys are / were, and how you know the loot?
huge almost abandoned store/warehouse found with any kind of (retro) computing stuff... like "oh diddly, 10 NIB SSK over there and 100 model F"... the best stuff has already been taken anyway but still the place is so big and stuffed with computers that you are guaranteed to find something interesting if you look well enough

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

17 Jul 2019, 19:51

matt3o wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 19:13
huge almost abandoned store/warehouse found with any kind of (retro) computing stuff... like "oh diddly, 10 NIB SSK over there and 100 model F"... the best stuff has already been taken anyway but still the place is so big and stuffed with computers that you are guaranteed to find something interesting if you look well enough
Well there's still tons of retro computing stuff, like full systems, software, and documentation. There probably isn't many model F's now because people(including me) always grab those. There are probably a few more keyboards lying under everything, I doubt it would be worth a long trip is all.

Return to “Other”