Proxy service needed

Weezer

25 Apr 2021, 11:36

Hey, is there anybody in the Seattle area who would be willing to proxy something to me? I live in Michigan. Please send me a PM, we'll work something out. Thanks.

Weezer

25 Apr 2021, 23:50

No takers? If someone's able to help, I'll do your taxes.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

26 Apr 2021, 00:26

My taxes are sufficiently complicated that I may move to Seattle to be able to take you up on this offer.

Weezer

26 Apr 2021, 08:04

That's the spirit!

Also, and I'm not saying this will happen, but on the off chance that the IRS busts your door down at 3 AM, just know that it'll be out of jealousy that your taxes were done so perfectly. Believe me.

Weezer

26 Apr 2021, 20:42

Still no one? Uhh, what if I mail you an original Rembrandt? I've got a few spares lying around that I could send.

Muirium
µ

26 Apr 2021, 21:51

Hears the sound of your colour laser printer.

How many DT users do you imagine live in Seattle and its gentrifying environs? I’ve only known a couple and they’re inactive now.

Weezer

26 Apr 2021, 22:15

I'm a gambling kind of guy, and my deep-seated hope is that it's a number equal to or greater than one. I really want this computer. :(

Muirium
µ

26 Apr 2021, 22:19

If you really, really wanted it, you’d drive! I hear Montana’s nice this time of year…

Weezer

26 Apr 2021, 22:26

Montana is gorgeous, but it's a 33 hour nonstop drive one way :?

I also don't have the leave time to take a week off to get out there.

Muirium
µ

26 Apr 2021, 22:40

If you really, really, r-e-a-l-l-y wanted it…

Weezer

26 Apr 2021, 23:01

It's a tough one to weigh out but I've unfortunately been alerted that I'd return home a single man if I embarked on a transcontinental journey to "bring home trash".

Weezer

27 Apr 2021, 02:20

For intrigues sake, sin
to ship it to me when it should cost $200-300 MAX.
Last edited by Weezer on 29 Apr 2021, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

27 Apr 2021, 04:06

I wonder if MechMerlin could help, they're in Seattle and might know someone.

I've asked around on a couple of Discord rooms for you, maybe someone will bite. Good luck.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

27 Apr 2021, 04:09

Oh, have you tried uship.com? It's a service for getting directly in touch with LTL truckers.

You can also ask the seller to bring it to a shipping place and have them deal with it for you.

Just keep working the problem.

JP!

27 Apr 2021, 04:26

Weezer wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 23:01
It's a tough one to weigh out but I've unfortunately been alerted that I'd return home a single man if I embarked on a transcontinental journey to "bring home trash".
Ouch :cry: It sounds like a no-win situation to me. Are you sure it's even safe to arrange shipping? It definitely shouldn't take $900 to ship though. Personally I would probably fly out, rent a car, and then drive back. On second thought I'm not sure there would be much money to save in doing that. :cry:

JP!

27 Apr 2021, 04:34

XMIT wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 04:09
Oh, have you tried uship.com? It's a service for getting directly in touch with LTL truckers.
I would second this. You can ship just about anything.

HKG

27 Apr 2021, 04:44

I am in the Seattle area. I could probably help you out.

Weezer

28 Apr 2021, 22:18

Hey HKG reached out to me and I think we'll be able to work something out if I win the auction. I wanted to thank everyone for the support and assistance. I honestly didn't expect to get any support and it really is kinda heartwarming. thanks guys

Return to “Other”